Barbie Movies Father in the Island Princess

beckstar posted on Nov 26, 2011 at 08:39AM
I think this was the movie...

When Rosella meets her mum, where is her Dad?
They only show her meeting her mum. As soon as I first saw the film I always wondered.

Please excuse me if this is the wrong film. I'm pretty sure this is the film where her father isn't shown. Did he die?
last edited on Nov 26, 2011 at 08:41AM

Barbie Movies 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nadhira123 said…
i think so
over a year ago MelodyLaurel said…
As far as I remember, they never mentioned her father in the movie, though I've always wondered if the 'male voice' Ro heard calling her when the ship sank was her father... If that's so, he must have died, but since it's a kiddy movie, they avoid mentioning him. It's just my guess.
over a year ago CleoCorinne said…
^ In fact, I think the same as MelodyLaurel
over a year ago beckstar said…
Aww, that's sad. I wish they would've mentioned it, because sometimes kids have to deal with death at a young age and not bringing it up can make it harder.
over a year ago MajorAbbey said…
I've always thought along the same lines as MelodyLaurel; that her father was the man on the ship.
over a year ago manu962 said…
I think so too.And if he said "Hang on Rosella ! " maybe he died trying to rescue her .
over a year ago MJsValentine said…
^ That would have been really tragic. Kind of weird how it was mentioned in PCS that Blair's real parents were killed in a rather brutal/tragic way, whilst Rosella's father wasn't even mentioned. But that's Mattel, I guess.
over a year ago MajorAbbey said…
He's not the only one. Clara "lost" her parents and I can't recall what happened to Daniel's father. (Or Anneliese's, for that matter.)
Didn't they mention that Blair's parents were killed in a car crash?
I just watched the Island Princess last night for not watching in about 3 years on Youtube (part of it). He calls to Rosella in the ocean (probably is him) and then his ship looks like it goes down like you mentioned. She must've became unconscious and that's how she washed up instead of drowning.

edit:
I just watched it last night with mum on t.v. She had seen it, but couldn't remember it until the song 'Love Knows, Love Grows' started playing. She wasn't too fond of the singing though, but she loved it. It was never one of my fave movies because of the singing, I've never liked movies with singing. The last time we watched it was about 2007 on an old tv from years ago. The TV we have now is long and flat and newer. WOW! I never noticed the jewels on Rosella's peacock feathers before! And also the crowns actually shined..it was amazing.

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago MJsValentine said…
I'm originally from an island, which boasts elephants, peacocks and raccoons. Every island used to be once part of a mainland, so that explains how all those animals would have gotten there. Besides, animals are sometimes brought from foreign countries and are left there. They start to reproduce, etc. Sorry for sounding like a scientist :O
Oh yeah, that's true. I've seen photos of Elephants on Islands...*smacks head*