Dark-Hunters Warning: Sherrilyn Kenyon Hacker

Katreader posted on May 13, 2009 at 01:38PM
I received the following e-mail from Sherrilyn Kenyon and staff:
Hi everyone,

I can't believe I have to write this, but it is imperative that I let all of you know ASAP that some of our business and my personal accounts have been hacked and we have someone out there posting as me and impersonating both me and my staff. I don't know what their intent is, but we can only assume since they've locked us out of the accounts that the intentions are malicious. Please note and remember that neither me nor my staff have access to these accounts and in the case of the emails, we haven't been able to access two of them in months so if you received or do receive a post from them, they are from the hostile unknown party who is impersonating us.

Please help me spread the word as I don't want anyone to mistake the hostile unknown party for us. Such as last night, Sara that email you spoke of was NOT from Carl. I checked with him this morning and he said he wouldn't have answered it without talking to me. Likewise we've had several other questionable emails in the past couple of weeks.

The accounts we're locked out of completely are:

TWITTER
sherrilynkenyon
askrissimi

kenyonstaff@gmail.com
dhminion@gmail.com

Anyone using those accounts above are acting illegally and are impersonating us.

The following accounts below have been compromised, but we have been changing the passwords and we believe that they are now safe again. However, if you have received an odd or hostile response from one of these, please let us know ASAP. We also believe the hostile party has been in the MightyBarnacle.com store and has deleted orders. If you have an order you placed that you did not receive please let Erin know ASAP at ottocarve@gmail.com Again this person seems to have been in almost all of our accounts and we are taking steps to stop it. Again, please help us spread the word and if you have any question about any post or email, don't hesitate to contact us at one of the following:

mbstaff@gmail.com
ottocarve@gmail.com
officialdh@gmail.com
dhcarl@charter.net
mightybarnacle@charter.net
sherrilynkenyon@charter.net
Also the bbs accounts for Tina, Erin, Carl and even me were compromised, as well as MySpace and Facebook.

Twitter accounts that are currently ours:
acheronp (I am posting under this one for the time being)
dhjaden
surfsav
_sanctuary
nickgautier
dhbooks
dhstryker
amazonsamia

Those are the ONLY dh twitter accounts that belong to us. Please help us to let everyone know that there is a Sherrilyn Kenyon and staff impersonator out there. As I said, we don't know their intent, but for someone to go to this kind of effort, we can only assume it's for malicious and damaging purposes.

Hugs!

Dark-Hunters No replies