House M.D. JTTW Discussion (Spoilers, obviously)

mrshouse62689 posted on Dec 10, 2008 at 02:11AM
So what do y'all think about this episode? I was a bit disappointed but I think it's because the spoilers got me hyped up and got my imagination running. I think I'm going to do like several other users and go spoiler-free for a while (we'll see if I make it).

I was kinda surprised that Kutner used to be a bully. It seems so uncharacteristic for him. But I think it's sweet that he went to apologize to that man.

I loved the return of clinic duty and how House actually got a real present, even if it was because he lied. I was cracking up during the patient with the inhaler, even though I'd already watched that scene a handful of times.

Although I want to be happy for Cuddy getting a baby, something in me tells me it won't work out. I think she'll have the baby just long enough for her to get attached and then it'll be taken from her. Maybe the baby's mother miraculously lives, or the parents decide to take the child back...I don't know, but something tells me this won't end well. And that makes me sad because Cuddy is my second favorite character.

I was excited that Wilson actually got some screentime. I miss him!

I thought the Foreteen makeout scene was kinda awkward. I'm still not sure how I feel about that pairing.

And I thought it was adorable that House told Cuddy "Merry Christmas" at the end. It was genuine. And it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. :-)
last edited on Dec 10, 2008 at 05:45PM

House M.D. 36 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago obsessedwithmd said…
omg!!! amazing!
over a year ago poofhead4 said…
I thought that it was pretty good. But the whole spoiler about crying like a baby in the end kinda got me hoping that somehting super powerful would happen, idk what though (and Cuddy getting a baby was powerful but not something that made me want to cry). The only time that I even vaguely felt like crying was when House brought up the subject of Cuddy losing Joy and Cuddy looked up at him with tearful and extremely hurt eyes. I wanted to yell "JUST SHUT UP HOUSE!!!" but my parents were there with me and they might have gotten a little concerned lol
over a year ago mrshouse62689 said…
Yeah I didn't want to cry either. It tugged at my heartstrings a few times but I didn't actually want to cry.

over a year ago Sculy08 said…
I feel somewhat disappointed but i still had the warm fuzzies.. and i did cry. it was sad.

House and Cuddy did share a special moment.He said nothing mean or crass.. He just said merry christmaS..*warm fuzzy feeling ensued*
There were several references to their "relationship" in this episode..
It is evolving in a houseian fashion.That is comforting..
I must comment that fox of course had us going..and going. In true fox fashion..
I was glad to see Wilson. He is my third favorite person behind House and Cuddy..
This baby will bring a whole new dynamic to the house and Cuddy relationship..
I don't think Cuddy will get to keep the baby. I think it will be House that picks up the peices that is left of Cuddy.
I still don't like 13.I can stomach Foreman.
I definitely like it better with House,Cuddy,Wilson,Chase and Cameron. I do like Kutner and Taub though..
All in all..

I laughed, I cried, and got that warm fuzzy feeling kinda at the end..

Remember with House and Cuddy..It will always be "baby" steps..

Although not as much House/Cuddy interaction as i had hoped.

Yeah I agree Huddy will be baby steps and I did notice some progress in their relationship. Like I said, I think I was a little disappointed because the spoilers and all the people hyping it up got my imagination going and the episode fell short of what I imagined in my train of wishful thinking. :-)

And I think House will be there when (I don't think it's "if") Cuddy loses the baby. Maybe that will be one positive to that moment.
over a year ago obsessedwithmd said…
i really loved this episode. it reallys howed us another side of many o fthe characters. for example we learned kutner was a bully!!! i would so not picture him as a bully. Cuddy is going to be a foster mom that is soo cool. hopefully she gets to keep the girl. it was also nice to see more of wilson. this season has been lacking him. The clinic is back. it was kind of sweet that house lied to the one pregnant chick!!!
over a year ago Belle0308 said…
You guys, the most horrible thing happened. I set my tape to watch it, I left for Weight Watchers, came back and realized I hadn't re-wound the tape. I am pretty much hysterical and totally mad at myself for being such a moron.

I wonder how long until they have it on amazon!!

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aww. I think a link's already been posted Belle, but I'm not sure if it works.
over a year ago kellinator said…
The supernova one works!!
over a year ago Ellen-smile said…
Belle, I feel your pain so much! I had it set to record, went to swimming, and THE POWER WENT OUT!!!!!! So no House for me. Can someone give me a good link for this ep please?? Save a dying soul?
Ok...I am going to try Supernova. I would have honestly skipped Weight Watchers if we weren't getting the new plan tonight. Kind of HAD to be there.
Thank you wonderful people!!
Sooo who's excited about the previews that were shown for January? Looks like there's lots of Huddy potential there. :-) I would love it if House's apartment flooded (the leak looked like it was in his place) and he moved in with Cuddy for a few days or something. But I don't think the writers are going to be that generous.
I just finished watching it.

Actually, I really liked it, even more so than I thought.

Watching the re-runs as I have been lately (chronically), I realize that Huddy has been a heavy theme for a long time and while I always enjoyed it, I think that spoiling us with "Joy" just made us hope that "Joy to the World" would have been "Joy" with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Instead, I think we will get chocolate sprinkles one at a time.

Natalie, how SAD was that whole story line! As the mother of a 12 year old girl, I wanted to cry right then and there. How totally mean were all of her friends?!

Messing with House...now the part when Taub stands up and goes after him about Cuddy, THAT was some funny stuff.

The "virgin" birth: So typical of him to lie, even though we always hope for better, don't we always really know that House will be himself.

Cuddy and the baby. Well, I guess the fact that she cared about the babies Mom, BEFORE she knew about the baby helps deepen the story. She has a stake in this baby, and I hope things work out. The only thing that seemed sad to me was Houses' expression when he told her Merry Christmas. I think that the baby might delay things between them, but who knows.

I was good with Thirteen and Foreman. I was a person who really didn't like Foreman for a long time, and now I really like him a lot.

Overall...great episode with awesome dialog as always.
over a year ago DoctorIsIn said…
I might go spoiler free for a while too...I, like mrshouse, felt just a TINY bit disappointed. I didn't feel like crying, much less "bawling like baby" at the end. I just felt like this episode could've given us so much more...

I'm probably just being biased, being a Huddy shipper. I wish there was more Huddy bantering, but I'm guessing cuddy is still affected by what happened in LTEC...Everytime she left the room without a sarcastic/witty remark, I could see that House was disappointed. I have yet to watch it again and when I do, who knows? All my views can change. Don't get me wrong, cuddy was fantastic in this episode. Her heart-to-hearts with the POTW had me glued to the TV and when house brought up Joy, i felt so bad for her...

All in all, I just think the episode didn't live up to all the hype. I didn't see any "exchanging of gifts" between house and cuddy...Also, house's prank on the new ducklings seemed to end too fast.

Now the whole foreteen deal, i'm not sure how i feel about that yet. The kiss did seem a little awkward. But hey, things will most likely develop between them and i'll probably warm up to it.

well. just a month + to go! yay....:[
over a year ago pure_rebellion said…
I Laughed alot of times through the ep. and im willing to consider being spoiler free but I dont think I can do it. I WAS dissapointed with the whole Huddy thing :(

What i loved:

Wilson Talking about some Irene woman ( he actually had me , I believed it, LOL)

Wilson yelling 'No you Iditos' ( God I missed him)

Kutner being a bully ( Ipredicted that WOO-HOO I got something right)

The inhaler thing ( I may have died of laughter)

Taub!!! all his lines were halarious minues the one about Kutner.

and manymore but right now im to tired and sick to write them

The Promo looks awesome, Love the last part (ofcourse)
over a year ago mimika_s said…
14~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
OK so the more I re-watch those last Huddy scenes from JTTW the more sadness I see in House. :-( And sad House means sad mrshouse (obviously haha). I think he tries to be happy for her and he wants her to be happy, but at the same time a baby WILL put something between them. It's kinda hard to read what he might be thinking about that.

But like I said, I don't think the baby will be a permanent fixture. So I'm not too worried about it.
over a year ago oldmovie said…
I should be studying for my bio exam tomorrow but I had to put some thoughts down.

I wasn't dissapointed in this episode at all, but that might be a combination between my Cuddy fanaticism and the fact I had been picking my spoilers carefully as to not bring up too many hopes, SO GLAD I DID THAT, I had no expectations for this episode and ended up loving it!

I want to start with the patient, like Belle, her story really got to me! I was so pleased because this season had severely been lacking on their patient front, most of them being rather boring additions to the episode. This storyline reminded me of why I first began to watch House, for the patients. I felt so strongly for this poor girl, tortured by her peers and I even felt for her jerk ass of a "boyfriend". It was just so well done, and elegantly weeved. I just adored her storyline.

Kutner! Wow, I can't say how much I'm pleased they added this darker element to his past. It is a fantastic juxtaposition between his naivety and childlike attitude towards things and the cruel behaviour he must have exhibited during highschool. Its a fantastic way for Kutner to have the depth he was lacking, way to create a amazing complex character!

Wilson!!!!! ahahahahahhahaha oh dear Wilson! The part with Irene and the present, I was laughing so hard.....poor Taub and Kutner.

TAUB! What more can I say? Taub has secured his position of my 4th favourite character just behind Wilson. The whole Cuddy's loves you bit, and the very very sweet, "Are you okay?" to Kutner at the end, can anybody say AW?

Cuddy getting her baby, I refuse to even speculate because I'm sickly too biased to even attempt to appear objective. Let's just say that Cuddy needs to keep that baby, otherwise it will be a bit of a repeat of "Joy" and well......

THE END SCENE!!! (lol I stop the episode at this scene so its the end for me)
Wow.........just wow, the scene between House and Cuddy is just so beautiful. I just love how House has grown since "Joy" and now is thinking of Cuddy instead of himself and tries to be happy for her. But the reason I love this part is because of this (I'm just going to quote something I already wrote cause I'm lazy):
"Which is what made that moment so wonderfully bitter sweet!

House was trying to be happy for her, you can see he is struggling with his emotions but understands that this really is good for Cuddy once he sees how truly happy she is. But she barely pays attention to him when he leaves and he utters a sincere but sad, quiet "merry chirstmas Cuddy," because he knows that things have forever changed and that she will be much more focused on the baby than on him. His theory is proven correct when she doesn't even turn around when he leaves, he looks back in to see a reaction but gets nothing. It was sooooo wonderfully bitter sweet!"

Just utterly fantastic. A complete change from my other favourite moment running right now from "Lucky 13".

I'm going to hide from missy before she sees this lol. Though I'm very interestd in the 14 relationship, I just feel like its moving too fast. I just didn't see the kiss coming at all, even though I had read they were going to kiss. To me they seem more like....I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. Though it was a good kiss, not denying the hotness of that, I just didn't like where that hot kiss was positioned in the plot line.

On the whole I loved it and frankly I thought the subtle Huddy was a nice relief from the cramming of Huddy the last episodes of House. House is at its best when everything is dealt with subtly in small moments and moving at a snail's pace, it doesn't do so good when its trying to move things along fast.
over a year ago pollyloveshouse said…
OK I do have to say one thing, and that is that not reading the spoilers made me enjoy the episode so much more! I fell for every twist and turn that I wouldn't have expected, and if BB hadn't ruined it partly by telling me there were clinic patients, I would have jumped even higher with joy (no pun intended). The inhaler lady! ROFL! So yes, not reading the spoilers definitely made it better for me!

14 kiss... I won't comment, there aren't many words I can get out about that right now, just SQUEEEEEE!!!

I loved Kutner in this ep. I loved the fact that he used to be a bully. I don't know why, I just did.

And, finally!! a patient that I liked! I thought her storyline was really interesting, I felt like I could relate to her, and I thought the jerk boyfriend was a good addition to the story.

But, I'm not in a ranting mood, so that was a terrible summary =D

Oh, and I won't comment on the Huddy, because everyone else will do that anyways.
over a year ago amberRocks said…
Ok my thoughts on the episode!

WTF??????????????????

Is it so easy to get a baby nowdays?
Neither of the grantparents wanted their granddaughter of their kid WHO JUST DIED BTW?
Thats totally unrealistick!

Other than that a good episode!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago babybell said…
umm no aR its not unrealistic, it was too painful for them to look after the granddaughter after there kid just died.
also they may want it back later.
Also im beginning to think i've never seen you satisfied..
over a year ago HouseJr said…
Okay let's just say you guys really brought me down to earth with this forum, reading all of ur replies makes me really think objectivly about the whole Cuddy geting the baby thing. I SO want her to keep the baby, I want it to be Cuddy House and Baby forever! But that's a little optimistic isn't it? *sigh* I loved this episode, I barely ever read spoilers so I never get dissapointed. I didn't expect Kutner to have been a bully, in fact until he started talking I thought the guy's house he was at was someone completely different and I was stunned when he started apoligizing.

Man I want Cuddy to have that baby! I was jumping up and down screaming about for a half an hour after the episode ended. Oh well, maybe she will at least now I'm being realistic about it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago amberRocks said…
But I liked the epi bb!I just pointed the ONE thing I didn't like!It was a really good episode and for the first time in like ages I found the POTW really interesting!
(and btw in my defense all the houses forums that I checked pointed out the same thing about the baby!)
My mom's idea is that the grandparents of the baby will decide they want the baby back once they get past the grief of losing their daughter. Which makes sense. I can understand it being too painful for them to begin with but I think maybe once they have time to mull it over they'll change their minds.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I still can't even form any proper opinions about the show because the Foreman/Thirteen moments were just too awesome.
over a year ago HouseJr said…
LOL yeah 14 is pretty awesome!
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
I wish I could go spoiler free, and I would if it wasnt for the fact we have to wait a whole month and I need House. HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE! xD
But I felt a connection to both the patient and Cuddy as well. I am good at school, good at work. I get very good grades, always top of the class (hard to believe ik xDD). But I screw up every relationship I have. I just don't know how to maintain a relationship, I rlly dont. It's just something I'm not good at. And with that, I felt a very deep connection to Cuddy, which made me love her even more (if that's even possible).
Anyways, aside from my personal life, I just LOVED Taub in this episode!! Also, Wilson rlly had me going there, I ADORE HIM!!!!! Kutner- that was... surprising!! I love how he went to apologize!! *gives Kutner a cookie* And do I even have to say how much I loved the clinic patients? XDDDD
14 interaction: HOTT. VERY HOTT. I luv 14!! I rlly do!!!!
Huddy: Bitter-sweet, IN SUCH AN AWESOME WAY!!!! I'm EXTREMELY happy for Cuddy, and EXTREMELY sad for House to the point where I just can't choose between them. Anyways, I am happy to say I bought this ep and I LOVED IT!!!! :DD
over a year ago kellinator said…
HC I identified with Cuddy too!! I mean I graduated #2 in my class, but I only have like 2 freinds from high school now because I screwed up my relationships with all my other friends. And srsly Taub, Wilson, and Kutner were so awesome, especially Taub screwing with House, "I think she loves you." And I realized how much I missed the clinic, like those scenes made me lmao!! And srsly the Huddy scene at the end did so many things to my heart, I was so happy for Cuddy, but House's reaction broke my heart. Its beautiful that he's trying to be happy for her, but it was so sad when he laft the room and looked back at her longingly. And the promos for next ep...awesome!! Is it January yet??
I found myself identifying with the POTW more than Cuddy (atleast in this episode). I was picked on alot in elementary school (I've always been "a big gal") but thankfully when I hit middle school I had alot of friends and a good personality, so nobody's given me problems since then. I'm not quite as driven as Cuddy...I'm terrified of failure, but I'm still satisfied if I'm not at the top of my class (or whatever).
OMFG K SER?? ME TOO!!!! I graduated tied for #1 in one class and # 1 in all the others. And I only have 2 rlly awesome real friends because well, I don't rlly wanna talk about it. Let's just say 8th grade wasn't the best year for socialness. But I screwed up relationships with guys because I wasn't rlly sure what to do. As my friends put it, I'm smart but socially retarded.
And ser, I WANT JANUARY!!!!!
If you girls are all telling the truth about your ages, you have a long road ahead of you. You are all extremely intelligent and sweet.
My sister was very smart and still is. She wasn't the best at inner-personal relationships and she didn't get married until she was 35. She is VERY happy now. Life is a long road. High School doesn't make or break you. I was somewhat successful in High School and had a lot of friends. After school I wasn't a real social success. Life keeps changing and so do you. I guess I felt for both Natalie and Cuddy.
over a year ago Ellen-smile said…
Ok, Belle, I'm so giving you props for that comment. I've been having social issues lately and it's REALLY good to know that life works out. Thank you for the hope.

:]
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah high school isn't a make-or-break stage. High school was actually the most fun I've had so far. Since I hit college things have kinda gone downhill...but things will look up eventually. :-] I hope.
I don't go to regular high school, but I guess that means in some way I'll develop in a special way. I still talk to my friends and I'm not in some dark corner. xD
over a year ago cocacola said…
I really hope that the grandparents don't take the baby back. I believe the best way to avoid that problem is to arrange for them to get hit by a train.