Booth and Bones Seeley Booth IS Angel

ConspiracyNut posted on Jan 24, 2008 at 04:12PM
Comprehensive Listing of Points of Congruence Between Seeley Booth and Angel
Found in Seasons 1 and 2 of Bones

1. Seeley is deeply religious (Catholic) as is Angel. Seeley describes himself as, "...a normal guy who believes in good and evil and the soul..."

2. Seeley is deeply guilty over past actions (ostensibly his career as an Army Ranger Sniper), as is Angel. He is also reluctant to share this information despite the fact that Temperance "Bones" Brennan is well versed in military atrocities.

3. Seeley compulsively tosses and catches small objects, as does Angel.

4. Many times when not on duty Seeley can be seen wearing dark shirts and pants with a long black trenchcoat.

5. Seeley reads Latin (though at first pretends not too), as does Angel

6. Seeley seems to have a sexual attraction to strong, martial arts trained women, as does Angel

7. Seeley lacks the ability to use most modern slang, as does Angel

8. Seeley loves ice cream, as (whenever he becomes human and can taste it) does Angel. He also displays an excited enjoyment of other foods (especially Mac n' Cheese) as does Angel.

9. Despite his initial attraction to Temperance "Bones" Brennan Seeley is (at first) in a committed relationship with a blond woman. The mother of his child is also a petite blond woman.

10. Crime is about the victims for Seeley, his personalizes cases. You could say he attempts to help the helpless.

11. Seeley claimed to once have a gambling and drinking problem. Prior to being a vampire Angel's main pastime was gambling and drinking. Presumably these vices were resurrected along with his humanity.

12. Seeley has numerous scars supposedly from torture endured during his military career. Many of them appear to be cuts, perhaps cuts from swords, knives, axes and other such medieval items?

13. Angel and Seeley share similar taste in undercover wear. Fedoras and baggy shirts.

14. Seeley can get around on a rooftop very effectively. Once outrunning and surprising a freerunning martial arts expert. Angel spent a lot of time moving rooftop to rooftop.

15. In an episode where the closest weapon analog one of the scientists can figure out is a broadsword Seeley begins a sentence in the following manner;

"I'm no expert on broadswords but I do know..." prior to being interrupted.

16. For a guy with multiple sexual partners Booth seems utterly and completely reticent about sex. Talking about it even in the most general terms with his best friends makes him very, very uncomfortable.

Its almost like he's used to NOT being able to have sex and forcing his thoughts and the conversation to turn to something else to minimize his frustration level. Which is a tactic Angel used.

17. Angel and Seeley are both ice hockey fans. Angel watches it during an episode and buys Conner a tiny hockey jersey and stick. Seeley has a prominently displayed photo of (I believe) Wayne Gretsky in his office.

Booth and Bones 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Serienjunkie91 said…
That's really great. I noticed some of them before but all the ones you got. =)
over a year ago Michellebob said…
Very cute!
you are very observant!!
over a year ago nlei11 said…
17 is incorrect. It's a picture of Bobby Orr on the wall behind his desk. Wayne Gretzky never played for the Boston Bruins.
over a year ago kayrage11 said…
7 is incorrect as well. It's Brennan who lacks the ability to use most modern slang. Also, the reason Angel and Seeley are both hockey fans is, of course, because David Boreanaz is a HUGE hockey fan. He's a Flyers fan.
over a year ago ebathory said…
Great list! But I don't know about 12 either, we don't actually know he has physical scars from torture, let alone cut marks. We only know he was tortured by having the soles of his feet beaten with lead pipes.
over a year ago Wendy2066 said…
Wow, good list, that turned out to be likely to be true now that sleepy hollow fantasy is Bones cannon. I have mixed feelings, but they actually did a crossover pair of shows that means the supernatural exists in Bones.