When I comment on one pick and other fans wonder why I say so, it inspires me to make an article to explain more in the best way. I find a lot similarities of Elsa with Periwinkle (Secret of the Wings), Ralph and Vanellope (Wreck-it Ralph), Zarina (The Pirate Fairy), and Maleficent (Maleficent).
Similarities between Periwinkle & Elsa:
John Lasseter's Blue and Spikey "White" Hair
- Both have ice power
- Both ice are spreading quickly like fire (okay, not definitely Periwinkle's ice but ice from Periwinkle's place)
- Both have white hairs, or whatever platinum blonde which looks like white after coming out
- Both have curly, spiky hair bangs/fringes
- Both have sister which for very long time being separated but after they unites, they are inseparable
- Both have sister who's the cheery and green one.
- Both are quieter than their sisters
- Both are not the protagonist of the movie but having important role
- Both wears "John Lasseter's light blue" dress
- Tinker Bell's wings are broken because of ice from Periwinkle's place, just like Anna's heart is frozen because of Elsa's ice
- Both have sisterly act which cure Anna and Tinker Bell
Similarities between Ralph & Elsa:
- Both are misunderstood "villain" just like what Jennifer Lee, the screenwriter of both movies, has stated.
- Both runs away from home after making mess at their home
- Both are chased by good, trusting person (Fix-it Felix and Anna) to return home and prevent bigger problem (eternal winter in Arendelle or closed game). And Kristoff will be like Calhoun who are rough but kind.
- Ralph "spread" the cy-bugs to Sugar Rush and Elsa "spread" the ice to Arendelle
- Both, when returning home, feel bad after the mess they make
Similarities between Vanellope & Elsa:
Monster vs. Glitch
- Both are outcast: Vanellope is called a "glitch" and Elsa is called a "monster"
- Both has "uncontrolled" power. They say "keep it in control" but in the end, they master it and don't want to "let it go"
- Both has power at first being thought bad, but actually their power has beauty and make them unique
- Both are the ruler of the place they live: President Vanellope von Schweetz and Queen Elsa
Similarities between Zarina & Elsa:
Coming out in new appearance
- Both have special talent but being misunderstood
- Both run away after bad things happen because of their "special talent"
- Both change into "be who I am" as Zarina wears sexier pirate dress, curly, boomed hair and Elsa into sexy light blue dress with new braided hair. Their make-ups are thicker too after they run away.
- Both send away their friends/sister when their good friends/sister want to bring them back.
- Zarina says: "I'll never go back to Pixie Hollow." while Elsa sings: "I'm never going back".
- Zarina says: "Now I can finally figure out everything pixie dust is capable of
!" while Elsa says "I never knew what I was capable of
- Zarina says: "You saved me?" in the same way like Elsa says, "You sacrifice yourself for me?"
- Both, after returning home, are easily and quickly forgiven and accepted by the crowds. Even they are adored.
Similarities between Maleficent & Elsa:
Queen of Arendelle and Queen of Moors
- Both are the "true love" of the princess. Though Anna's act of true love is the one that saves her life, still she does it to Elsa
Kristoff's love seem "useless" and so is Prince Phillip's love
- Both are misunderstood villain again
- Both are queen
- Diaval and Marshmallow are quite alike
PS: Don't think similarities make a character bad. ^_^