So as the title states, I recently started a countdown to see what Fanpop thinks is the Best DP Ending, and to be honest, I am shocked that some made it as far as it did and etc. For the countdown, I practically considered everything that happened right after the Villain's passing or defeat.
11. Tangled Ending (Rapunzel reunites with parents, Corona have a jam in the kingdom)
Practically, the overall consensus of this ending was that Flynn's dialogue of him getting drunk and them waiting YEARS AND MONTHS and such ruined it. They also thought that the flying cupid and such ruined the ending with Rapunzel reuniting with her parents to a lot of people
- The comments made by Rider in the end and that flying druken fool... Ruins the entire ending for me... (PrueFever)
- The reuniting was beautiful and touching, but I'd have to go with PrueFever. (MalloMar)
10. Aladdin Ending (Sultan breaks law, fly away in fancy clothes)
A lot of people actually said that the ending was pretty nice, with the Sultan changing the law, and Al and Jas flying on the carpet to do who knows what, but the last 5 seconds completely ruined it; Genie showing up on the moon and saying "Made you look". A lot thought it was unnecessary, and it is like Genie's magic is warring off as the years go by.
- The Genie ruins the romance of this ending. The writers are evil for putting that in (Flutey_Girl96)
- Too bad Aladdin has to leave though, I don't like how Genie was the moon but I let it slide because it was pretty magical and I just loved the chemistry between Aladdin & Genie. (dimitri_)
- This one and Mulan's are definitely the worst, as they are ruined by impromptu sidekick appearances, so I think Rapunzel's should have been at least above them. I just chose Aladdin's because I like Mulan's ending right before Mushu pops in. (MacytheStrange)
9. Mulan Ending (Shang stays for dinner, Murphy sings)
This got voted off for practically the same reason Aladdin did; Mushu. A lot agreed that it was nice that Mulan brought honor back to her father and Shang staying for dinner, but when Murphy burst out "Dance Party" and starting singing, it was a slap in the face. Mushu's effect is warring off as the years go by as well, and this is an example of "fun" killing the mood.
- Stupid dance party ruined it. (MaidofOrleans)
- Chikens (rhythmicmagic)
- Seemed abrupt and a little random, as if they said, "Everything's all settled. Um, dance party?" (MaloMar)
- This is still here? It's funny but that's it; the other endings are far more impactful. (Mongoose09)
8. Brave Ending ((Merida and Elinor makes tapestry, ride off on horses, BFF)
To put it bluntly, most people remembered little to nothing about the ending, and that kind of applies for me. Nothing else to say....
- It was unmemorable (LibelluleBleu)
- Boring (Beautiful_Tiana)
- I don't remember it at all. (princecatcher93)
7.The Little Mermaid Ending (Ariel kisses Eric, Wedding)
The people who chose this thought hat it should have left earlier. They did not like that there was barely any resolution to the Triton-Ariel angle, and it automatically skips to her wedding. It was not impressive in any way to some, and found it to be rushed.
- It was sort of quick and not even that pretty scenery-wise, like BatB or Pocahontas. Nothing gets resolution. (MacytheStrange)
- It's too common. Oh the prince saves her and they marry and EVERYONE is happy!!!! (Robin_Love)
6. Cinderella Ending (Wedding)
The biggest issue people had with this ending is that it was rushed, left loose ends (ala the Tremaines), and it was boring
- Ehh, a bit boring and we don't find out about the Tremaines (dclairmont)
- I just like the others more, and it leaves too many loose ends. (MaidofOrleans)
- There's just nothing really to it (rhythmicmagic)
- Snow's ending is classic, and the rest of the endings are lovely, but this one has the same problems as The Little Mermaid. (MacytheStrange)
5. Beauty and the Beast Ending (Curse is lifted, dance in ball)
With this ending, it was not that it was bad, but they felt like the others were the best out of the 5 good ones that remained. They thought it was beautiful, but was a bit rushed (which it actually was when it was in production), liked the others more, and even accused it of ripping off Sleeping Beauty's ending.
- The choir singing while it shows the stained glass is nice, but overall is the most boring of them all, and totally stole the couple-dancing-into-their-happily-ever--after thing from Sleeping Beauty. (AudreyFreak)
- To me kind of came out of nowhere. Gaston just died and like that everything is alright, unlike the other ends (princecarcher93)
- It's a beautiful ending, but it feels rushed (FluteyGirl_96)
- It kills me to vote out my favorite movie's ending, but I have to admit that I like the others more. (MaidofOrleans)
4. Sleeping Beauty Ending (Phillip kisses Aurora, reunite with family, dance)
People voted fr this because they felt like it was extremely unsatisfying in every sense; She barely acknowledges her parents before she dances with Phillip for who knows how long, and others thought it was meander and boring altogether.
- Aw, come on. It's still here??? Shoo shoo, I've been voting for this for ages!!!! (LightningRed)
- ^Yeah! Same here! The ending ain't bright at all. Ain't special. Aurora just hugged to her mother, she lives 16 years without knowing Queen Leah but instantly hug her and just turned away to kiss her going-to-be father-in-law, and then dance with her true love. What about daddy??? Besides the argument of Flora and Merryweather is very annoying! After that dance amid clouds? What's that? Dream or magic from the fairies? (3xZ)
- I'm sorry, this ending bores me.(disneygirl7)
- It seems to just kind of meander (rhythmicmagic)
3. The Princess and the Frog Ending (Tiana and Naveen marry, reataurant is built)
The people that voted for this had quite some things to say for the ending. They said that it had like 3 endings, it was too long, and disjointed, which it actually kind of is; Facilier's death is 10-12 minutes before the film actually ends. Some just flat out said it did not compare to the other 2.
- I do love this ending very much, though it doesn't compare with the other two. Too disjointed (dclairmont)
- This one and Snow White's both have problems, I don't get why they made it this far. Snow Whites ending makes you very full of joy, though, so I guess this one can go next. (MacytheStrange)
- I'm sorry, but if Snow White doesn't just make you happy inside, YOU HAVE NO SOUL
Anyway, just not as good as the others (rhythmicmagic)
- Simply cannot compare (SarahCorine)
- It doesn't compare with the other 2. (dimitri_)
2. Snow White Ending (Funeral, Prince kisses Snow, they leave)
Well, most people agreed that this ending left you a good feeling in your veins and stomach, but it ultimately got stuck as second best. People said about this ending that it was dragged out, predictable, and did not compare to Pocahontas, though it is nice in it's own way. Some said that they had no other choice and choosing between 2 goods.
- as much as I was disappointed by Pocahontas and John Smith not living happily ever after like SW and her prince, I can't stand how predictable and sappy and cliched SW's ending is. At least the ending of Pocahontas was unexpected. (retrolove83)
- It's nice and all, but it's completely bland compared to Pocahontas' ending. (MacytheStrange)
- Pocahontas's ending is really touching and heart-breaking, with the amazing score. (3xZ)
1. Pocahontas Ending (John leaves)
Only 2 out of the commenters in the round voted against Pocahontas. A lot said that the final 2 were their favorite endings, but chose this one because it is sad, unlike ALL of the other Disney endings. While the negative ending did not do anything against it winning the countdown, as MANY liked the music and animation, and felt that everything came out perfectly at the ending (which most do not say about everything else in the movie).
- I'm so happy about the top 2!
Both endings are pure beauty, and bittersweet. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is possibly my favorite Disney ending ever. (MalloMar)
-My top two. But I love Snow White's because it ended happy. While Pocahontas makes me cry (princecatcher93)
So comment on how you felt about the countdown, placings, and the endings themselves. I am going to start the Best Opening Countdown like...... a minute. Thanks for everyone who participated.