Avatar: The Legend of Korra How did Aang die?!

123cosmo4 posted on Apr 19, 2012 at 01:16AM
It occurred to me that Korra is 17. That means Aang died 17 years earlier, and that meant it wasn't from old age. Aang was only 66, so what do you think happened?
save

Avatar: The Legend of Korra 35 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-25 of 35

over a year ago lolibarbie said…
He died when he was sick or something, is what I've heard. Nothing too fancy :P
over a year ago BakaOnibi said…
meh
From Avatar Wikia:
"Fifty-three years after the end of the Hundred Year War, Aang passed away. His hundred years of being frozen in a state of suspended animation in the Avatar State eventually weighed heavily on his body, as he had burned up some of his energy during that time."

So he died at a younger age because of the time he spent frozen.
AnimeSociety commented…
how come he froze himself? did he? 11 months ago
Ribaby416 commented…
BakaOnibi you are completely right. I said the same thing. And he didn't choose to freeze himself... he was in battle-- or fighting someone anyways--- and he fell into the water. The Avatar State protected him and formed the iceberg around him, and then...well yea...he froze inside the iceberg under sea. 9 months ago
over a year ago wolfmaster3000 said…
make's sense
over a year ago blackpanther666 said…
Well, it was really old age, because Aang was actually '165', since he was 112 when he broke out the ice and 12 when he was frozen (he had been frozen for a hundred years). Just because his appearance didn't change, doesn't mean that his organs and such didn't age, hence why his body was unable to cope any more and he died.
over a year ago 18wanda said…
Maybe Aang's death will reveal itself in the series.
iamkorra commented…
very true. In the Season Two episode 4 or 5 maybe they reveal more of the past. over a year ago
over a year ago nghiadang7 said…
I think it had to be a great battle between Aang and his friends fighting some powerful unknown enemies that wiped out not only him but most of his friends as well. In the Legend of Korra, not only did Aang die at a young age but Toph and Sokka was announced deceased too. Only Katata is left to tell the tale.
over a year ago cyrus498 said…
The iceberg killed his life energy soo much it just collapsed and killed sang
over a year ago runochan97 said…
angelic
he was ill and could hardly move
over a year ago Makorra4547 said…
i agree b sides he was an old man inside a kid body when he woke up, at least he found love inside that kid body
over a year ago letters- said…
smirk
that impossible cause aang was 112 when he saved the world and they said 70 years after aang brought peace he died so he was 182 so he simply passed away
over a year ago DiamondYJ said…
Ahh that makes sense.
over a year ago jeniffer2200 said…
crying
His energy have been drained from living in an iceberg for 100 years so...
over a year ago 123cosmo4 said…
That's what everyone thinks, but I just don't know. The whole "dying as a result of a battle" or something would be a great finish for Aang.
over a year ago 123cosmo4 said…
smile
If only it was something Yukone related. That would be epic!!!!!
iamkorra commented…
actually it is. In season Two the reveal more of angs past. Also in the episode Out Of The Past in season one you can see Yukone actually twisted aangs entire body. That could have led to serious problems or injuries. Either wa we'll find out over a year ago
over a year ago lharaela said…
angelic
i think because when aang died it has reborn itself and now aang is korra and aang is the past life of koora and thats why korra is aang . . :)
last edited over a year ago
iamkorra commented…
whatever u just said is wrong and made no sense. over a year ago
over a year ago shipperofmany said…
It was age. Due to Aang being in an iceberg for a hundred years, he died early
iamkorra commented…
again Wrong. over a year ago
over a year ago stellamusa101 said…
Well, Aang is a hundred years when he was in the iceberg.. so that is why he die - maybe that time he died, like, he is 200 years old?
over a year ago mhs1025 said…
one day,i was watching an episode of legend of korra and korra was trying to communicate with aang through meditation. when she did,he admitted he was 40 when toph called him twinkle toes. he said "toph,i'm 40 years old,so will you stop with the nicknames?" or something like that.
over a year ago kbug7777 said…
worried
I hope it's going to say in TLOK. It's been killing me!!!
over a year ago wolfmaster3000 said…
crying
They said it , it was old age witch in the starting when it sais he died I tear up everytime, in the finally when he came up to Korra I freaked I was crying / smiling laughing fucking everything at the same time XD
over a year ago UsagiMint said…
so did Toph and Sokka just die from old age too? Poor katara all alone: (
guyofthe90s commented…
i'd like to think they died in battle over a year ago
iamkorra commented…
guyofthe90s your wrong.Toph yes probably did die in battle being she was the ' esteemed chief of police ' Sokka on the other hand was a councilman member so he couldnt have died in battle. Other evidence comes from Season 1 episode Out Of The Past when Korra meditates to communicate with aang being Tenzin said " I believe Aang is trying to communicate with you " so as she did revealing the past it says during her vision " CouncilMen Sokka will anounce the verdict ". over a year ago
over a year ago projectz said…
yeAH BUT THE THING IS SOKKA IS A FIRE BENDER (I FOUND CAUSE THE LEGEND OF KORRA STARTS EARLYER IN MY COUNTRY ) AND HE DIED FROM OLD AGE TO SO
guyofthe90s commented…
he died of a illness from being frozen over a year ago
over a year ago tdperson said…
"Another downside to the Avatar State is the considerable mental strain it can cause to less experienced Avatars. Prior to his tutelage under Guru Pathik, Aang would often leave the Avatar State feeling horrified at what he had done under its influence. Furthermore, use of the state, at least in extraordinary circumstances, can place such a large physical strain on an Avatar's body such that their life span can be affected; thus, Aang's one hundred-year time in the iceberg contributed greatly to his eventual death at sixty-six years of age biologically, and 166 years chronologically." Quote from Avatar Wiki. Here's how he died.
over a year ago guyofthe90s said…
Aang died from a illness he got from being frozen for over a hundred years he is actually 166
over a year ago Diether_143 said…
Aang died because he spent his time in the iceberg until he died 17 years ago , Aang was the last Avatar and then Korra was he's reincarnated one. After Korra next to her is Avatar Thoryn.