posted by TmoVie_obsessed
All over fanpop, on basically every spot in existence, there is poor fanpopping. And there are just some things that happen on this spot that are downright annoying. So I'm just going to get off my chest what irks me, so I can at least say I said something.
1. Repeat Picks: Really people, I don't want to answer hundreds of picks about which couple I prefer. Or which character/actor/off-screen relationship/who's hotter. It doesn't matter if the choices slightly differ, the wordings changed, or the icons are different, it's the same thing EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Try for some variety, take the time to actually think of something creative, that nobody's seen before. Trust me, people will thank you for it, and you can personally feel fulfilled knowing that you created a brilliant pick.
2. Articles: This is something I've been seeing a lot of lately. People will copy what's on other websites (that are already links I might add), and post them as articles. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE ARTICLE SECTION IS MEANT FOR. An article is for someone to post their ideas/opinions, or like many people on here (myself included), fanfiction. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to post an article then come back shortly after to find it pushed to page 7, by copy-pasted articles. When something is already posted on the spot as a link it shouldn't be copied again. That's just adding useless junk that'll make it harder for people to find what they're looking for.
3. Behavior: Now I know it's impossible for everybody to hold the same opinion on characters/couples/storylines/actors. But this doesn't mean that people should be flat out disrespectful or mean. If someone has a different opinion then you, they're not wrong, stupid, or crazy. While I know that many people don't like season 3 there are people out there that do. There are people out there that like Vanessa, Jenny, Nate, Blair, Serena, Chair, Nair, Derena, whoever. So please just be considerate. Imagine what it's like hearing people being horrible and making fun of your favorite actress/character. Try to remain friendly, polite, upbeat. Nobody wants to fight on fanpop.
4. Ratings: For some reason, recently some people have been rating content low. I can only guess why: for some personal vendetta, or because of something else. Like for instance, pictures with certain characters in them. But really the way I see it, pictures should be rated based on the quality. If it's a good, clear picture, not a repeat, and the person has added good keywords, it deserves a high rating. If you're not going to do that and it's not obvious what's wrong, at least leave a comment explaining why, or just not rate at all.
5. Questions: This is a big pet peeve of mine. Basically, the question section is not meant for opinion questions. If you want to ask people, "What do you think about Tripp/Serena?" or "What's your favorite scene from last night's episode?", make it a pick!! The question section is for people with straight forward questions that they want answered. It's just plain annoying to see those opinion things pop up in my updates.
So there we go. I'm pretty sure that covers everything I wanted to say, and I can now feel better knowing I at least made my opinions known. And I hope that people actually take these things into consideration the next time they're adding to this spot. Think carefully before you add, because it makes everybody's fanpop experience so much better.