First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to all Disney Princess fans who have participated in this countdown. Enjoy!
I included every romantic time of the princesses. Mulan was not included because she never spent romantic time with Shang in the movie.
30. Fixing together
Tiana and Naveen spent time together fixing the old sugar mill for the place of their restaurant. Making their dream come true...
- "Bleh, that's the man's job. :P" - nevermind606
- "Sounds more like hard freaking work than romantic fun." - DreamyGal
But SG1-090 had a different opinion:
"Aw I'd like to fix a place up together!
Probably my favourite on the list. When they finish they'll have this beautiful place that they made together."
29. Dancing in front of your parents and crowds
Aurora and Phillip showed their love and celebrated their victory over the evil Maleficent by dancing in front of the whole kingdom (and their parents too).
- "I dont want to dance in front of my parents.... "- princesslullaby
28. Carried by your sweetheart
After waking up Snow White, the Prince carried her to his horse. Saying good-bye to the dwarfs, they went to his castle and live happily ever after.
- "my prince wouldn't be able to carry me, I'm sure....." - nanastarr
- It just seems like a strange way to spend time with someone
"Hi, I'm ready for our date"
"So what are we doing, dinner and a movie?"
"Nope, I'm gonna pick you up and carry you around for a while"
"..." - Asvini
27. Spending time in a big library
Belle loved reading. And the Beast demonstrated that he loved Belle by giving her what she liked most: books!
- "^ LOL I could totally imagine myself being lost in a pile of books on one of those libraries :p I wouldn't want to spend it with my boyfriend though, 'cause I then I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my reading :p" - Athiya
26. Feeding birds
Belle discovered Beast's warm heart when she taught him to be gentle to animals. Especially birds!
- "birds give me the f-ing creeps...they seem dirty or somethin." - DreamyGal
- "as if pigeons are SO romantic" - princesslullaby
25. Eating special breakfast
Belle and Beast were now friends. Beast tried to make a good impression by using the spoon to eat. And Belle tolerated Beast's manners by sipping the food off the bowl!
- "Only b/c I am NOT a morning person. On my days off I sleep in waaaay past breakfast ;)" - DreamyGal
- "Well I never eat breakfast anyways so I guess this one." - princess829
24. Dancing in a crowded ballroom
The Prince found the girl who stole his heart and invited her to dance among the ball attendants!
- "I'd prefer something more private than this." - disneyprince
- "I wouldn't want this..." - AllegroGiocoso
23. Dancing in a crowded ballroom in day
Belle and Beast were now happily together. They laughed and kissed and danced!
- "Not in the daytime" - Tigressfan10689
22. Buying things in a marketplace
Aladdin first met Jasmine in the marketplace. He had never seen such a beautiful girl before! Her hair, her eyes, her smile... WOW!!!
- "Only if he pays" - cromulanfav
- "I have literally been voting for this since round 1." - Mongoose09
21. Singing and dancing on a stage
Dreams do come true in New Orleans... Tiana's dream of having a restaurant was realized. And so was Naveen's dream of always singing and dancing!
- "Singing and dancing on stage would feel like a performance not a date. How could you do anything romantic on stage with an audience? I'd be embarrassed :)" - Asvini
- "i would be embarrassed too" - peteandco
20. A tour in the forest
Pocahontas took John Smith around to show the beauty of her land. She taught him to respect nature. And they grew more in love in the tour. Pity John failed to kiss her...
- "And over here, we have a birch tree," just isn't very exciting to me. - princesslullaby
19. Listening to your love's song
The Prince heard Snow White's song in the well and got attracted to her. And he gave One Song to her in return, explaining about his love for her...
- "That'd be so awkward. :S" - Straggy
- "Since his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. But I love him, no matter his horrible voice." - hrrypttrfn328
firegirl1515's different opinion:
"Listening to your love's song is SO romantic! I would love it."
18. Playing hide-and-seek
Belle threw a naughty shot at Beast and then hid behind a tree so that he couldn’t take a revenge on her!
- "Hide and seek is for babies!" - Tigressfan10689
- "It's not romantic..." - Morgan-800
17. Throwing snowballs game
Belle teased Beast because he looked silly (or cute) with birds. She hit him with a snow ball, and he couldn't get even with her!
- "I always get pelted :'(" - AllegroGiocoso
- "I hate being cold!" - kenzieiscool
percyandpotter could see the fun of it:
"hey, what's wrong with snowball fights?"
16. Reading a book near fireplace
Belle and Beast returned from the cold outside to warm inside. They cozily sat beside each other and read books together...
- "this seems like a solo activity" - Gleek4ever
15. Dinner in a hotel
It's actually a palace, but in real life it can be likened unto a hotel. Belle and Beast had dinner first before they danced. And there was music too!
- "Eh, in a hotel it's not that romantic IMO" - NCISLuverjk93
But Mongoose09 liked it:
"I'd like to have dinner in a hotel.."
14. Dancing on the roof
After the excitement in the restaurant, Tiana and Naveen found time to be alone on the roof. They could see Ray and Evangeline!
- "Anyway, depending on roof, you really don't have a lot of dancing space. Plus i'm not a good dancer anyway." - VGfan30
- "Again, people seem to enjoy the fear that you might fall to your death." - Mongoose09
But TigerRanma wasn't afraid:
"Haha... I think I'd be scared only if it was a slanty roof. If it was a flat surface, I don't think I'd worry."
13. Dancing in a romantic bayou
Tiana and Naveen first fell in love with each other when they danced in the bayou. With Ray's song and Louis' trumpet, and the lights, who could resist?
- "Bayou's don't sound very romantic. They actually sound more icky and bug-infested to me." - hrrypttrfn328
- "As I've commented before, dancing IN the bayou?!! Gross and totally not all appealing! Bayou is a fancy word for swamp. I'll leave dancing in swamps to all the bugs and alligators...*shudders remembering Captain Hook's missing hand* LOL" - AnnaKay19
12. Having fun near a river
John told Pocahontas about his background. He introduced a compass to her. And Pocahontas told him the name of the river and many things else....
- "ugh, it's so vague, it could men virtually anything. and in my case, i'd probably fall in, which is not my definition of "fun"." - percyandpotter
11. Dancing only with your love in a forest
I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream...
Aurora's dream actually came true when she danced with Phillip in the forest.
- "...I don't see either one as all that romantic" - KataraLover
- "I can't dance for my life. Blegh. And forests are boring." - Straggy
10. Talking to your love in a balcony
Beast wanted to confess his love to Belle, but he didn't dare yet. Instead, he asked her if she was happy there. She said yes!
- "seriously, there's nothing special about this ~~" - pretty_angel92
9. Dancing just with your love in a bright ballroom
Belle and the Beast danced in their first ball. Belle looked gorgeous in her golden gown, and the Beast tidied himself in a blue and gold suit! Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast...
- "I'm not much of a dancer." - disney_prince
8. Dancing just with your love in a shadowy ballroom
Lumiere faded the candlelight. Now Belle and Beast could just about see each other's face...
- "Dancing in a ballroom with just two people seems a bit dull." - fireworks123
7. Dancing in a palace garden
The highest-ranked dancing is Cinderella's. She danced with her prince in the palace garden under the stars and touched the water in the fountain.
I said: "Want to be watched by royal guardians??? No!!!!!"
6. Kissing in a forest
When John agreed to talk to Powhatan, Pocahontas was overjoyed. She hugged him, and then he kissed her....
- "It's not that romantic. There's mosquitos and loud birds. Gross." - princesslullaby
5. Rowing a boat in a blue lagoon
Sebastian, Flounder, and Scuttle helped Ariel to get a kiss from Eric. They created a romantic mood in the blue lagoon.
- "i definitely wouldnt think of it being romantic if i was scratching the whole time. 1 word: mosquitos" - lepetitsouris
- "lagoons smell bad and there are tons of mosquitos ready to attack." - kenzieiscool
(Apparently the voters didn't like being outdoors because of mosquitoes. Hehe)
4. Eating in a restaurant at sunset
Ariel was dressed up now! She could use her charms to attract Eric. With the sunset background, will she look prettier?
- "Eating in a restaurant isn't anything special. Even at the sunset." - skypirate
3. A tour around the city
The next day, Eric took Ariel around the city. They drove horses, saw shows, danced in the city center, and bought breads.
- "It's just something you'd do with your friends.." - Mongoose09
- "^same, touring doesnt seem romantic to me :/" - lepetitsouris
2. An outdoor dinner on a ship
Naveen intended to propose to Tiana in a totally romantic way! He prepared a small table, small chairs, and minced fruits only for her! He even wore a butterfly tie.
- "Not my thing, I get seasick" - kenzieiscool
1. Traveling around the world
Aladdin disguised as Prince Ali to meet his love Jasmine. He took Jasmine to travel around the world with his magic carpet. Finally, they sat together on the roof in China, watching fireworks...
Why this choice won:
- "I think traveling around the world should win definatly" - KataraLover
- "Traveling the world just sounds so much fun so I'll pick it." - madisonsavanna
- "I'd love to travel around the world. Its literally one of the things I really want to do." - Mongoose09