Damon & Elena Opinion Article

She choose Stefan.So what???What 3x22 really shows,not what it looks like.

Opinion by eve_k posted over a year ago
Credits go to Bibi88
S3 finale yesterday and the "choice" was made.Elena choose Stefan.I see that a majority of our fandom says that it is quitting and that Stefan got another free pass.Allthough I am mad at Stefan(for other reasons)I think that her choosing him is not such a disaster.

First of all,she actually said that he saved her,she met him first etc...As much as she tries to deny it,THAT is why she is with him.As much as she says "No,it is because I love him,bla,blah,blah" the truth lies somewhere else. "He helped me live again".When she felt dead,Stefan was there to help her.So she owes him.There is no denying that she loves him,we would be naive to claim that.But the reasons for that just do not scream "epic love" they scream "safety"!!!!!!!!!!!She couldn't even say "Yes,it is always going to be Stefan" she said "For now".Doesn't that tell us something?She can't plan her whole life with him,just like she couldn't with Matt.Plus,with Stefan she knows where she stands.She is always in control of the situation,she never loses it.They don't have,what is that little unimportant word?Oh yes, passion.You know,that thing that is totally unnecessary in a relationship?
She lost her parents,Jenna and now Alaric.So now,she wants once again to feel safe.And that means Stefan.

BUT that person is not who Elena really is.Who she really is,was unvailed to us,during that little flashback with Damon.In those 2 minutes we saw the real Elena.The Elena we hadn't seen for 3 seasons.The Elena BEFORE the accident,and not when she was indesicive over Matt, a glimpse of her true self,all cards open.And it is right there:
"So Damon,tell me what is it that I want?"
"You want a love that consumes you.You want passion,and adventure,even a little danger."
And you see it.Right there.He is right.She is totally mesmerized by his words and you see it in her face that that is what she wants(not to mention how impressed and charmed she seems to be by him).
Where is that person now?With Stefan?Certainly not!!!!She doesn't have any of that with Stefan(and I don't think that he could handle such a person,just like he couldn't handle Katherine).She has what the accident taught her that she needs.I will say it again "SAFETY".I don't think that it is a coincidence that the writers used the word "consume" with both of them "You want a love that consumes you " " He consumes me".So,what Elena really wants,taking out all the complications,all the incidents,etc?Damon.She is just to scared to admitt it,even now which is,in fact,ridiculous I won't deny it(no matter what everyone says that she choose considering everything the girl is yet in so deep denial that she STILL can't say that she loves him.Really Elena?)

As I have said before,even if she choise Damon now,all those reasons that she has stated for wanting to be with Stefan,would come back later.She would certainly second guess her desicion and eventually leave Damon in order to be with Stefan.Because
'he is safe","he helped me live".A the fisrt bump she would feel uneasy and uncertain and would seek stabillity again.Do we want that?.No.I much rather see Damon heartbroken again,now,rather than when they are together which would be the biggest heartbreak he ever felt.Not to mention that they both would be with a "What if"."What if I gave Stefan a last chance","what if she isn't sure she wants to be with me".We don't want them having to second guess their decision,we want them to be sure.So let her have her last try with Stefan,because that is what she is having.A last chance.I trully believe in DE and I am sure they will progress in S4.Elena will be a vampire.How much more safety will she need?Of course she will stay committed to Stefan (that is her nature) but will she be able to plan FOREVER with him?Now Stefan,will be like "In a hundred years we will be there,doing that..."Will she be able to see that?The girl who said "I want him FOR NOW?"I don't think so.

Last but not least,doesn't that the SE'ers arguments are starting to fall apart makes you happy?They actually have only 2.The first is "epic love",which we allready translated as "safety" and the other one,one of their stongest arguments was the "Stefan met her first".Well,guess what,it turns out he didn't!!!Damon did,and she completelly fell for him!!!So basically,we must feel sorry for them.They are running out of arguments.They can't even use the "It's you and I Stefan.Always." It acually is "It's you and I Stefan.For now."But the same doesn't apply for us.All of our arguments are intact,and getting stonger by the minute!!

The producers know which couple is the most popular and the stongest,so they want to string us along a little longer.Watch over shows like "Bones","Castle", they took time.Castle and Beckett just got together at S4 finale!!!!None important endgame couple got together at the second episode!!!!So we must not give up now!!!!We must support them as stong as ever!!!We must show that they can't shake us.We are here no matter what.Because if it something that 3x22 did,was fore shadow a DE future while giving SE a closure.It showed what Elena would choose if her parents hadn't died,if she was given the chance to be the person she was supposed to become.Will we give up now??I don't think so.

credits go to jacky_

So true.Im feel better really.Thanks

very true!! amazing artical!! you are such a talented writer! im not giving up! far from it, because call me crazy, but i predict that delena is only going to get MORE EPIC AND AMAZING from here on out!! OUR TIME IS COMING!!! she chose stefan now, which can only mean MORE delena DEVELOPMENT is on the way people!!! we will have our victory day in end!!!! and as for damon compelling elena to foreget him??? well that's damon for you!, selfless to the very end!! remember friends, just because she chose "holyboy" doesn't mean it's the end for delena, if anything it's only the biginning!!! hehe

DELENA FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!

So true!

All the S3 finale did for me was confirm Elena and Damon are meant to be.

Elena: What do I want?
Damon: A love that consumes you.
Elena: When I'm with Damon it consumes me.
Elena: What do you want?
Damon: I want you to get everything you're looking for

Nuff said.

I have never felt so positive about DE <3 My heart made a jump when it was revealed Elena met Damon first and when he compelled her I bursted out into tears. Damon&Elena for ENDGAME! :')

OTHjovana said:
I couldn't agree more! I'm very positive about the rest of the show for DE. :)

mistrz922 said:
One of the twists we didn’t see coming — conveniently after Elena said maybe her choice would have been different if she’d met Damon first — was that Damon HAD actually met her first on the night of her parents’ crash, but he compelled her to forget because he didn’t want anyone else to know he was in town.
Damon now has a small collection of things that he’s compelled her to forget. If there’s one thing that everyone knows about our vampire rules it’s that when you die and are in transition, your memories start to come back. So, there’s some new information that will be introduced to Elena in the first episode of next season. I think it’s just all part of the ongoing friendship and romantic entanglement that Elena has with Damon. She’s never gonna be able to shake it completely, and new information is only gonna get under her skin and embed itself into her even more. And so, it will cause complications with Stefan, of course. But she’s committed to Stefan. She loves Stefan. We’ll get to actually see them be together for a little while.

so tell me now - how can you give up?????

RLjustice said:
Thank u I was wondering where all the loyal DE fans were. I was so sad she picked Stefan but when I found out she met Damon first I was like hell ya. And now as a vampire she will remember everything booya.

eve_k, wonderful article! Agree with everything you said! Right now, after the year she's had, Elena is like a child who needs a comfort blanket. Stefan is that comfort blanket she thinks she needs. I think she does feel that she 'owes' him. I mean, yes she loves him and all, but her choice was made out of a sense of duty and responsibility as well. I think she feels guilty that she loves Damon - especially after saying so many times that it will always be Stefan. Choosing Stefan is a habit, but she feels comfortable and safe with that. Damon is the wild, all-consuming fire in her heart, and that is why she had to let him go. She didn't want to, but she 'had' to. And I think next season will be about her trying to let him go but failing and realising how much she needs and loves him.
The flashback scene was so amazing, because it just foreshadows that DE are meant to be. It's why the crow hits the windshield when Elena challenges Bonnie to predict something about her and why Bonnie saw Damon when she touched Elena in the pilot. I love that DE met first but I don't see that as an argument for endgame in itself - although there's no denying that when Elena says 'Maybe if you and I had met first...' doesn't have huge implications. I just love that when they met, Damon saw Elena at her truest self, and she saw him when his defences were down. I love that their connection was instant and even in that brief conversation and moment, he knew exactly what it was she was looking for - without knowing anything about her apart from her name. And the parallels between Elena telling Matt that being with Damon 'consumes' her, and Damon telling her she wants a love that consumes her and hoping she would find what she was looking for COULDN'T have been any better. I think it's sad that so many DE fans say they are 'giving up', but I think they just need time. In a few months, most of them will come back, and the ones who don't weren't the real deal anyway, in which case, we are better off without them. Elena may have chosen Stefan 'for now' but SE'ers victory is short-lived. I think that it probably isn't even worth very much after the flashback, if it's worth having at all. Not to mention that in S4 Elena will be a vampire and remember everything Damon compelled her to forget.

eve_k said:
Thank all of you guys for reading and leaving feedback!!I really think that we should stay positive!!It is the time to remain positive!!We are the fandom that survived the Jeremy neck snapping incident,we are going to quit now???when we are closer than we think??I won't and I am glad you won't too!!!!!!!

STEFIdi said:
Stefan is her "RIGHT NOW" BUT DAMON IS HER "ALWAYS".I WON'T GIVE UP ON DELENA!Delena CONSUMES ME!Great article!

Melisey said:
Wonderful article. Yes I agree Stefan was her right now and Damon is her always. She also chose Stefan as a safe choice, without having all the facts. So she didn't really choose. This episode more than anything made me sure that they are the ones that belong together. Elena is just young and made the wrong choice. But now that she knows everything, she'll probably choose the one that consumes her, and not just the one who made her feel safe.

great article <3

ivybelle said:
i love your article!!! amazing and so true!

jendelena said:
Very true. Amazing article

Nutika said:
I would never give up on Delena. And your article showed me what I actualy knew somewhere in my hearth. That it's not right now for Delena but will be :)
Amazing article!!

I will always hold out hope for Delena, because I know that in the end she will choose him. Once she shakes the whole "saftey" thing and realizes shes strong w/out Stefan, and that shes ready for that love that consumes her, the passion, adventure, and the little bit of danger that only Damon can give to her. Shes at a point right now where she needs the safety net, but she'll eventually get over needing Stefan. Sooo, DELENA FOREVER!!!

paupaug said:
Great article, you've made so many good points. "They can't even use the "It's you and I Stefan.Always." It acually is "It's you and I Stefan.For now."" : totally, when Damon told her "It's always gonna be Stefan", she contradict him and said "I can't think about always". SE for now, DE forever.