Facts you may not know about Harry Potter
posted by SpecialAgentKat
24 Facts you may not know about Harry Potter:
1. J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter share a birthday, July 31st.
2. The Weasley Twins aren’t actually red heads.
3. Tom Felton(Draco Malfoy) supports Drarry.
4. J.K. Rowling has stated that Lord Voldermont is pronounced with the 't'.
5. Over the course of the Harry Potter movies, 6 different actors have portrayed Lord Voldermont.
6. Daniel Radcliffe voiced the cartoon parody of Twilight’s Edward Cullen, on ‘The Simpson’s’
7. Michael Jackson picked a musical version of Harry Potter, but was shot down.
8. The actress who played Moaning Myrtle is 37 years old which makes her the oldest actress to portray a Hogwarts student.
9. J.K. Rowling is the first person to become a billionaire by writing books.
10. So many fans visit King’s Cross Station to take pictures of platforms 9 and 10 that the section management erected a sign that says “Platform 9 ¾.
11. J.K. Rowling has said that when she took an online Sorting hat quiz, it sorted her into Hufflepuff.
12. An outbreak of lice occurred among the children cast members during the filming of the Chamber of Secrets
13. The Hogwarts school motto is “Draco domiens nonquam titillandus” which is Latin for Never tickle a sleeping dragon.
14. Avada Kedava means “to disappear from the world.
15. Voldermont means flight of death in French.
16. Dragon blood is an effective oven cleaner.
17. Dumbledore is an English word for ‘bumblbee.’
18. The Death eaters were originally known as the knights of Walpurgis
19. In Spanish translations, Neville’s toad has been translated into a turtle instead of a frog.
20. Hermione’s name was almost Hermione Puckle
21. Kings Cross Station holds special meaning to J.K. Rowling, it’s the station where her parents met.
22. Gilderoy Lockhart, the insufferably vain teacher in COS is based on someone Rowling knows in real life. (the rumor is that it is her ex-husband)
23. Fred and George Weasley were born on April 1st, April fool’s day.
And number 24.
Just for Twilight fans: The least successful Harry Potter film made $90 million more than the most successful Twilight movie