Fanpop Suggestions and Ideas?

dave posted on Apr 09, 2007 at 10:57PM
Hey Everyone,

The guys and I thought it might be helpful to tap into the brilliant minds of our passionate community of users to make Fanpop a better place. Thank you all for all of your support so far, we really appreciate all the kind messages we've received and helpful feedback. Our goal is to make Fanpop the best place on the web to find content and community that you care about. I thought that maybe we could start a thread with ideas and suggestion on what you would like to see from Fanpop. I can't guarantee that we can implement all of them, but we always take our users suggestions very seriously. So feel free to post your thoughts here!

Dave
save

Fanpop 1101 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 76-100 of 1101

over a year ago Jonapello23 said…
I still think that the banner in the pro would be a good idea
over a year ago benji said…
We get the idea, you like the idea of a banner in your profile, the more you say it doesn't necesarilly mean it's any more likely to happen :P
over a year ago Sazza said…
you already can.
You can only add an icon, not a banner to your own profile.
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Are we glitching again? I can't upload images at the moment...
over a year ago Sazza said…
benji i wasn't talking about the banner, there was a comment before that has been deleted now saying you should be able to prop comments and that was me replying to say that you already could.

i have had a thought, what about a blog that is on our profiles.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
It would be cool if we could chat with each other on here, instead of messaging.
Can we please combine a few groups? Like all the zillion final Fantasy groups really should just be one over-all group instead of one for each version. there are many like that.

Gimme tools and I can help ;)
Also... We need to combine Holland and The Netherlands. That is redundant. Keep the name Netherlands, and the pictures and stuff from the Holland group ;)

(am I annoying you yet?)
Yeah like for The Office, there's a spot for almost every character. I understand if you're gonna make one for the actor, but if it's just for the character they portray then that can go in The Office spot. This is just my opinion people. Also I hate it when people try to make duplicate spots of the same thing by changing the title or spelling. That's so redundant like DrDevience said.
Yeah! What Kat said! HA!
How about in the "My Updates" spot you get updates on anything you've commented on/rated/voted on. It's annoying going back through my old comments just to see if anyone has replied ¬_¬
over a year ago dave said…
to alecia:
to mass delete messages just click on the check all link/button at the bottom of the list of messages then click delete checked! see, we sometimes think of stuff. :)
I still think people should know who made what spot, like put their icon with the name under the banner or something. Some of us work hard on our spots and deserve recognition. I'm not dropping this one, LOL!
over a year ago Temptasia said…
I was thinking about what I said earlier about having the picture of the person who created each spot on there, if we can't do that (which is a shame) I think there should be a section under activity that says spots created. That would be cool because people could see it and it would help us keep track of the spots we created. I was also thinking that there should be a little trophy at the top of your profile ( like the ones for invites and ratings) for when you write a soapbox that becomes a featured soapbox. Let me know what you think.
The reason why we don't show who created a spot is because then it would give people incentive to just create spots and cause a land grab. People will just create spots for the sake of creating spots. It will encourage the wrong behavior and users could start spots and abandon them. We would hate to see a bunch of spots created with no work and then other users doing all the work to build it up while that person gets undue credit. I hope you guys understand why we like spots to be owned by the community as a whole. Also, the way the medals work, a person who started a spot and adds good content from the very beginning is much more likely to get higher medals just because they're the first to add the best content. We really do appreciate all the work that people like kathiria and others put into making great new spots, but not everyone is as responsible and committed as kathiria. Everyone knows how awesome kathiria is because she has so many medals and ads great content. We would hate to see a bunch of lame spots being made just because they want to take credit for them. The trophy for featured soapbox is an interesting idea though!
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Yeah, I guess that does make sense. That is something I hadn't thought about. Now I understand :)
Well thanks Dave but since I have confidence in my spots I put that I created them in the headlines, if you think that's a problem feel free to remove it because it won't let me since most of my spots have become official. I completely understand now and I will drop it.
Thanks for being so understanding guys! I'll fix those Myra. :)
over a year ago doonis said…
I don't know if there already is or not, but there should be a way to search for user by their names.
Is there any way to get more strict about who is allowed on the site. Lately I have noticed that there are more and more users joining. Most of them are awesome but there is always someone out there to ruin the fun. I've seen users join just to start arguments and say horrible things to other users on picks or forums and for God know what other reasons. I don't want Fanpop to turn into the horror that MySpace did!
over a year ago goalstopper said…
this has been said before but what about Audio Clips to put songs on music spots. but it could also be a time to record what you feel about a certain spot. sort of like a Voice soapbox.
over a year ago cliff said…
Hey goalstopper!

Actually, you can do that right now by using our recording feature. In a spot, go to "Add Video" and choose "Upload or Record a Video". If you have a webcam, you can record some live soapbox clips for all to see and hear. If you're shy, I guess you could cover up the camera when you're recording :)
over a year ago goalstopper said…
oh really. i don't have a video camera though. or do you not need that? Iam just thinking of a new thing to add. it would have a play,pause,Stop,Fast-forward,Rewind etc.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago caintil31 said…
On the homepage there should be a box that lists all the users that are logged on to fanpop.