Huddy Couple Counseling Thread - A Team of Experts at Work :P

HuddyBea posted on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32PM
What can I say? We are back! :D

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season...or maybe not? :P Who knows, Huddy is unpredictable and common is boring so be ready to the fireworks!!!

PS and I definitely want to have more of this!!!!!!
What can I say? We are back! :D 

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season
last edited on Mar 10, 2011 at 03:18PM

Huddy 2093 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1651-1700 of 2093

over a year ago Belle0308 said…
I really love the whole dynamic between Huddy and Arlene. I think it is easy to identify with this situation if you have been with someone who has issues with your Mom. I understand this whole thing. I have been married 17 years this June and I was just in my room watching TV while those two were arguing.
I ALSO don't understand what Arlene's point is unless she wants Cuddy to lose her job OR she thinks it will break up House and Cuddy...(too late for that).
This just won't be easy. They are going to leave us wondering "Will they" for many months to come.
over a year ago HuddyJoy0524 said…
@Belle she might do this to spite Cuddy for breaking up with House? At this point: Mama Cuddy has seen what House has done for her and Cuddy and the lengths he is willing to go through because he loves her and she might be trying to "punish" Cuddy for breaking it off.
OR
Maybe Cuddy hasnt told Arlene yet? She might not know theyve broken up. Will they have to play happy couple? i cant really see that realistically happening though...hmmm....im definitely intrigued. i am really looking forward to this episode im mad we have to wait 2 weeks!
over a year ago bluehue said…
big smile
@mysusp, Aaaaahhh, you know it, all smiles & my heart melted on the spot to see House teaching & playing with the golden retriever, "good boy." I think HL & the dog acted really well together.
I knew he would fetch the chicken & not hurt it, because (trained) goldens have "soft mouths," that carry birds, toys & things very lightly. Wilson was so funny, his feathers all ruffled..when he said the chicken was okay..but "traumatized!"

I enjoyed getting to see a more personal side of Masters in the last two episodes, (sadly) only to see her go. I liked her paper origami hobby & was surprised when the opening sequence revealed it was Martha's bedroom & not a child's. Though the story did serve to show her grow up in several ways, as a doctor & person, reluctantly pushed out of the nest (uncomfortable as it was) or sense of place & belonging that House actually provided. Fly away, fly away...

Yes, the return of Arlene. All hell could break loose, or maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. We can be sure that Candice Bergen's star presence this season is there to evolve the story in a big or significant way.

Speaking of stars, did you guys all know who Rachel's father is, in real life? (Taub's Rachel).
I only just read that bit of trivia tonight. I'll spell the answer backwards in case you want to guess. ANSWER: ylliB latsyrC
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
Well so far this year House has been broken up with twice. On both accounts both women realize the amazing things about this man but being close to him seems to come at a proce neither could pay.
In Masters words:

"It is like coming to the end of and extreme rollercoaster. even with the terror, nausea, and whiplash you are a little sad it is over."

House continually pushing the envelope and pushing the people around him to their limits. Testing them at every turn and losing them.

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" and then the Instrumenal of "Now What" in episode 16 demonstrates the writers consistently jumping up and down on our already raw nerves. It makes it harder to forgive the awful way they wrote House and Cuddy when they won't leave it alone. Who would have thought that a "TV show" could make you this mad.

Sorry for that little rant. Believe me that was a small rant compared to the way I feel about this.
So even if House isn't suffering from a head injury I fear I might be.

@BH - Nice little piece of trivia.

@HJ and Belle - Very interesting indeed and considering the title of the the episode following this one ("Moving On") it definitely appears we are in for a "rollercoaster."

Edit: It may seem I didn't like the episode. I did in any other season but this one.

Well so far this year House has been broken up with twice. On both accounts both women realize the am
over a year ago fran2 said…
My first reaction: heresy, blasphemy, sacrilege. You can’t always get what you want....for Masters. No! It’s House’s song, it belongs only to him. And my Last Temptation: throw my PC out of the window.
That said, it was not one of my favorite episodes of the season but I saw it as an episode used to confirm (as if any were needed !!!!) some "slogans" of this crazy season and old ones and to remind us the contents of some episodes. An academic review (the writers do not know that we do not need it ;-))) ).
Several lines:
You can’t always get..(sigh)
the dog’s training (the same as Rachel, the same tone of voice used by HL)
everybody lies (and Masters too)
the next bet on ferrets
Vicodin. He is not swallowing vicodin like candy (I also had doubts that it is not really Vicodin but he pretends to take it. A facade, a performance for the benefit of others)

Am I forgetting something? Add please.

I really loved the Chase’s speech with Masters: “I think when you do change it’s not so simple to get back”.
In my opinion this is the line to which we must cling, to not lose hope. We all change and none of us, even House, can come back. When you change, is forever and you don't ever feel completely comfortable wearing old clothes.
House, like all of us during a stage of change, is walking a tightrope (it was one of the promotional pics of the season, right?). It is an uncomfortable position because it is like trying to balance between the past and the future.

@huddycallian @mysusp @huddycat @huddyjoy @bh
glad you like my cartoon stories :-)

@evropia “So hopefully this is the hard way for mama Cuddy to push her stuborn daughter back to her bastard's arms”
Finger crossed, mothers' ways are infinite :-)

@simply_huddy “.....Huddy positiveness....”
I believe that the time is approaching, they (and WE) can not suffer forever

@bh...choke the chicken...ahahahahahahah! You're lucky that I have not thought of that, otherwise I would have had to put a cartoon forbidden to minors XDDDD
And I totally agree with your positive thought "what brings two (estranged) people together?.....” I just add the wild physical attraction ;-)))
Your trivia: she is Billy Crystal’s daughter, isn't she?
I won something? ;-)

@tammy “....the writers consistently jumping up and down on our already raw nerves..... Who would have thought that a "TV show" could make you this mad. “
We are walking a tightrope too. Only this series is capable of making us feel House own feelings, so powerful. Devastating but unique.

.........................................­...­...­...­..
Hugh’s version, because I love him so much :-))))))))))))))
@BH NUH UH! That's her father?! Ok...wait a second....Jennifer CRYSTAL Foley! *facepalms* Did not even think about that, thought the two names were together, not separate. Cool! xD
I also loved the part with House and the dog. But then again, im just the dog lover over here ;) It was reminiscent of "Carrot and Stick" almost, he was as affectionate with the dog as he was with Rachel! :p

I'm not sure how i feel yet about Masters leaving. I liked her alright when she was here, but i knew she was 13's place holder so i never got comfortable with her. I don't think I'll miss her character, but I'll miss her PRESENCE more so. The way she was able to keep House in line and just stand for things, takes a lot of bravery and I think House really respected her for that (though he would never admit it).

BTW took a look at what is in store for the last 4 episodes of the season ***SPOILER ALERT WEEEEOOOO WEEEEOOOO SPOILER ALERT***

Looking like we might get some Chirteen. I'm ok with this xD
Also, it's definitely looking like "Moving On" is going to be as intense as we predicted. "There will be some serious decisions affecting his future relationships with Cuddy and Wilson." Uh oh! House....please dont do anything stupid!!
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
I have thoughts on this episode (no, really I do have thoughts) but I am not able to be coherent right now (tired) so I'll come back later. Waves to the girls :) BTW I've seen bird dogs trained to point and retrieve so it was amusing to see House with the fishing rod and feathers. I was a little afraid that the chicken might not be okay, which is a little strange since I eat chicken all the time so I was happy to hear the bird recovered even though it was a long night for Wilson ha!
Suggestions: David Shore needs to join the tin Man and visit Oz to get a heart.

By the promo pics House looks more and more like he did in season 5 when he was hallucinating. I will get the pic I am referring to and post it later.

@Fran2 - Vicodin. He is not swallowing vicodin like candy (I also had doubts that it is not really Vicodin but he pretends to take it. A facade, a performance for the benefit of others)

I have actually thought the same thing. Thought maybe he was actually taken the ibuprophen and he is going through some type of head injury and just not telling anyone. Also thought he may be taking some type of drug related to having the memory loss like he did in House's Head.

@HJ - we are sure to be onthe edge of our seat.

Taub and Rachel are the ones having the baby(sighs)

Press release came out On adolf Hitler's birthday. HMMM

Edit: Did House eat a dog biscuit or did he supposedly give the dog whatever he is taking?
@tammy---i was wondering if he ate a dog treat?? i kept expecting him to pull out some bacon or something to show us we had been faked out. my mom told me once that people use cooked liver for treats at dog shows when i said EWWW at the people holding the treat in their mouth.
@mysus and @tam yeah i thot it was a dog treat that he ate as well. huh. might have to try and go back to rewatch that. it confused me a little bit but i didnt think much of it at the time. i doubt he would give a dog vicodin though.

This Taub/Rachel stuff is on my LAST nerve. Like seriously. I can't STAND Taub. He is my least favorite House character and always has been. Idk any House fans that love him, but I know plenty that are either indifferent or can't stand him either. I can't imagine the rest of the population liking him much either (friends/family of mine that watch the show but arent on the pop cant stand him either) yet they are STILL giving him storylines and nonsense like this. WHY. I don't get it! Are they trying to get us to like him? Sorry. Won't work.

But seriously like i have to shut up before i post a 3 page long rant on why Taub shoulda left the show ages ago (or never been on to begin with?) hmmmm......
kiss
@tammy “Press release came out On adolf Hitler's birthday”
O_O What????? But April 30 is the date of Hitler’s death ... so we can still hope.

@huddyjoy – you’re breaking my heart ! I like Taub *have mercy* ;-)
Among other things I want to hope that the dysfunctional long-term relationship between he and his wife may be a clue to Huddy...

Happy Easter everybody! hoping that DS would find a heart in his egg!
A small gift, if you are still angry about the lack of Huddy .... you can kick the egg XDDDD
@tammy “Press release came out On adolf Hitler's birthday”
O_O What????? But April 30 is the date
@fran No, thats a good thing! Thank God, SOMEONE likes Taub! lol. i seriously felt there was no one. That means there have to be others like you out there! You can ignore my rant, then. xD
sunny
Pic: IDK House..please just tell us, what does it all mean? Are you looking in the right places? Hint: Cootie toy does not hold the key!

Hello my Huddy soul sisters,
Heart is always warmed & charmed, feeling lucky to have all of you all to share this bumpy ride. Just 4 more to go...seat belts fastened securely for the finale I hope.

@tammy, GOOD observation about "2" break-ups for House this season & why..sadly true. He is such a challenge..the real puzzle in this mystery.

@fran, Yes..I had forgotten the tightrope promo pic. Right too..Chase's speech to Masters..it is not so simple to go back, his thoughts must have been of Dibala in that moment. Like Thomas Wolfe's line, "you can't go home again."

@mysusp, Ha..Wilson's long night, "caring" for his chicken..like only he could do. Holding it's little webbed claw foot, singing a soft lullabye.
AND..yes, House DOES seem to eat anything: like that spoonful of rotten tomato sauce, those cucumber slices off his puffy eyes & probably a dog biscuit. Ok, I admit I've taken bites of my dog's biscuits. But...they really are good! The all natural organic ones, made with whole wheat, molasses, blueberries, apples, yogurt, flaxseed etc..

You guys make me laugh & cry anxiously at the same time. So you think House is not taking the vicodin? He's hiding a head injury? Eeks!! You may be right..on target!! Why? Cause I read a blurb about the finale, the potw is a boxer. Who else suffers such damaging blows to the head? Also, HL boxes in real life, so he might have inspired this..knowing the issues. As we know the show layers & connects the story..this could set in motion..the notion of a head trauma. Also, we know that House had that skull fracture & Wilson zapped his injured brain.

@hudjoy, Just think of Billy Crystal's daughter getting to keep her job, because of Taub-y, maybe that will help..ha. Also, Taub's (pathetic) selfish behavior helps to show House is not all bad by comparison.

Yes..Happy Easter. I'll share a short @bh story:
One Easter my parents gave each of us a baby chick for the holiday..so so cute, yellow & fluffy. We were to raise them for a month or so, then give them to my farmer Uncle. However, my older sister sneaked her little peep under her pillow to sleep with it..and accidently..kinda killed it. I can still remember my poor sister bringing it downstairs, cradled in her hands, crying to Mom..she didn't mean it..sniffel sniffel. Don't cry. :)
Pic: IDK House..please just tell us, what does it all mean?  Are you looking in the right places?  Hi
over a year ago HuliHookup said…
blush
How's everyone doing? I've had a super busy week. And I'm glad to be back. Anyway...

@fran I like Taub too. I didn't at first, but he's kind of grown on me as the series progressed.

@tam Taub and Rachel will be expecting a baby? Seriously? No! Ok, I take back what I said about Taub. I hate him. I really, really hate him now.
over a year ago HuliHookup said…
wink
BTW @tam I lobe your new icon.
@BH "So you think House is not taking the vicodin? He's hiding a head injury? Eeks!! You may be right..on target!!"

OMG! I totally did not even think about that! What if you are right! But wait...didnt he take it so that he could deal with the pain of possibly losing Cuddy....? I'm getting all confused now. I definitely hope that the finale is not as it seems because at this point...it doesnt seem as awesome as i hope its gonna be...i guess we shall see! (i rhymed! ha! :)

your chickie story sounds so sad :'( poor little kid. she was just trying to snuggle with it! i would have been devastated if that happened to me...

@HHU WELCOME BACK! :) Last week was my super ridiculously stressful week. I'm glad to be back from it! Hope everything went well!
mischievous
@bluehue---I think I am as evil as David Shore because I actually stifled laughter over the tragic chick tale. It would have devastated me if it had happened to me though.
laugh
Yea, actually, I thought House took or is taking vicodin, but then @tam & @fran & others I've read are wondering if he really did or has been, so I started wondering too. All speculation. I'm confused too. NOT expecting finale to be uplifting like last year..don't think it's possible. (But I like (happy) surprises).

Thanks dear @hudjoy, for your empathy & compassion..unlike evil @mysusp! KIDDING.
My sisters & I do laugh about it now..and never ever sleep with poultry. LOL.
@BH im not expecting a "good" finale either. it happened once, they arent gonna do it again. i read somewhere that someone believed it was probably going to be an open-ended season finale since things haven't been squared away for season 8 yet. yikes.

@mysus *gasps* you're heartless! :p lol i dont think i would have ever forgiven myself if i did that....chicks are so cute!!! i adore animals. maybe i should become a farmer.....hmmmmm....JOKING. hehehehehe :)

while we are telling animal stories...when i was like 6 i had a hermit crab that i bought at the beach and brought home with me. i LOVED that thing. but it doesnt like being held or touched, as you all probably know. and it certainly wouldnt like getting kissed. well my cousin, i think she was like 12 at the time, thot it would be cute to kiss it. idk WHAT the heck she was thinking. it reached out and pinched her on the lip and wouldnt let go. she was running around the house screaming with a hermit crab dangling from her lip, my dad was running around and FREAKING trying to find something to ply it off with and i was just standing there, not quite sure WHAT to do.

My mom tells me now that if she had been thinking properly at the time she would have videotaped it and won us first place at americas funniest home videos. xD
kiss
KIss face!
@HudJoy, Hahahee..my goodness, I can really picture your story...funny scary, OUCH!..your poor cousin just wanted to show the love to mr. crabby. I think your mom may have won first place on the video show. :) :)
Pic: Holiday treats.
KIss face!
@HudJoy, Hahahee..my goodness, I can really picture your story...funny scary, OUCH!..your
I just read something on Facebook that the Season 7 finale will highlight the end of Huddy permanently and it will be bittersweet. This is bumming me out big time.

With no word yet on if the show will even continue, couldn't they just leave it in the air? Do they have to end it?
@Belle i doubt they are gonna end it "permanently" and even if they end it "permanently" its not going to be so in our minds. they key here is quotations lol. im not gonna let it be that way. i always have hope and i think that things can always get better. :) we shouldnt give up either!
I am going to try to just pretend I didn't read that BUT...I never know with TPTB what their plan of the day is.

You are right of course HJ, just keep the faith.
over a year ago HLforever said…
BILLY CRYSTAL IS RL RACHEL TAUB'S DAD WHAT WHAT WHAT

Okay WOW I haven't been here in a while.

Anyways, I don't think they would make the season finale permanent at all (or at all satisfying) because they need to keep viewers hooked over the summer (as they're still planning to continue into Season 8)...it's going to end on some sort of cliffhanger, which I think will be House injured in some way. We know that his car is going to crash somewhere near Cuddy's house, and there are a bunch of theories drifting around...gah I don't know anymore.

But yes, keep the faith. No matter what, I'll still always believe that Huddy = ENDGAME. End of story.
over a year ago huddycallianfan said…
big smile
welcome to the new game
link :DD
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
sad
I couldn't sleep well last night because of all these SPOILER about the 2 last ep : devastating news for House, House is gonna do sth extrem that could change his relation to Cuddy and Wilson, Cuddy has to make an extrem choice ...
What can all this mean? I had several ideas, but they're too insane:
-House decides to let his leg cut off so he won't suffer anymore and won't take Vicodin, and he'll hope to get Cuddy back --> awful and idiot theory
-House decides to leave PPTH to forget Cuddy, and consequently Wilson --> it could fit with the pic where he wears a white suit and walk on a street, maybe in New Orleans? BUT on this pic he's barefoot, so probably dream or hallucination
-I know, that's Rachel Taub who's supposed to be pregnant, but why not Cuddy too? So she has to decide if she wants to keep the baby or to abort? Either she talks about it with House and his decision will have a deep impact on her relation, or she doesn't tell House and takes the decision alone, which can explain the extrem choice Cuddy has to make
-House crashes his car and get into coma or is seriously injured, and Cuddy has to take an extrem decision, like several years before Stacy, to keep him alive.
-House makes sth terrible to save a patient or his mother is gonna die and he leaves PPTH or acts foolish and this has an impact on his relation with Cuddy and Wilson

None of these stupid theories can be true, but all this stuff is driving me crazy, I want to know what's gonna happen and I really hope it won't hurt Huddy more than TPTB has already done. "a bittersweet end for Huddy" : what does it mean? House and Cuddy are the end game of this show, am I wrong?
I couldn't sleep well last night because of all these SPOILER about the 2 last ep : devastating news
cool
I like your theories. The one about Cuddy and Wilson having to make a choice if House is injured especially.
@Huddycat and @mysuspicionis - they have definitely gave us spoilers to destroy our House and Cuddy faith.

I think with Arlene again they will refer back to something that has to do with her memory. She couldn't recognize sarcasm.
If she is here because she is really off her rocker and she is trying to get House and Cuddy in trouble (and I don't think this is the scenario) then that may be House and Cuddy's only loop hole.
If she is here to try and get them on the same side (taking for granted Julia has told Mama C. abuot the break-up) or just get them talking then she may pretend to have some loss of proper thinking right at the end to save them both.

House is pretending to be Cuddy's boyfriend (just what I want a relationship with no sex and I have to deal with your mother) so Hosue and Cuddy are really under the impression that she is here to crucify them and she is crazy which makes no sense because this is her daughter. House will figure it out.

If she knows about the break-up she could be here to get only House in trouble but again I think she would realize it would be almost impossible to keep Cuddy safe.

I don't think it will reunite them but it would be nice for her to give some good advice to both of them in the end.

Again I just can't imagine that House and Cuddy would give up with no more of a fight then what they gave and there is no explanation they can give that will not be lame.

@HJ - Keep that faith alive girl. That is the way I feel. Nobody will ever change my mind about what I saw for 6 years.

Edit: @Hl - Good to see you posting. Trying times.

@Huddycalianfan - Cool idea for the game.

@Belle and @hulihookup and @Fran2 - love you guys as always. Belle don't let them sway you with these spoilers. the finale will probably not bring good news but hey it has been one of those years.

@huddycat unfortunately, i feel like virtually any of your scenarios at this point are entirely plausible. I like the one about Cuddy AND Wilson having to make a decision for him this time. Wilson's his proxy right? Have we gotten any confirmation yet that House is the one that gets in this car accident? Because i don't want to get my hopes up; there is still the chance that its the POTW.

@tammy "If she is hear to try and get them on the same side (taking for granted Julia has told her)"
That is actually GENIUS. I never even thought of that. Julia tells Mama Cuddy that House and Cuddy broke up so she shows up saying she's gonna sue the hospital, destroy their careers, etc etc but it forces them to work together; be a team. They NEED each other to save each other's careers and it would be Mama Cuddy's way of trying to bring them back together. I LOVE it. If this is the scenario props to MC for being a frickin Einstein. xD
over a year ago jojocap said…
I wonder if House just decides to go into research...he told Cuddy she was totally worth him being less of a doctor, right? Just wondering....that would certainly alter his relationships permanently. I recall him talking with the shrink about not diagnosing as being the only thing worse than staying in the field..but that was before he had his thing with Cuddy.

If it's something altering his relationship with both of them, then I'd say he's leaving to go somewhere or something happens to him.
@Tam I like your theory of Arlene wanting "to get them on the same side".
If it's the case, they have to work together and to talk, and maybe we get THE explanation we're waiting. But it could also be a reason for House to leave PPTH , Cuddy and Wilson.
Well, no matter what happen, Huddy will always be in my heart. And I think I'll never forgive TPTB to break them up "forever", I really still want to believe that House and Cuddy will be together again and for "real" and "forever" at the end
@Tam I like your theory of Arlene wanting "to get them on the same side". 
If it's the case, they hav
kiss
Dear all, Happy Easter Monday. It could have been also a House’s Monday, but we can’t always get what we want ;-))
Have you overindulged in Easter? Well now is time to go back to our Huddy diet XDDDDDD

I’m reading your theories and speculations and fears about the finale and I can only say: keep the faith. Spoilers have always been traps, do you remember the last season finale? I’m sure you do ;-))
Today I am in a quotations’ mood so forgive me if I’m heavy.
@bh – interesting reference to Thomas Wolfe’s novel: protagonist George Webber realizes "You can't go back home to your family, back home to your childhood ... back home to a young man's dreams of glory and of fame ... back home to places in the country, back home to the old forms and systems of things which once seemed everlasting but which are changing all the time — back home to the escapes of Time and Memory."
We can not go back to old habits, we can be nostalgic, we lament the old days, but life changes us sometimes for the worse but sometimes for the better.
The more I think the more I'm convinced that the writers are trying to manage Huddy like a courtly love: “the lover accepts the independence of his mistress and tries to make himself worthy of her by acting bravely and honorably (nobly) and by doing whatever deeds she might desire, subjecting himself to a series of tests (ordeals) to prove to her his ardor and commitment.”
Stages of courtly love:
1 Attraction to the lady, usually via eyes/glance
2 Worship of the lady from afar
3 Declaration of passionate devotion
4 Virtuous rejection by the lady
5 Renewed wooing with oaths of virtue and eternal fealty
6 Moans of approaching death from unsatisfied desire (and other physical manifestations of lovesickness)
7 Heroic deeds of valor which win the lady's heart
8 Consummation of the secret love
9 Endless adventures and subterfuges avoiding detection

And if I think about the stage where are now House and Cuddy, I believe that some authors have already written words of wisdom that are worth remembering:

"Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry."
- J.D. Salinger (The Catcher in the Rye) -

“The only way to preserve our solitude is to hurt everyone, starting with those we love.”
(Emil Cioran)

………………………………………­………­………­………­………­………­………­………­………­………­..

I’m going to post a song that I always loved and I think it fits perfectly with House's current mood.

The story of the author of the song, Pete Ham, is quite heartbreaking but I don't think that his final terrible choice fits with the ultimate goal of House, I do not think so at all, and I repeat it, lest any of you may think otherwise. House has a great instinct for survival. Just saying.

The link if you are interested in Pete Ham’s troubled life.
link

Side note: you cracked me up with your stories about pets’ accidental death (I looooove black humor ;-)) )
@Fran2 - Stages of courtly love:

If there is hope this is truly where it lies. Although they have desired each other for years there truly was no courtship. Cuddy took Hosue on as a wounded lion who kept everyone at a distance. When they started this it still came from that angle. House still closed off in certain areas. Although we see the love he has for her we can still see his inability to relay that to her in a tangible way (excluding sex - which they did exclude from the audience his year, thank you very much TPTB)(sorry for that little fit)
What we desire is to see House make choices to come to terms with what he wants and not be afraid to grow up and go after it.

With Mama Cuddy on the way I feel like we may get a hint into the rigidness that she instilled in her daughter. Cuddy runs a tight ship when you are up close and personal and there really is no room for error.NOw that we have learned that it stands very contradictory to what we have witnessed over the years.
As she put it, "She lets House run around like a monkey in a banana factory 51 weeks out of a year."
Now with the rules more defined for our hero, knowing that a relationship with Cuddy will require more than the "thing" they have been having in the past,"Can he meet the challenge?" I guess David Shore thinks that he can't. At least right now. Is it possible time away might put our hero on a different path? Will it be too late for him and Cuddy?

At this point I hope next season we will find a House that is healing and striving for something. I do not won't them to take this out and House still be an emotional train wreck or kill him off. (Which btw would be a stupid move in case they ever wanted to make a movie. It would be smarter to leave your options open)

In my heart I feel that in the end the writer and producers will do what is best for the show. Maybe we will catch a break and DS will get a girl friend in the summer.
@huddycat "I really still want to believe that House and Cuddy will be together again and for "real" and "forever" at the end"
Me too, my friend. Me too...

@fran i love your analogies and ESPECIALLY your quote on solitude. so true in so many different ways and so very Housian. That's the way that Cuddy is too, in a way. She's known solitude her whole life and has a very hard time being close with people. One of the reasons she wanted Rachel was for unconditional love; Rachel would be a constant and steady source for affection from her and affection TO her. I think that a lot of people downplay the role of Cuddy's solitude and ineptness in the relationship area, including the TPTB!

@tammy "As she put it, "She lets House run around like a monkey in a banana factory 51 weeks out of a year."

Once again, you've really hit on something here. She DOES run a tight ship, and shes not really the most sympathetic and emotional person. But because we are following House (and sometimes Wilson) we get to see that side of her. But just this past week when she talked to Masters, and in the past with Chase, Foreman, and even Cameron, she's generally very serious and stern. HOUSE is the exception to her rule; HE is the only one she lets do what he wants, HE is the only one that gets away with stuff, HE is the only one that really knows her.

And i think that some of it does come from Mama Cuddy and some comes from experience. As someone who has grown quite cynical at times about love and life, it can lead you to doubt yourself, doubt people who love you, and doubt the validity of relationships to begin with. This is a journey and undertaking tht Cuddy is also struggling with and i wish that TPTB would address it a little more...
@HJ - Masters was suppose to be her "star" yet she could find no time for her.
Also she was comforting but still emotionally distant when Wilson lost Amber.
She has really only ever been emotionally accessible to anyone but House. You can go back through the seasons and you will be hard pressed to find her emotions accessible unless House was involved.
The only two exceptions I can think of is when a baby or child was involved and when the guy fell off her roof.

Again relate back how TPTB say, "how could they think these two would have worked?" How could we imagine them any other way but together? For 6 years that is what we have been shown and taught.

Either they are under the influence of narcotics or we have all been under the influence for 7 years. HMMMMMMMM
@HJ - Masters was suppose to be her "star" yet she could find no time for her. 
Also she was comfort
Various thoughts rolling about in my head. If Taub and his wife are currently in a non-traditional relationship and happy is that foreshadowing of House and Cuddy? Also bluehue mentioned the spoilers----warning siren--------------------- of the boxer, a profession in which head injuries are common. The team suspects House of taking another drug---is he having problems with a mental illness or cognition? And finally in the finale the teams discovers they may be unwitting participants in anothers performance art. Does this point to all the speculations theories of "we really are not certain but it feels as if Something strange is happening in Houseland." Are the others unwitting participants in House's mind/reality? If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it really fall? Why did House and Wilson's chicken cross the hallway? Tune in next week for House.
@huddyjoy “She's known solitude her whole life and has a very hard time being close with people... HOUSE is the exception to her rule”
You are right, her inability to express empathy after Amber's death had left me very puzzled. From this point of view House seems to be the most vulnerable. Weird.

@tammy – the Huddy family pic always melts my heart!
And about your hope “Maybe we will catch a break and DS will get a girl friend in the summer.”.....well, I wish him to find a beautiful girl willing to kiss him as he deserves XDDDDD
@huddyjoy “She's known solitude her whole life and has a very hard time being close with people...
@mysusp - Houseland is becoming an increasingly difficult puzzle to solve as if we were looking House through the heart’s eyes and TPTB were developing the character with a mind blind and deaf to any emotional suggestion. Weird as well. Let’s hope in a final, though not simple, explanation.

Anyway the “boxer” pic that you posted is helping me to forgive them everything! because my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak XDDDDD
House with the black-eye, the t-shirt with the lone wolf (or a tiger??) and that fighter attitude is putting me on my knees ;-))
@mysusp - Houseland is becoming an increasingly difficult puzzle to solve as if we were looking House
@tammy "The only two exceptions I can think of is when a baby or child was involved and when the guy fell off her roof."
Yes and in all cases House ended up directly involved because she needed him. Whenever she has moments of extreme weakness (such as Joy, Fetal Position, the one where Rachels a baby and she wont stop crying i forget the episode...lol, and Humpty Dumpty) we get to see a side of her that is warm/emotional because House pulls it out of her. No one else is capable of doing that; the only other time we see Cuddy very emotional is around Julia and Arlene which is family. Part of it i think is because, on some level, Cuddy knows that House is just like her she just doesn't want to ADMIT it.

@mysus very interesting thoughts indeed...it does seem to, again, go back to that idea of injury. im beginning to wonder if maybe there WILL be some sort of head injury involved. Maybe in "Moving On" we will get to see some more of House's subconscious. Remember in it was either Recession Proof or episode 12 (name escapes me again) when House was presented with Vicodin and he verified it for the team to make sure that it was legit? Well a few episodes later we have House back on Vicodin. So im starting to wonder if all this hallucination/head injury stuff is preluding the finale.

@fran "From this point of view House seems to be the most vulnerable. Weird."
I think that because House tries to close himself off, he comes off very vulnerable because people realize that the more you do that the more there are issues eating at you underneath it all. Same with Cuddy; they put on these fronts so that people will not see underneath and pity them or draw attention to the fact that they are hurting. But it makes them vulnerable to each other and makes these vulnerabilities clear to others.
tongue
Don't bother to read the David Shore tv guide interview. More of the same and he gives away key plot points for finale. Every interview I've heard this season reminds me of this:
@huddyjoy--- I've wondered if perhaps we get some kind of strange mind thing happening this season, House comes back to himself, realizes he's still screwed up, tells Cuddy he needs space and time because he's going to screw this up eventually and HE is the one who breaks up with Cuddy. With the David Show interview HUGE FINALE SPOILER AHEAD TURN BACK NOW

maybe they aren't getting back together because they've never been apart and plus House ends it?? If he ends it and there is a little hope for a season 8 reunion someday I will be okay. Or maybe something big and positive will happen and they've been throwing us off half a season so we will be blindsided. And then fairies and unicorns will bring everyone cotton candy. ;) Burning a candle of hope---only icon available is on the birthday cake
cake
@mysus i think im gonna have to read tht tv guide interview anyway...i find that when i read spoilers i freak out AHEAD of time and then can enjoy the show. "Bombshells" was such a "bombshell" that it took me like a week to recover haha.

and that is a VERY interesting theory. that HE is the one to end it. huh. i like that better because we know for certain that he loves cuddy, AND it would give us reason to hope that he would get them back together. cuddy ending it makes it seem much more definitive. i actually hope it comes true now! i doubt that they are still together; DS made that very clear. but where would the hallucinations start and real life begin? or vice versa? *adopts thinking pose*

and pssst! here is your birthday cake! ;)
over a year ago maggiemay23 said…
See Ausiello Spoiler!
smile
Hello sweet peeps! Catching up a bit...

@HLforever, Good to C U. Ha, lady “gah-gah” on so many theories. I like yer faith & end of story!

@hudcalfan, Congrats on being fan of the week..you’re a star!

@hudcat, Fascinating ideas you have, NOT insane. Hope you sleep better.

@tammy & @HudJoy, Interesting analysis on the Cuddy & Arlene front. (Cuddy often baffles me). Well, also wondering if mom is crazy for suing PPTH or is just acting that way & really has ulterior motive, like “super mom” is here to save the day.

@fran, Thanks for your quotation mood & following up with Thomas Wolfe’s, “Look Homeward Angel.” Those beautiful, meaningful lines are just so damn true, it hurts.

Your “stages of courtly love,” reads like a Huddy checklist..ha. It’s ALL there, amazing.
1. Attraction..eyes/glance = check yes!!
6. Moans...lovesickness, like that (H)ouse promo pic..his heart totally exposed.
8. More of this one please.
9. Endless adventures..and or more hallucinations, D. Shore’s Housian subterfuge.

@mysusp, Clucking chuckling at your “House & Wilson chicken crossing the hallway.”

Ooh..I’ll read over your “turn back now..spoiler” looking comments next time.
Thinking about the “brain injury” theory. This “If I Only Had A Brain” pic-drawing reminds me a little of “Bombshells,” that Wizard of Oz. stuff..Scarecrow..Zombie..or maybe I’m stuck in a cyclone. Later.
Hello sweet peeps!  Catching up a bit...

@HLforever, Good to C U. Ha, lady “gah-gah” on so many
@BH Love your zombie picture! I'm currently writing my political philosophy paper on the eventual zombie apocalypse. ill let you know how that goes...as long as zombies dont get to me in the meantime! om nom nom!

I read the latest aussiello spoiler and it looks both interesting and scary to say the least.
***SPOILER ALERT BELOW WWEEEEOOOOO WWEEEOOOO SPOILER ALERT BELOW!***

1). Something "tragic" is gonna happen to House. Great. What I think the possibilities left to us are
a) His mom or real dad dies. But would that totally destroy him? Idk...
b) he gets diagnosed with something. but isnt that a bit ridiculous? 13's been diagnosed already.
I cant think of anything else it could be. ideas?

2) There will be "meaty" Huddy scenes in the season finale but not in the way that we think: Ok. This one gets me. It means that we would be expecting sex and stuff so im guessing that their scenes will be deep but not sexually intimate. Unless, of course, this goes back to the theory that things are a hallucination which means we may get some meaty things and they dont turn out to be real.
Thoughts anyone? I gotta get to class; will be digesting this in the process. *Burps!*
cool
@huddyjoy - totally agree about the vulnerability
@mysusp – your Scrubs video is so crazy that it fits perfectly XDDDDD
@bh - your pic is so wonderfully disturbing ;-)))) I like it!

Do you know that now I can read you spoilers without pain because I do not believe in anything of what they say??!!! ....aaaahhhhh.........good riddance!
And because of this I'm tempted to go back to my old hypothesis: what has happened in order to Help Me (end) and Now What....it never happened for real. I know that is insane to think in this way but then maybe this season was not insane? why should we believe DS when he says that Huddy really happened?
I think the story would be much more straightforward if at the end of Help Me House had taken vicodin .... and he was in a “wakeful” comatose way .... and Cuddy had really gone to his home only to find him unconscious.... and this was the foundation of season 7, so far.
And the title of the first episode of season 7 should have been “Why Not”.
I feel justified in my delirium because if the writers are delirious, well ... I'm delirious too ;-) Now it's becoming a struggle among those who shoot the biggest nonsense XDDDDD

So, my ultimate speculation: NO Huddyrelationship – NO Huddylove – NO Huddycuddles – NO Huddykisses – NO Huddysex!
Nothing happened and the best is yet to come(and do not try to make me change my mind because I remain adamant) XDDDDD
@huddyjoy - totally agree about the vulnerability 
@mysusp – your Scrubs video is so crazy that it
@HJ completely agree with what you said about Cuddy, great analysis
love the way you express her vulnerability, she's just like House indeed : two screwed up people, smart and brilliant in their job, but some kind of "looser" when they have to deal with deep relationship

@fran your theory about the gasp between Help me and Now what is really interesting, it can explain some "weird" attitudes.

Well, like usual all we have to do is :
- elaborate new delirious theories
- try to fit the spoiler and what TPTB said in interviews with our insane theories
- rewatch season 7 with different points of view
- wait for next ep
@HJ completely agree with what you said about Cuddy, great analysis 
love the way you express her vul
I cant think of anything else it could be. ideas?

Things that would totally freak House out?

1.Losing Cuddy
2.Losing Wilson
3.Losing his rational mind

So if he convinces himself that Cuddy and Wilson are together because he does have some damage to his brain then he would be losing everything that means something to him.

but where would the hallucinations start and real life begin? or vice versa? *adopts thinking pose*

OK I posted a small article below this that describes what a second round of chicken pox can do to an "adult" brain. We have "A Pox On Our House" in which House could have been infected with "R Pox". In "Larger than Life" the POTW had "Chicken Pox" In "Office Politics" the patient had Hepatitus. All three left untreated can damage the brain.

The serial killer had a weird sense of smell and in the article below that can also be one of the symptoms of the brain being infected with one of these three illnesses.

The bull rider and his case of "missing moment"s along with the theme of "Now What" being played always stood out to me and this is the episode after the break-up.

"You Must Remember This". Well the title and the patient just speak for its self.

Looking at the promos for Changes House's hair and demeanor look a little bit like he did in "UMS" and "BSN". I always thought he looked a little like a "Mad Scientist"

The most common symptoms of viral encephalitis include a severe headache, a fever and alterations in the patient's mental status. The Merck Manual explains that patients often will develop seizures. Olfactory seizures (which are manifested by the patient detecting foul odors, such as rotten eggs, that are not actually present) are indicative of herpes encephalitis. Viral encephalitis is usually diagnosed using an MRI of the brain as well as a testing of the patient's cerebrospinal fluid.

So if this seems a bit scattered well it is somewhat. But the more I think about it the more it begins to add up.

@Fran2, @BH, @HJ, @HC, @huddycat, @HH, @mysuspicionis i am unsuspendending my cynicism and going way out here:

Here is the horrible part that I am thinking might happen that might be unforgivable. If House does crash his car at Cuddy's or inside of Cuddy's will she get hurt? Will Rachel get hurt? What happened that would make him drive his car into Cuddy's? (Again going back to a "Wuddy" relationship)Whether or not they are actually having a relationship doesn't matter if House's mental state is somehow compromised he could imagine anything. Let's face it that mariachi band we have seen with House and Cuddy dancing.

@fran sometimes i think that we all need to stay a little delirious to keep some sanity. ive turned myself into too much of an optimist to be able to deal with too much bad news at once. i really hope that the finale is not bad news, more bad news, and still more bad news but that there will be something good, something we can possibly grab onto.

@tammy again, i love your speculations. very insightful, yet all plausible.

1) Wuddy "relationship": This i think would probably translate into one of Houses biggest fears, i agree. His best friend and the woman he loves getting together and then no longer needing him, leaving him in the dust. Ouch. Remember in "Baggage" he was already worried that they were conspiring against him and that was when cuddy was dating lucas.
2)I really hope the drunk driving stuff or the hitting cuddy or rachel stuff is not what happens, i think that would be a little too over the top. i think i read somewhere that house gets dealt "devastating news" and i have a feeling that will lead directly to whatever happens in "Moving On."
3)I think your medical stuff adds up, as does the POTWs illnesses and such. still, tho, i have a hard time believing that TPTB thought this out THAT well. Generally, in the past, the elaboration only stems back like 3 or 4 episodes never an entire 8 episode arc or longer. the medical stuff is genius, but could they really have thought all of this out that in depth?
over a year ago Layla_Rib said…
@ fran, I agree with all your hypothesis. If we remember the episode where House gets shot and hallucinates throughout an episode for a brief period of time (the time of the shooting until the moment he regained consciousness in the way of the surgical unit) then imagine what would happen over a longer period as in a coma or something like that? We would Have a big delirium called "season 7"