Disney Princess The Many Faces of Belle: Why does she look different in every scene?

dweeb posted on May 01, 2010 at 09:15PM
As most of you know, there is a lot of talk that Belle is inconsistently drawn throughout her movie...meaning her facial structure changes and she looks slightly different from scene to scene. This is because there's more than one animator to work on each character's scenes or it would take too log, meaning each animator might have had a slightly different take on what they wanted Belle to look like. An example of a consistently drawn princess is Pocahontas, whose design alters very little if at all throughout her movie. Here's a collage of Belle throughout the film. Each picture is numbered. Comment which pictures you find the prettiest and what face you wish Belle had for the entire film.

link
As most of you know, there is a lot of talk that Belle is inconsistently drawn throughout her movie..
save

Disney Princess 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago KataraLover said…
I guss 17
over a year ago dweeb said…
My prettiest ones are: 19, 4, 23, 35, 42, 45, 40, 46, 53
over a year ago queenbee13 said…
4, 35, 37, and 52 are my favs.

Wow, Belle really is inconsistent, it's easier to notice now with all her close-ins together.
over a year ago cromulanfav said…
Wow, they are so different when you put them like that. I like 52 and 39
over a year ago firegirl1515 said…
I knew I wasn't crazy! She really IS inconsistent! Numbers 5, 7, and 37 are so different from all the others!

Anyways, my favorites are 19, 23, 25, 42, and 44.
over a year ago pretty_angel92 said…
my favorites are 2,23,35,45 and 48. i think belle is really plain.
and she looks ugly in 5, 7,16 and 43
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Mongoose09 said…
smile
She's so inconsistant!

My favourites are: 2, 16, 18, 23, 35 and 45 :)

She looks ugly (in my opinion) in: 5, 6, 7, 20, 25 and 50.

The one I would've most wanted her to look like throughout the movie are probably 2, 17, or 45 =)
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
I think she looks pretty in :

18, 19, 23, 37

she looks ugly in

5, 9, 25, and 33.

I'd want her to look consistently like: #37. or #19
over a year ago TotallyMe105 said…
My all time favorite is #2
over a year ago TigerRanma said…
I think I like 3, 19, 45, and 52 the best. Maybe 4.
over a year ago DreamyGal said…
I always thought her looks were inconsistant, but after seeing those pictures all I can say is WOW. My favorites are 1, 3, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 26, 35, 44, 48, and 53. But the BEST one to me, is # 34...this one below :) and BTW i LOVE the new icon dweeb!
I always thought her looks were inconsistant, but after seeing those pictures all I can say is WOW. M
over a year ago tiffany88 said…
She looks pretty in: 25 and 28
over a year ago ppv said…
smile
She is beautiful, she's very beautiful despite everything.
I don't think these faces are absolutely different.
I just don't like her look in 6,7,10,14,16. I call it that she's not photogenic.:)
over a year ago Ashley-Green said…
37, 19, and 2 are my favourites
over a year ago fhghu said…
smile
My favorite is 51. I wish she'd had that the entire film. :)
over a year ago Straggy said…
2, 8, 39 and 50 are my favourites. They'd be the best ones to have throughout the film. She looks less plain in those ones. 8 is my overall favourite because it has that exotic French sophistication to it.
over a year ago madisonsavanna said…
i like how she looks in 23 the best