Shadow and Diamond went so far that they crossed the border and arrived in a forest. Without thinking (especially without asking the opinion of Diamond), Shadow entered the forest, still holding the hand of Diamond. They came to a cliff preceded by a clearing. They hid behind a bush. Diamond whispered
- Hey! Hey, Shadow!
- What do you want me again?
- First, coward my hand, after you can make your comments!
Shadow looked at his hand and saw that he held her still. He dropped her hand abruptly and blushed a bit. Diamond said:
- Now that that's settled, you can tell me why did you do that?
- I went not pull you by the ears, although I would not have displeased ...
- But I'm not talking about the fact that you are to me held her hand, little penguin, is the fact that thou art saved!
- Well yeah, you've left many plan when Vampires are here! So why you saved me when Klood would bite me?
- First, it's not Klood, is Blood, idiot! Second, I have no plan to leave, I just ... let you get by yourself! Third, I haven't saved! I just ... wanted to punish the Vampires in not letting them drink blood, that's all!