Books to Read Who's fed up with Twilight?

Gugu7 posted on Mar 13, 2009 at 05:17PM
There's been SO much press lately about twilight and I know loads of people who are fed up with it. This time next year the hype will have died down and it will just be another book. Loads of people will have the DVD but they'll only watch it once or twice. I think it's been over rated just caus loads of people fancy robert pattinson. Sorry to any twilight fans, it's an amazing book, but what makes a good book isn't just the plot. A book has to be individual, one that not many people have read, one thats not over rated. Anyway, what do you think? Agree? Disagree? Have a different idea? I'd be interested to know. Thanks. :-)

Books to Read 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
rainy
I'm a fan of Twilight. I like the books. When I first read them, I was as crazy about them as any other girl. After rereading them for, oh, 1 or 2 months, I got a little bored and moved on to some new books. I now have a long list of new books to read, and my craziness for Twilight has gone down quite a bit. I still like it, but I sort of see the downsides and the bad parts of the book. There are a lot of books out there better than Twilight. My prime example being Harry Potter. Read Harry Potter!!! Okay, I'm off track. Anyways, so now that my hyping has gone, I too am getting rather annoyed at all the hype. I'm rather sick of hearing 'OMG EDWARD IS SUPA HOTTTTZZZZ!! HE'S SOOO SEXY!!!' Personally, I like Edward's character, but people never talk about his character!!! They never talk about his personality, his sense of humor, his talent for music, his incredible love for Bella, it's always he's so hot or he's so dazzling and sparkly and I just want to punch something!! AUGH!!! This was a rather random and informative comment. Hope you enjoyed it :) Anyways, yes I agree with you. I wish the hype would die down. It's rainy today. So here's a rainy emote :)
over a year ago paintsellers said…
I definitely agree ! I read Twilight back in October, and I was completely obsessed for about a month or so. After reading the books a few times over, I realized that I was just, bored with them. This was around when the movie came out, and I was really disappointed with the movie. But that was when all the hype was at its peak, and it was driving me insane. I wanted to throw these books in the garbage. Yes, Edward Cullen is hot. Yes, Robert Pattinson is hot. Get over yourselves already. Yes, Twilight is definitely overrated. And spikes_girl, yes, Harry Potter is so much better than Twilight. I have read those books over and over again since I was 6, and I haven't gotten tired of them. Twilight got old for me after 1 month. I really want the hype to die down, but I'm afraid that as soon as New Moon is realeased, it'll pop right back up again. I might not have really answered your questoin XD but that's what I think.
over a year ago kandyluv said…
I dont know i mean i read all the books, bought them all and was obsessed.bags cloths 2.i guess thats what the book does to people or somthing.I started reading the books in may and was so excited about the film but my obesstion is going away slowly.i wont shut up when someone starts talking 2 me about it but after a while it gets annoying but im still buying the dvd.Im watching way more than twice so idk i guess i agree with Gugu7 and its all going 2 go away in a year or somthing.I think the population of people reading the books is only growing and growing but there has 2 be a time when it will only be a book.
over a year ago summerfrog said…
tongue
I am really tired of it by now.I read the book before it got big and loved it but it has gone too far.Manny people have seen that but it will only get worse with the new movies.
over a year ago duckey94 said…
meh
Ooh, me me me! I really kinda hate Twilight, to be honest. It's way over-rated. Not only is it an overdone overall plot plagued with little details that made me cringe, it's also not all that well written. Sure, there are people who love it. Okay, fine. Then read it more than once or whatever, but then MOVE ON. Don't gush over Edward every two seconds or go raving about how wonderful the series was when you read it for the seventy-second time.
over a year ago pixie09 said…
big smile
no. i love it!! O.o
over a year ago r-pattz said…
theyre good, im super excited about the dvd, but there is a lot of hype and it is getting annoying esp. with all the new fans
i think im going total harry potter for a while.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago kakarot said…
i commented about this on my post but what the hell.i hate twilight. im sure my post is around here somwhere if you care to read.
over a year ago Ovybo said…
I agree. I may be a big fan of Twilight but i'm not Edward crazy, or Rob Pattison crazy. I think it's over rated and populated now. It WILL just be another book after all the buzz.
i hate edward, as a matter of fact. i hope it will be just another book so then i can go back to liking them
over a year ago momshere said…
I agree that Twilight is overrated.

I disagree about what makes a good book. It is the plot - has it been well thought out and then the story line needs to be captivating and flowing certainly not mundane or pedestrian.

I agree a book has to be individual, especially in the subject matter or plot line and certainly better if not written to jump on the band wagon of popular culture. I hope that a good book is read by many.

A book becomes overrated when we get the media hype and the merchandizing going. That is when I begin to question why was the book written. (If I see one more Twlight shirt I could scream.) Anyway, that is what I think.
over a year ago RanDoM723 said…
I do have to say that i read them about two years before they got all popular, and I loved them. I read them all twice or more. Now, I'm pretty fed them. Every time someone says "oh my gosh isnt twilight awesome" i ask if theyve read the book because if they havent i get really pissed and i'm like "the movie SUCKED, okay?" Just get over your stupid infatuations, cuz i really do think that the movie ruined everything. And i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but thats just my opinion. But really, before the movie actually came out, i was looking forward to it, but now, the whole thing is just stupid and i hate it when im forced to stop loving a book because of too much publicity.
over a year ago martemora15 said…
big smile
NOT ME!!!
over a year ago angel_girl said…
I couldn't be more sick of all the Twilight hype! I read the books just a few months before they got really popular and I loved them but come on! I think people are going way overboard, yeah sure they are good but they aren't that good. I've read many other books that are just so much better and that I haven't got sick of yet. :)
big smile
when i said i love it, i ment the book, i didnt read it so many times that i got hell sik of it, and ill be able to read it again in a few years and love it again. i hate all the fake hype from people who only like it coz everyone esle does. but i thought the books was very good. not saying it was the best, but i truly do love it :p
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I used to love it to bits but then, slowly the utter craziness of fans and the ridiculous hype (t-shirts that say "I like guys that sparkle" are my sworn enemies) got to me. I tried re-reading Twilight last week and got bored and picked up something else and thought "finally! storyline!". I like it but it's not a masterpiece and I don't think it deserves all the hype that it has unlike Harry Potter which definitely does deserve it.
over a year ago forbiddenLURVE said…
i'm really annoyed how they are taking everything too far eg. dolls, t-shirts and etc.

it's not like you see people wearing harry potter shirts do you??
dude they have a freakin bored game now.
there was this one fan who wore a breaking dawn tee shirt and she was just buying eclipse. god i couldve punced her cuz those are the kind of fans that killed twilight
over a year ago zuntiz said…
sick
the hype is driving me crazy, you just can't get away from it!

I became obsessed with Twilight after I read the first book two years ago, and it continued, especially last summer with the wait for BD and the movie. Then BD came and suddenly I was 'cured'.
It's almost scary to think back at how I didn't seem to realise what I was reading as long as it had Edward in it, and how Twilight was the only thing on my mind... ok, not the only thing, but close to.
big smile
i still like it .. but am mostly over it .. i surely wont be picking a twilight book up again in the next few years .. :]
over a year ago monique2993 said…
smile
Whn I first read the books, I really liked them.But as soon as people heard that the flm was going to be made, the fans went mental! I've re-read the books so many times that I have grown bored of them. And, sorry, but the film was terrible!=D
over a year ago jedi145 said…
I liked the books at first but now I'm bored with them and the hype drives me crazy
I have a shirt but I have'nt even seen the entire movie and I probably won't ever re-read the books

I'm still obsessed with harry potter , even though I have a twilight shirt, I have way more hp merchandise
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Lilrue87 said…
tongue
See the thing is.... Twilight is an awesome book, but they've added all of this hype and some of these fans are really obsessed and its kinda scary... I mean people are scratching their necks till they bleed so it looks like vampire bites... and they're giving everyone who isn't psycho a bad rep and if you start to talk about it everyone thinks your some kind of psycho. I personally think people should just move on.
over a year ago percyandpotter said…
angry
Twilight is an okay book. The problem is that for half of it it's been "Oh, I love Edward, oh Edward, I love you so," and it gets on my nerves. Plus, the only reason it's so popular is because of Robert Pattinson, who really, isn't that cute with his makeup. When he played Cedric Diggory, he was cute, but did he get press? No.
over a year ago Ashley-Green said…
I still feel the same way about Twilight as I did when it was first released; badly written with an un-original storyline. In retrospect: i dislike it intensely. But when i first reas it, i quite enjoyed it