Avatar: The Last Airbender The comet

mythbuster_1 posted on Jan 12, 2008 at 02:27PM
I was thinking, what kind of power is the comet giving to the firebenders?
The abillity to creat bigger flames? intensifies their flames to a hotter colour? (like Azula's blue flame). Or maybe gives them the knowlenge and skill of the avatar's firebending.

The thing is, that if the effect is like that, an Avatar shouldn't have more difficulty fighting firebenders. On the contrary he will get stronger as well, because he's a firebender too!

And prehaps the increase of his firepower will give a boost to the other elements.

p.s
Does anyone knows why they don't release the episodes consistingly?

Avatar: The Last Airbender 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ktlady said…
I think it just makes firebending stronger. Like in The Siege of the North. When there was no moon, the water-benders couldn't waterbend. And Zuko was able to defeat Katara when the sun rose, but not before, when the moon was out. I think the comet will just be like an addition to the sun.
over a year ago mythbuster_1 said…
You can't compare the two. The moon is full three days of the month, all year, every year.
However, the comet comes only every 100 years. Its efect must have just a bit more "oomph".

Besides, It's going to be the climax of the show , I think it ought to be more impressive than the waterbenders' powerup.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago MC_Acktour said…
why does a ball of rock, dust and ice flying through the cold vacuam of space represent fire anyhow?
over a year ago chatsfriend said…
I think since fire draws there energy from energy sources, such as the sun, lighting, and volcanoes, they also can get energy from the comet. Not sure if that makes since though.
when the comet passes through the atmosphere it burns. The radiation that comes out of it spreads throughout the world, like the radiation from the sun.
The firebenders can use that raidation to fuel their batteries.
It makes sense... (if anything makes sense in this show)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jadon2121 said…
It doesn't need to make sense

The episodes are be release every two weeks
why?
over a year ago rockwutiwear said…
aside from Fire, Blue Fire, and lightning...
there's combustive explosions...
and there's radioactive blasts...(Heroes)
maybe either of those can be done by a common firebender durring the commet
radiation is delving into somthing totally unrelated to fire

just leave it alone and pretend it doesnt exist in the show

and dont try and wonder why the dragons live for ages with only 2 left, yet they refuse to reproduce

i just dont know any more
over a year ago jadon2121 said…
Isn't the blue fire the same as lightning
over a year ago chatsfriend said…
Well actually, I belive there is blue fire and lighting. For example sometimes Azula would would a fire blast except it would be blue, and sometimes she would use lighting.
They are not going to release an episode for 3 months!
what is up with that?
I know

what is going on with Avatar of late?
over a year ago UltimatePennys said…
The WGA strike is still going on as far as I know, be thankful that the episodes are even coming out at all
over a year ago 18wanda said…
I would be, but I don't get Nicktoons Network. Luckily I have all the episodes on DVD to make up for that.
over a year ago Bravesfan13 said…
You know I never thought of that