I should probably post this on the Bassoon spot... but whatever. :P
- It's a beautiful instrument that should be treasured.
- Also, almost no one plays it, so they're in demand in orchestras and whatnot. HIPSTER INSTRUMENT FTW.
- It's a swear word in German and Finnish and also possibly Italian.
- Sucking on the reed gives me many fond memories of being a baby. ^_^
- If you put a glove on top of the bell, and play a low B flat, the glove will inflate. So freaking cool.
- You can poke/hit people with it accidentally-on-purpose.
- It gives you an excuse to be unladylike. In the sitting position, you have to spread your legs to give the bassoon full support.
- You get easy sheet music for band pieces.
- SO. FREAKING. HEAVY. O_+
- You can't play it while standing.
- People always asks just what the fuck is it.
- Cleaning it and packing it up takes a shit load of time.
- Basically every band conductor you meet ignores you.
- The high notes sound like a dying cat (at least, the way I play it, it does).
- It cost 10000 freaking dollars just for a mid-decent one.
- You get tired of getting easy sheet music after a while. GIVE ME A CHALLENGE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!