Disney Princess Rate This Movie!

snsdlover4ever posted on Feb 24, 2014 at 05:34AM
Hi... I'm Jackie... *awkward moment*

I'm new here and I'd like to know about how people feel about this. So, I made this game. Here's how it works:

-I'll post a movie and you have to rate them like this: 9/10
- Afterwards, state your reasons why you gave it that rating.

It's pretty simple and self-explantory if I do say so myself. I just want to get a sense of how this club is. Thanks and have a nice day!
last edited on Feb 24, 2014 at 05:46AM

Disney Princess 28 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago snsdlover4ever said…
First movie: Frozen
My rating: 8/10
Reasons: It's a nice storyline, since this is like the only movie where the girl saves the other girl instead of the whole Prince-Charming-coming-to-save-the-day cliché. But, it's getting pretty annoying to hear "Let it Go" and "Do you wanna build a Snowman" everywhere I go.
last edited over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I'm sorry, but Merida saves her mother. She has no Prince Charming to save her. Same thing with Mulan. over a year ago
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
Hey, welcome to the club! For some reason, I was afraid you were going to start with Frozen. =/

My rating: 6/10
Reasons: While it's a good quality movie, there are many things I find lacking. I feel the plot is too simple, the characters underdeveloped, the animation good but not as detailed or advanced as Rapunzel (which came out way before it), and I don't even like CGI anyway. I feel Anna and Elsa are way too alike both appearance and personality (the same girl with different hair colors and one slightly more reserved than the other), despite the narrative and plot hinging on how supposedly opposite they are.

Lastly, I don't like how it deviates from and simplifies the message of the source material. It's true The Snow Queen is about how love can melt a frozen heart and how love brings out the best in people, but it also featured many different kinds of love for and from many different kinds of people. Adoptive brother/sister, granddaughter/grandmother, adoptive mother/child, intellectual love, platonic friendship, (ambiguous lesbian) girl/girl. Frozen features heteroromantic and sister/sister love. That's about it.

So, all in all, it's not to my taste. A little above average (hence 6/10, not 5/10) but that's it.
snsdlover4ever commented…
I wanted to because everyone still talks about it a lot, and are pretty much split on whether or not they love it or hate it. Plus, I just wanted to get it over with, since I never really want to talk about it again. over a year ago
Tygers_Eye commented…
That makes sense. I can see why you did it and I would likely do the same in your shoes, but still. over a year ago
over a year ago rigo1315 said…
6/10

I left the theater with mixed feelings about it. I liked it, but felt like something was missing.

I love "Let it Go" to me it's just another awesome Disney song that will forever be stuck in my head. Every other song aside from the opening song...Not so good. They're random the lyrics feel choppy it's as if Let it Go and the opening song are the only songs that were carefully planned out. That's what I think.

I love Elsa the most she is the most interesting character. Anna and Kristoff are great too.Hans I didn't see it coming I thought it was going to be a Pocahontas issue with Anna deciding between two guys.
Sven shouldn't have been dog-like its just.... weird.

I hate Olaf. He's just annoying and didn't help with the story at all. He does have some funny lines, but I would have actually been sad if he melted. It's mean, but he almost did nothing except be a comic-relief. He did start a fire to help save Anna, but that's not enough for me sorry....

Overall I still liked this movie, I'm a fan of it, I ship Jack Frost and Elsa and you know these fandoms are just so awesome they make and analyze some of the coolest aspects and create the most awesome Fan Stories ever. (ie Rapunzel)

Also,her is a youtube clip that analyzes the movie that perfectly matches my overall feelings.

(Watch if you want. If not it's okay. If you agree yes or not it's okay just an opinion)

Also, Welcome.

viktoriya773 commented…
Totally agree with these guys. They put everything I feel in to words. I should of edited the movie. I'll cry of their wins an Oscar, I dunno why it's so popular? over a year ago
over a year ago Silverrose1991 said…
6/10

It's a good, funny movie, but not as special as it is made to be, and it's not that feminist either. I heard the original The Snow Queen is a more feminist tale.

To be fair, being feminist or not has nothing to do with my ranking of the movie. I just think it's a good movie, but far from being Disney's best. The soundtrack is really overrated.

Maybe I'll elaborate in my reasonings after I rewatch the movie.
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
7/10

Frozen is a really good movie. Yes, it has plot holes, but a majority of movies do. I do like that it comes from a sister's point of view, having three sisters myself. It was an expected ending though. I love all the characters, but just simply like Elsa. The humor was a bit off, but again, it is a well thought out movie.

Frozen soundtrack was really nice. No, it's not my favorite, but it has more Disney magic to it than Tangled and Brave does. (though I prefer both the movies over Frozen) I have grown on Let it Go. My two favorite songs of thee soundtrack are "For the First Time in Forever" and "Love is an Open Door" They are overshadowed by "Let it Go" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" Honestly, I can't remember any of the other songs tunes or lyrics, so yeah.
over a year ago shanyuisboss said…
My rating: 6/10

The movie was very good, don't get me wrong, though it did have a lot of problems. I'll start with the negatives:

The plot was too simple. It has a lot of very good sisterly themes, but the plot as a whole is kind of rushed and boring. Elsa casts an eternal winter on Arendelle at her coronation, the first time she steps out of her room and her sister Princess Anna has to go on a "journey" to find her. How well thought out was that?

I mean, the themes were great with the way they played out in the story, but themes don't change the plot itself. Besides, the "journey" wasn't even a journey. It only lasted like ten minutes (to us not to them) and Disney thought they could pull it off by just packing the "journey" with unnecassary humor for everyone to focus on so they ignore the fact that the plot was really nothing. A journey would be something like Anastasia or The Black Cauldron or even 101 Dalmations. Frozen barely gave us the journey they promised us and kind of rushed the movie.

The songs were very oddly spaced out. You get a ton at the begining of the movie and then they just all kind of fade. You keep getting the feeling like "they are singing again!" A lot of the songs were very pointless and the only memorable ones were DYWBAS, Let it go, and FTFTIF but that's it.

They didn't have any memorable signature score played out through the movie like the renassiance films. I would have loved the DYWBAS or FTFTIF or even Let it go theme to be played through the movie and make it more memorable, then finish it off with a DYWBAS reprise. That would have been such a beautiful ending, but no, they didn't.

The humor was like we all know very forced. I felt like it was too modernish and forced. I know they wanted it to appeal to a modern audience, but they forced the humor. It was too much (like another user said) like "That's funny! You have to laugh right here!" The trolls were very unnecassary and Olaf got in the way of MANY scenes with his humor.

Also, nobody would still act all silly and stupid the way Anna did when they find out something like that. I mean seriously! Her kingdom is in danger and her sister has ice powers and she is acting all cool with it and normal? NOBODY would react the way Anna did! Even Snow White wouldn't act like that. She would be optimistic, but she would take things seriously and try doing something about it but at the same time keep it cool.

While at the same time, the movie a few memorable songs, very memorable characters (although a lot of them are unoriginal), gorgeous animation, amazing themes, conflicted characters, and a very interesting and likeable movie overall despite the flaws.
shanyuisboss commented…
Also, Hans is AMAZING, and for negatives I felt like the songs didn't have very good transitions. over a year ago
Should we move on to the next movie?
^That would be good. I sugest Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, since it's the oldest Disney movie and we just rated the last.
Next movie: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (I took your suggestion)
Rating: 9/10
Reason: It will forever be a Disney Classic for me. I just feel like there was something missing in the movie. I don't know what in the world that is, but I feel like there was.
Rating: 10/10

No, it isn't a perfect movie. I never found a Disney movie that I think it's perfect. But it's close to that, and deserve a ten in my opinion. The animation is gorgeous, and so advanced for the time. Nice use of the colors and they use some simple, yet clever tricks, like: the trees that are just actually drawings shown one after another, how the Evil Queen is always looking to the audience, etc.

It has one of the best Disney soundtracks IMO, and the songs are beyond catchy. The strongest point, however, is the cast of characters: they are all very memorable. Who doesn't know Snow White, the Witch or at least one of the dwarfs?

The plot is simple, but compelling too. I always wonder what is the true secret of this movie: what makes it so timeless, like in an ageless sleep? I don't really know, I can only guess.

Besides, it always leaves me in high-spirits after I watch it.
6/10
*hides from Gus* XD

It is a simple plot, not that I expect a complex plot coming from the '30s. I love Snow White, like the Prince, and tolerate Grumpy and the Evil Queen. I am not to the liking of any of he others dwarfs or I am neutral toward them. I don't like the animation. The colors are nice, but it's a choppy and bit dull style. I do love the music though. That's all I have to say..
Silverrose1991 commented…
*Kills* I find it hard to dislike this movie. over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I feel the same way about my favorite movie, Pocahontas. XD ^^ over a year ago
^Tbh, I like that movie, but it has some seriously disastrous pacing problems. over a year ago
6/10

It's too cutesy and too simple and kind of boring. Well no, actually it is very amusing watching Snow White and the dwarfs, but it isn't one of those movies that anyone young and old can take seriously. It's just kind of on the cutesy side and isn't a movie that keeps you at the edge of your seat. Another thing, it's not something that people from any time can enjoy. I don't blame the creators for this of course, but Frozen had the same problem. It was too modern, while this is too old fashioned. The Prince is a plot device and is not developed, the Queen is great but she is not unique at all and is undereveloped, Snow White is (although I really like her) a not really likeable character, and the movie can be found to be very annoying.

While I do think it is just a fun classic that brings so much Disney nostolgia to everyone's heart.
I don't think it's too cutesy. A lot of people think that, but when you really think about it, the movie is quite dark. It's perhaps the darkest DP movie. This one, Sleeping Beauty or Mulan. And why Snow White isn't a very likeable character? I'm curious. over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
^She is found to be very annoying with the way she is always too happy and cheerful all the time. And about the dark thing, they have dark concepts and themes, but watching the movie as a whole you think of it as just a cute fairytale. over a year ago
^Yeah. I know. Haha. I was trying to find a better word, but I went out with this one. over a year ago
Next Movie: The Little Mermaid
Rating: 8/10
Reasons: I used to love this movie when I was 4, but now I can't take it that seriously anymore. Plus, Ariel is in a shell bra. Why would they design her outfit like that in a kids movie?
It would look quite ridiculous if she wore a shirt. And a bra is better than no bra or a seashell in each breast. over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
^ Yeah... over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
She doesn't have to wear a shirt. She could just wear more of a crop top type of shirt. At least like the outfits winx club wear. over a year ago
Rating: 9/10

This movie is amazing! It has great music and a stellar cast of characters. However, I would have liked if they had handed Ariel's apology better and her deal with Ursula. It bothered me that the only arguments Ursula used were about Eric. Ariel wanted to be human long before that.
over a year ago disneygirl7 said…
8/10
I love this movie so much! I love the characters and the music and animation. The only thing I would change is if the plot felt a little less rushed. It was good, but at certain times felt a little rushed.
9/10 For Snow White Not the full 10 because she is still that stereotype of damsel in distress. I still love the movie and I'm surprised by Snow's courage and strength. Both Snow's Parents died and she was tossed into a S^$&&* environment by her Step Mom and yet she remained Sweet kind and gentle and that she didn't change.

11/10 Oh my god I love this Just yes!!! Everything Everything.
Ariel does seem to be a spoiled brat and whines that she can't be more, but I mean really she lives under the sea with her fishy friends in her fish palace with her mermaid sisters with mermaid people with a mermaid dad who's a king with magic. I wouldn't complain, but I enjoy her Curiosity It's what I really admire about Ariel she loves to learn.

Ursula sings one of my favorite Villain songs "Poor Unfortunate Souls" Ugh I love it!

I also love how Prince Eric fell in love with Ariel. Not by her voice not by her looks he actually learned to like her. In the scene before he was manipulated by Ursula. Eric finally gave up his dream of ever finding that mystery girl and was ready to see if these feelings for this Mute Girl was real. It's short hardly any dialogue and Eric can still be seen as "Just married her for her voice/body" type of guy, but seeing that scene over again I really learned to like him as a character
Next Movie: Aladdin
Rating: 10/10
Reasons: I love this movie! The characters are very interesting, and the songs were amazing. I remember just watching it on repeat for a month and never got tired of it. That's how much I loved it!
over a year ago cuteasprincie said…
9/10

Reasons -Aladdin!
Rating: 7/10

Full of plotholes, but a nice movie overall. Jasmine is one of my favorite princesses. Cool cast of characters. The music is kind of mediocre though, and the score is unmemorable. It could do without the Genie's pop culture jokes of the past century.
8/10

Although it's a great movie, the racism is just really annoying, the belly dancers are a really unnecassary thing to add in the movie, Genie is really funny but towards the end of the movie his humor just wears off, though overall it is a very memorable classic and very fun to watch. It has great characters, a terrible but memorable villain, great songs, nice animation, it's a very fun movie
Next Movie: Sleeping Beauty
Reasons: I honestly don't see anything special in this movie, since it's just like any other DP movie out there. Maleficent turning into a dragon and battling Prince Phillip was cool, but other than that, there's nothing that stands out to me.
Rating:9/10

This movie is amazing! It has gorgeous animation and Tchaikovsky's music! I love all the characters except that annoying drunk valent, and it's well-paced. The voice-acting is great, too.

I just wish they had shown more of Aurora. She was great and really interesting in the small screentime she has, but they could show her deciding to obey the fairies and accept her duty as a princess, instead of just crying. It would be interesting to see her leave the cottage and Briar Rose behind.
over a year ago dclairmont said…
My Opinions On The Movies So Far (sorry, but I'm too lazy to give reasons..)

Frozen: 9/10
SWatSD: 10/10
TLM: 5/10
Aladdin: 6/10
Sleeping Beauty: 10/10
rigo1315 commented…
XD over a year ago
Aladdin 8/10 I liked it that's it.

Sleeping Beauty 8/10 Love the art love the characters. Sleeping Beauty is so different to the other Princess movies. Using purely Tchaikovsky music which is different and the design.
8/10

Sleeping Beauty is no doubt my favorite movie of the Classic Era. <3 It has the timeless and magical feel. The music, (most of) the characters, the animation was great!

The only problems I see are Aurora's lack of screentime, Phillip's character, and Maleficent (though I am warming up to her again)
Next Movie: Mulan (1st & 2nd)
Rating: 10/10 (for each)

My least favorite DP movie. I like it, but it's kind of boring and magic-less. War doesn't really interest me.
viktoriya773 commented…
That's a pretty high rating for your least fave movie over a year ago
^Like I said, I like all the movies. over a year ago
8/10 For the first.

6/10 for the second. I enjoyed it, but I hate the animation. It felt like the animation wasn't given enough thought or detail as the the first which disappointed me.

And I wish there was more Mulan. The second dealt more with Mushu losing his pedestal, and the bonding of the 3 warriors and 3 princess. (NITPICKING: I also got confused as to why there were some North American animals in China. Really were they not thinking!!??)

I still love the sequel because like all sequels good or bad they continue to give more life to our characters.