Sirius Black III:
- In the film version of Order of the Phoenix during the battle at the Department of Mysteries, Sirius accidentally calls Harry James, even though this mix-up never occurred in the book.
- Also during the battle at the Department of Mysteries Sirius was hit by a Killing Curse in the movie and survived for about 6 seconds, but in the book he was hit by an unnamed curse and fell into the veil.
- J.K. Rowling described Sirius as a "bit of a loose canon" and a "case of arrested development" and she also once described him as "brave, loyal, reckless, embittered and slightly unbalanced by his long stay in Azkaban".
James Potter I:
- James was the only son of a wealthy, elderly couple. They died unde noral circumstances when James about 20.
- Even though the movie stated that James played Seeker, he was actually a Chaser. But it might be that James also played Seeker at some point, since he once stole a Snitch and played with it.
- It took James 3 years to learn how to be an Animagus
- James' Patronus was the same form as that of his Animagus, a stag.
- Lupin is Latin and means "wolflike".
- J.K. Rowling has said that she would have wanted a teacher like Remus because he is good-hearted and kind and is able to extract the best in everyone. Furthermore she has said that if she had the possibility to meet any of her characters, she would want to meet Lupin.
- In the original draft of the seventh book, Remus survived the Battle of Hogwarts, but since she wanted to kill parents and spared Arthur Weasley, she killed off Remus instead.
- The youngest of Ginny and Harry's children may also be named after Remus as well as Luna Lovegood, since her nam is Lily Luna, and Luna is Latin for moon and Remus' nickname is Moony.
- Many thought that Wormtail would be the one to kill Remus, since he got a silverhand and Remus was a werewolf. But J.K. Rowling has later said that her version of werewolf weren't affected by silver.