Courtney is the lucky girl this month that won FOTM for this spot. I think we can all agree that she deserves this honour with the amazing icons/images she has added to this spot. On with the interview...
1. Jongrats! You are the newest Jate FOTM! How do you feel? -Thank you! It feels amazing! I’m such a huge fan of Jate, and to be considered worthy of this honor by all the Jisters on this spot, it feels pretty great.
Chuck Bass and Jack Shephard are my fictional soulmates.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself. -My name is Courtney! I live in Alaska. I’m obsessed with Television. Chuck Bass and Jack Shephard are my fictional soulmates. I’m really in to learning new languages, I’m fluent in Spanish and I’m currently learning French. I have one more year before I’m off to college, and hopefully that college will be in Seattle, Washington. And as of three months ago, I am a vegan. Bored yet?
3. How high does Jate rank in your list of favorite couples? -OTP of all OTPs! And every other couple I ship is pretty much eating their dust.
I liked them right from the very start.
4. What attracted you to LOST in the first place and kept you watching? What made it special to you (if it did)? -Well, I found out about LOST through Lucy. I saw her raving about it, and then she was showing me pictures of Matthew Fox, and that pretty much sealed the deal. There are so many reasons that kept me watching, this show is seriously flawless. I liked pretty much every character, the storylines where always intriguing and made you want to watch the next episode ASAP, the scenery is obviously gorgeous, I got attached to so many relationships.
I really can’t pin down why exactly this show is so special to me, but it really is. It’s got such a big place in my heart. Let’s just put it this way: The last time we had a really big earthquake, I jumped out of bed and the first thing I grabbed was my Lost Complete Collection DVD box set.
5. When you started to like them, which scene made you a shipper? -I liked them right from the very start. Their first scene blew me away and I just loved the way they played of each other. But I wouldn’t say I really came to ship them until The Moth hug. I was sold after that.
6. Are they your favourite LOST couple? Do you have any other favourite LOST couples? -Definitely. I pretty much ship all the cannon couples on the show. But my second love is Suliet. They are so perfect to me, and I love that Juliet whipped Sawyer into shape. Sawyer=little spoon!
They are so perfect to me, and I love that Juliet whipped Sawyer into shape.
7. As a Jater how do you feel about: Skate: I don’t really feel anything for them. The appeal is completely lost on me, but there was really nothing there for me to hate.
Sawyer: It took awhile for me to warm up to him, but by season 5 he was one of my favorite characters.
Jacket: Guilty pleasure. Love them.
Juliet: HBIC OF ALL HBICs! I’ve never loved a female character so much, ever. If only all female character were at least half as awesome as her.
Suliet: I loooove them. Second favorite couple on the show, and I ship them hard. They complement each other so well.
8. Who is your favourite, Jack or Kate and why? What’s so great about them? -JACK! I can’t even put how much I love him into words, because anything I say would not do the man justice. He’s so amazing, I love every single thing about him. I pretty much rated all the other character in LOST by how they treated him. If you cross Jack, I hate you, until Jack forgives you. It makes me sad when I remember he isn’t real and his daddy issues turn me on!
9. Have you always believed they would be end game? Was there any point during your LOST journey that you didn’t think they would be? -Well, I didn’t start watching LOST until the show was over, so I kinda cheated. But putting that aside, there really was never a time that I felt like Jate’s endgame was in danger, except for maybe a little in season 2. That was totally Skate’s season, which wasn’t cool. Honestly, I really don’t know how anyone thought they wouldn’t be endgame. The signs are all there.
Honestly, I really don’t know how anyone thought they wouldn’t be endgame. The signs are all there.
10. What is your ultimate Jate moment and why? -The look they give each other in The Incident right before Jack drops the bomb. I love it so much, it gives me chills every time I watch it(which has been a lot). Plus I feel like that was the biggest moment that signaled endgame. They looked at the one they truly loved right before they could have possibly died or never even knew each other. That’s pretty telling if you ask me.
11. Is there any other couples out there that you feel can be compared to Jate? -No. I mean, there are couples I love so much it hurts my insides: Chair, Polivia, & Romione. But Jate is just on a totally different level than them. Comparing them would be a disservice to Jate.
12. The most Emotional moment: “I couldn’t find you.” That whole scene had me bawling and my Jate loving heart exploded.
Saddest moment: 4x10 break-up.
Happiest moment: The Proposal.
Funniest moment: “Are you checking me out?”
Sexiest moment: 316 Jex!
Cutest moment: “Because I love you.”
Unexpected moment: In the season 3 finale, when we find out the ‘flashbacks’ are actually flashforwards when Kate shows up. I flipped when I saw her.
13. Define Jate in... One word: Epic!
One song: I hate to be so obvious, but Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine
One movie: The Titanic.
One color: Purple. I’m not sure why, but whenever I think about them the color purple just pops into my brain.
One season: Fall. Perfect season, perfect Jate.
One object: Walky-talky.
One place: Catalina Island. It’s my favorite place I’ve ever been and I could totally see Jate vacationing there.
One food: Some type of fruit. Maybe a mango.
One animal: Lion.
One job: Ehhh, doctor? I’m not sure on that one.
One day of the week: Friday.
One month: October. Because it’s when my birthday is and I just love that time of year, so it’s perfect just like Jate.
One drink: Margaritas!
One number: 23. lol
“WE HAVE TO GO BACK!”
14. Your favourite... Kiss – 316 kiss
Hand-holding – When they sit down in the church, in The End.
Angsty moment – “WE HAVE TO GO BACK!”
Look – In The Incident, right before Jack drops the bomb.
Hot moment – Hallway Jex
Flirty moment – “Are you checking me out?”
Quote – “I have always been with you!”
Season – Umm, Season 3.
Episode – The End
15. Describe Jate in 1-5 words for each season -S1: The Perfect Beginning
S2: Trying to push away feelings
S3: Acknowledging those feelings
S4: Angsty rollercoaster
S6: Never ending love
16. If you could change anything about Jate, would you change anything? Why? -The only thing I would ever change about Jate is that I would have wanted more of them. I wanted to see more of their happy lives off-island and such. But I guess that will be left to my imagination.
17. Would you add anything to Jate’s story? -I think their story is flawless just the way it is, I wouldn’t want to add anything and ruin that.
18. Favourite Jate related quote said by a Lost character that isn't Jack or Kate? - Hurley: Yeah? What happened to you guys? I thought you were gonna get married and have like a dozen kids.
Jack: Guess I wasn’t cut out for it.
Hurley: Really? I think you’d make a great dad.
Hurley is such a shipper. Him and Juliet totally knew Jate was fate.
Hurley is such a shipper.
19. Favourite Jate related quote said by Evie or/and Foxy? - ”Kate couldn’t make the choice to take that risk if it weren’t for the fact that she has never been able to help herself be madly in love with Jack.” – Evie
“It`s like two ships constantly passing in the night, but they are really connected through time and space almost.” – Foxy
20. Favourite Jate related quote said by one of the producers? -“You could put Jack and Kate on a New York City street and have them pass each other at rush hour on a Wednesday morning. And they would stop and turn, slowing to watch each other go by. They know each other within the context of a universal recognition. They have met before this life. And, they will meet again, in another.” -Damon
21. Favourites per season (S1): Best cute scene: So many adorable scenes to choose from! I guess I’ll go with the guava seed moment.
Best hot scene: “Are you checking me out?”
Best angsty scene: The toy plane scene in 1x12
Best Quote: “You’re not running now.” <3
Best episode: House of the Rising Sun
Best anti!Skate moment: “Are you comparing yourself to Jack?” BURN!
(S2) Best cute scene: Playing golf!
Best hot scene: Getting caught in a net!
Best angsty scene: First kiss
Best Quote: “I’m sorry I kissed you.” “I’m not.”
Best episode: S.O.S
Best anti!Skate moment: Instead of helping Sawyer, she leaves him on the floor and kisses Jack instead. At least she’s got her priorities straight.
(S3) Best cute scene: “Because I love you!”
Best hot scene: TMFT!
Best angsty scene: We have to go back!
Best Quote: “We have to go back, Kate.”
Best episode: TMFT!
Best anti!Skate moment: When Kate is retelling the story from their first meeting to Jack over the walky-talky. She’s crying and getting all emotional, and Sawyer is just standing there like ‘Uhh…’
Because I love you
(S4) Best cute scene: Jack reading to Aaron as Kate watches. So much fluff in that one scene, I almost died.
Best hot scene: Hallway Jex!
Best angsty scene: The courtroom scene.
Best Quote: "I'm so glad you changed your mind, I'm so glad you are here!"
Best episode: Something Nice Back Home. Everything about it is flawless.
Best anti!Skate moment: “I have always been with you.” Yeah, and people still thought Skate could have endgame. Ha.
(S5) Best cute scene: When Jack runs up to her car in The Little Prince. They discuss his Jeard(RIP) and are just being all cute.
Best hot scene: 316 Jex!
Best angsty scene: Jepic ‘WE’RE SO OBVIOUSLY ENDGAME’ look in The Incident, right before Jack drops the bomb.
Best Quote: “It was not all misery.”
Best episode: The Incident
Best anti!Skate moment: Kate was dead set on not going back to the island, which is where Sawyer was. LOL
(S6) Best cute scene: Being all cute in the Church in The End
Best hot scene: Cliff kiss
Best angsty scene: “I missed
Best Quote: "I hope you find what you're looking for."
Best episode: The End
Best anti!Skate moment: This whole season was a big flashing anti!skate sign. Jate having universal recognition, which Skate have long scenes together in the police station and NOTHING. Kate flipping her shit when Jack jumped off the boat, she seemed a bit more upset than when Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter… Kate worried about finding Jack, “I couldn’t find you”, not even giving a second glance to Sawyer’s unconscious body. Oh, and Jate getting MOTHERFUCKIN’ ENDGAME!
22. Your favourite: Jate video – link
Jate vidder - pruedens
Jate fanfiction (if you have read any) – Don’t read Jate fanfiction
Jate fanfiction author (again if you have read any) – See above.
Jate icon - link
Jate pick from fanpop - link
Jate article - link
Jate picture - link
23. Most ridiculous anti!Jate comment you have read?
[i]-Haters say a lot of absurd things, but I just can’t get over when people say that Jate’s endgame came out of nowhere and they had no build-up. What show were you watching?! They had amazing build-up, right from their first meeting in the pilot. I guess when you’re so bitter your couple didn’t get endgame, your selective memory kicks in.
24. 5 favourite words from Jictionary? Jexytimes
25. You get to take one scene from each of these couples, which scene do you take?
Skate: Hmmm. I don’t particularly care for any of their scenes, so I wouldn’t really want to give Jate any of them. Well, I guess I’ll give them the helicopter kiss, just not have Jack jump out. lol
Suliet: Yellow flower scene.
Charlie/Claire: The peanut butter scene!
Desmond/Penny: The letter. Wasn’t that just the sweetest thing ever?
Sun/Jin: Remembering scene.
Jack/Juliet: The aloe leaves scene.
Boone/Shannon: Uh, I honestly don’t remember any significant scene with them except for their bickering and that one time they had sex, which was weird. Can I pass on this one?
Sayid/Shannon: Fire kiss.
26. Is there a scene from a couple that isn’t from LOST you would like to steal for Jate, if yes, who? -There is really nothing that I can think of that would fit Jate.
27. If you could, would you steal Jack from Kate? -HELL TO THE YES! Does that make me a bad Jate fan? Well, I don’t care, because I’d have Jack and that’s all that matters. lol
28. You get to choose: Jaby or a wedding? And why? -Jaby! A wedding would be nice of course, but I’d love a Jamily more. After so much angst, they deserve to have an eternity of fluff with a cute little baby!
29. Scenario: It is Jate anniversary. What would be the perfect way to spend it (from morning to night)? -Well, they’d need to start out with some morning jex. Then they would have breakfast in bed, be all cuddly, and maybe watch some TV for the rest of the morning. Then they’d go out into town and have lunch at a cute little café, and go around town looking at cool stuff(Idk, lol). They’d go home and Jack would make an amazing dinner, they’d exchange gifts. And of course end the day with a few rounds of anniversary jex!
they’d need to start out with some morning jex.
30. Has there ever been a moment that Jack and/or Kate have annoyed you? -Jack? No. Kate? Yes, like 95% of the time. I have a really, really hard time liking female characters and she has a lot of the qualities of why I dislike female characters usually. She’s so fickle, it drives me nuts.
31. What is Jack’s biggest flaw? -In my opinion, Jack’s biggest flaw is that he’s always so hard on himself. He doesn’t give himself enough credit and is in a constant state of fear that he’s going to fail. I guess that’s what happens when you have a daddy like Christian Shephard.
32. What is Kate’s biggest flaw? -Her indecisiveness. I guess that goes with her running away all the time thing.
33. Which of the two characters had the most interesting flashbacks/flashforwards episodes? -Jack. Although I really liked Kate’s flashbacks too.
34. How would you go about trying to turn non-Jaters into Jate fans? -First I would make them watch all my favorite Jate fanvids. If you aren’t a Jater after that, you’ve got something seriously wrong with you. Then I would remind them that Jack and Kate were each others 1st choice and it’d be silly not to want them with the loves of their lives. And how they would have never been truly happy without the other. Finally I’d make them rewatch Jate’s scenes in The End. If they aren’t a Jater by then, they are a hopeless cause.
35. Evie or Matthew and why? -Foxy! Love of my life and future father of my children. I do love Evie as well though.
36. Favorite characters from LOST in general? -JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
37. Scenario 2: Jate are off the island and living together. How many jabies would you like them to have, do they have any pets, does Kate work, where, etc. -I want them to be living out of LA. Maybe somewhere more remote in Northern California. They’d have a really snazzy house with a huge lawn for the Jaby to play in. Only one Jaby. Maybe I’m stuck in the Aaron days, but seeing them with more than one kid is just weird to me. They have a dog, golden retriever. Jack’s being a BAMF doctor of course. I think it’d be pretty cool if Kate was a lawyer’s assistant or something like that. She’d be good at that. I want them to be the poster for the perfect family, the epitome of juff!
38. Who wears the pants in their relationship? -They share the pants in the relationship. That’s what makes them so awesome together!
39. What did you think about the end? What did you like/dislike? -It was perfection. I know some people were mad about questions not getting answered and so forth, but that’s what I love about LOST. They left so much to your imagination. And it’s really helped the pain of no more LOST, because I’m still to this day trying to figure stuff out in my head and coming up with theories. Endgames were exactly what I had hoped for. I still bawl every time I watch it. THE END WAS FLAWLESS AND PERFECT AND I DON’T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!
40. Anything else you want to add? -Thank you for doing this Katie! It was a lovely interview. And thank you to everyone who voted for me. Like I said at the top, being considered worthy of FOTM by the girls here at this spot is a huge honor. ETERNAL ENDGAME BITCHES!
First off congratulations Irene, you really deserve this <3 I had fun asking you questions & seeing what your reply is.
1. Jongrats Irene! You won Jate FOTM, how does it feel?(: It feels great! I feel so happy that I won, I have never won FOTM in any club and the fact that I won it at the Jate spot makes it so special! Thanks to all who voted me!
2. Tell all the lovely Jaters a little something about yourself? Well, what can I say? I am 17, I go to school, I love my friends, music and books. And I want Jack in my life (don’t we all?).
So after that finale, it was hard to resist writing a fanfic, lol. This is set from the time that Kate left the island to the time of her death. It's my very first fanfic, so go easy on me, haha!
Kate held onto Claire's hand and carried on looking straight ahead. "Hey, are you okay?" Claire's voice sounded innocent; she really was happy to be leaving. "I'm fine," she replied, looking up at her and giving a forced smile. Kate couldn't feel angry at Claire for being happy. She was going to be reunited with the one thing she loved the most in the world after all those years. But when will I get...
I think everyone has their own reasons to ship Jack and Kate, and here are mine :)
8.) Verbal Copulation Pretty much everything Jack and Kate say to each other defines why I love them. Since Season 1 their love/hate conversations were the main reason I wanted them to end up together. From funny quotes: "Being told not to come along. Now you know what it feels like to be me." "Does that mean I should wait 20 minutes and go anyway?" "Touche!" To angst quotes: "Goodbye, Jack." "We have to go back, Kate!" Jack and Kate are arguably the couple on Lost with the best dialogue.