Considering the majority of fans (of the tv show) ship Delena and book fans are divided on Damon/Bonnie, thought I'd make a forum to welcome Donnie fans (I jus made the name up) and list why exactly you are in love with this ship!
So I'll start. I read about them in the book and tho I thot Delena was sexy and all but I jus couldn't erm LOVE it. Then came the Donnie interaction - fell head over heels. It was jus..WOW. Bonnie brought out a caring, human side to Damon that I was craving to see. He cared about her and she trusted him enough to call him for help when she was in danger. I think she believed in him where even Elena gave up.
In the tv show - they look like incredibly STRONG characters who would not be intimidated by each other in a relationship. Of crz, we've actually got to see a scene with them together yet...
Gonna stop now - getting rantish lol
} NOTE: Please don't copy or steal this idea. You know who you are
- Because somehow in some way they bring out the best in one another
- Because Damon sees himself in Bonnie
- Because somehow Bonnie always saves Damon
- Because Damon HAS saved Bonnie in spite of himself
- Because they're on the slow-burn
and are still explosive
- Because when it comes down to it Damon could NEVER hurt Bonnie
- Because Bamon are the LOVE STORY before 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Because Damon has never lied to Bonnie
- Because Damon always can see through Bonnie even if her friends can't see through her lies
- Because Bonnie showed she trusted him with her life
- Because Damon died for her
- Because our heart broke for Bonnie when she saw Damon die - you only cry like that for someone you LOVE
- Because even in serious situations they found time to flirt
- Because Stefan totally ships them XD
- Because he blushed when she kissed him
- Because he gave her a sexy, open-mouthed kiss
- Because he noticed her bra size lol
- Because Damon teased her about the manliness of Jeremy
- Because she saved him from the witches' wrath
- Because the first time Damon saw Bonnie have a vision - he was politely puzzled
- Because Bonnie pulled one over him
- Because she was the first person to touch his true self - his soul
- Because he sees her as a 'good person'
- Because she challenged his emotional self when she saved him from the fire
- Because he did really want to 'protect' her
- Because the little hints of their backstory we've seen on the show seem AMAZING
- Because their chemistry is undeniable
- Because they outrageously flirt no matter who's there
- Because Damon rose his glass as a toast at her
- Because he eyed her up whilst she was doing a spell
- Because he was whistling at her
- Because Damon couldn't help but lick his lips when she went fiesty on his ass
- Because they are so #Married
- Because Damon automatically has no concept of personal space when it comes to Bonnie
- Because they dress in matching colours sometimes
- Because he did his eye-flirt at her
- Because he listens
- Because Damon tells jokes more around Bonnie
- Because Bonnie calls him "Older, sexy, danger guy" (Girl's guy radar is ON)
- Because she calls him "gorgeous" in the books
- Because he gave her sexy kiss on her back ;D
- Because he comes for his 'bird'
- Because she is worth "infinity" ordinary girls to him
- Because Bamon is so much more than lovely dovely, their wicked, bad,and not your average couple ;D
- Because we love a forbidden love story
- Because a vampire and a witch - is something to be revered
- Because they are so unpredictable together
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie in Blood Will tell
before attempting to bite her
- Because that kiss had us thinking bad things
- Because on the show - he's never held anyone so physically close as he did with 'dead Bonnie'
- Because he nicknamed her
- Because she nicknamed him
- Because Damon was so emotionally affected by Bonnie's death - even though he knew she wasn't really gone
- Because she ONLY loves him!
- Because Damon couldn't slap Bonnie, instead he kiss her to calm her down in The Dinner Disaster
- Because Bonnie in the books love only him and for her he is her first choice and not the second like for Elena and Katherine
- Because they have so much passion
- Because Damon refused to let Klaus take Bonnie - with a firm "No"
- Because they both are great dancers
- Because Damon's instinct is always to protect Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie hurt Damon he never ever seeks revenge in any form
- Because in their first scene together - we love how Damon tried it on with Bonnie and how she shot him down
- Because they see right through each other
- Because in the books: Damon was beside himself with 'terror' when he realised he'd just abandoned Bonnie
- Because he couldn't take the idea of Bonnie being anyone's but his
- Because Bonnie asked Mrs Flowers how to contact the dead - so she could talk to Damon
- Because at the end of Midnight when all other visions cleared away there were only two on his mind : Bonnie's face and name
- Because he sooo checked her out in her dress in 3x09
- Because Bonnie is Damon's "humanity" in the books
- Because Damon is Bonnie's "savior"
- Because we so ship the bad boy and 'sidekick'
- Because Damon called Bonnie "good"
- Because in the Last Dance
Bonnie saw real concern in Damon for herself
- Because Bonnie teases Damon
- Because Damon teases Bonnie back
- Because Bonnie is Damon's type in the books and show
- Because Damon is Bonnie's type in the books and show
- Because in After Hours
Damon was fantasizing with his eyes wide open for Bonnie
- Because Damon went all poetic for Bonnie in the books
- Because Damon made Bonnie smirk-smile with his goofy dancing
- Because one look is always enough
- Because they deserve to be happy
- Because Elena is jealous of Bonnie. “I’ve also been jealous of Bonnie.” Bonnie’s head shot up, and she stared at Elena with an expression of disbelief. “I was used to being the only human Damon cared about, the only one who he would want to save.” She looked at Bonnie with tear-filled eyes. “I am so, so glad that Bonnie is alive. But I was jealous that Damon cared enough to die for her." i mean if ELENA is jealous there must be something going on! ;)
- Because the Bamily alone are enough for anyone to start shipping them XD
- Because Damon got very guilty when Bonnie mentioned him leaving her for 4 days.(Midnight)
- Because he couldn't help not looking at Bonnie, after he had undressed her. (Nightfall)
- Because Damon met Bonnie, before he met Elena. (After hours)
- Because Bonnie said he could have her anytime:
"You just don't want it to be Damon," said Meredith. "I would think you'd be more worried about him being a psycho killer than a diary thief."
"I don't know; killers are sort of romantic. Imagine your dying with his hands around your throat. He'd strangle the life out of you, and the last thing you'd see would be his face." Putting her own hands to her throat, Bonnie gasped and expired tragically, ending up draped across the bed. "He can have me anytime," she said, eyes still closed.
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie at Alaric Saltzmans party.
- Because Damon got the ability to make Bonnie laugh:
She heard Damon's low ironical voice: "And have you heard that kissing a red-haired girl cures fever blisters?" And then Bonnie's outrageous, flattered laughter.(The Struggle)
- Because they are "cut from the same cloth" aka are SoulMates
- Because Ian admitted he read the Bamon book scenes *squee*
- Because Kat said: "The most profound bond Bonnie has is with Damon"
- Because Ian said Bamon is "Wow!"
- Because Ian said that Bamon "really works"
- Because KG&IS ship them XD
- Because there's never been a couple like them
- Because in his 500 years of existence he's never met anyone like Bonnie (books)
- Because Bonnie's feelings for Damon are very real (books and show)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her (books)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her in the show
- Because Damon avoids manhandling Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie saved Tyler from Damon, he immediately forgot to be mad at her
- Because they do 'mouthing' communication
- Because Damon was listening out for Bonnie even before he got to the house
- Because when Abby told Bonnie to tell her 'friends' of the danger - she called Damon
- Because Damon soooo checked out Bonnie in that dress
- Because in the books Bonnie withstood torture for Damon
- Because Bonnie lied to protect Damon from the kitsune
- Because the 'lady of quality' Damon chose to help him turn back into a vampire reminded him of Bonnie (psychoanalysis alert).
- Because Damon told Bonnie she was a 'lady of quality.'
- Because there aren't 'two like her'
- Because Damon refers to Bonnie as his witch
- Because they keep us waiting which ensures they'll be even more epic when they happen!
- Damon would never accept Bonnie w/ other guy in order to make her happy..
- Because Damon, 'He’d always thought of her as his' (Moonsong)
- Because LJ Smith said that she would have had Bamon together in the woods helping Caroline give birth. And she would FIGHT for the scene to be published