80s Films PR: Caddyshack

cinemedia posted on Jan 07, 2010 at 07:55PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LA-LA LAND RECORDS SHANKS ONE WITH CADDYSHACK

“It's easy to grin / When your ship comes in / And you've got the stock market beat. / But the man worthwhile, / Is the man who can smile, / When his shorts are too tight in the seat.”
--Judge Smails--

(January 4, 2010- Burbank, CA) – Tee up with the premiere CD release of the legendary soundtrack to the immortal comedy classic CADDYSHACK. The soundtrack will be available on January 5, exclusively at soundtrack boutique stores including ScreenArchives.com, Buysoundtrax.com, Intrada.com, and the record label’s website, www.lalalandrecords.com.

Out-of-print for many years, and never before available on CD, the soundtrack features original music by composer Johnny Mandel, with pop classics from Kenny Loggins, including "I'm Alright (Theme from Caddyshack)", "Lead The Way", "Make The Move" and "Mr. Night," and Journey's "Any Way You Want It". The soundtrack was digitally re-mastered from the original master tapes and sounds better than ever! Limited at only 3500 units, this special reissue through La-La Land Records and Sony Music is a must-have for all CADDYSHACK fans, movie music enthusiasts, golfers, and of course... gophers who know how to party.

To create the original score, Director Harold Ramis turned to Johnny Mandel. “Johnny's credits were really great, and I thought it would be wonderful to have someone that accomplished do our score,” Ramis says. “After all, this was the guy who did the MASH theme, one that people have been hearing for almost 40 years. But I also wanted CADDYSHACK to sound as ‘conventional’ as most movie scores were at the time, with an orchestra and everything.”

The choice to approach Kenny Loggins would come from Michael Dilbeck, friend of executive producer Jon Peters. Dilbeck described, "Kenny really liked Danny's character, and wrote a song that said that no matter what happened to him, he’d be ok. Danny would be all right.” Loggins would contribute three additional tracks to the soundtrack.

TRACK LISTING:

1. I'm Alright (Theme From "CADDYSHACK")
Performed by Kenny Loggins
2. Lead The Way
3. Make The Move (3:45)
4. Mr. Night (3:21)
5. Any Way You Want It (3:09)
Performed by Journey
6. There She Goes (2:41)
Performed by The Beat
7. Divine Intervention (1:46)
Johnny Mandel
8. Marina (3:21)
Johnny Mandel
9. Something On Your Mind (2:42)
Performed by Hilly Michaels
10. The Big Bang (2:03)
Johnny Mandel

The CADDYSHACK Limited Edition Soundtrack (3500 units) will be available at soundtrack boutique stores and www.lalalandrecords.com on January 5th.

###

For more information please contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com

80s Films No replies