Jack and Kate Jater Chat - Pull up a chair and relax with a glass of guava juice!

velvet_fox posted on Feb 16, 2009 at 07:35PM
Thought we could have a chat thread to talk all about Jack and Kate, Lost or any other subject on anything that takes your fancy! So lets make ourselves comfy shall we?

Jack and Kate 41 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago LostPB said…
heart
They are truely the best couple on Lost.
over a year ago velvet_fox said…
heart
ITA! The couple with the most screentime, the most meaningful, emotional scenes, it's hard to believe some people don't think they're the OTP. :/
over a year ago LostPB said…
People think they are the worst couple and I don't know why.
hmmm
I think it's because Jack is so hated. Idk. Makes no sense to me.

Anyway I'm trying to decide which icons I'd like to put forward for the new spot icon, trouble is there's so many great ones I can't decide! :/
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
It's beyond belief why someone would prefer Skate to Jate! Yeah okay they have "chemistry", but Kate doesn't even love Sawyer! She just got with him to get back and Jack :p

Ooh I know, there's so many great icons out there :)
over a year ago frsbg said…
Yeah! You're right! And I don't understand why Skaters hate Jack so much! He's such a great person (and character). I'm a Jater, and I actually like Sawyer character really much (I just don't like he and Kate.. Jate are meant to be since the frist episode). And I know a lot of Jater's who feel the same way! Maybe skaters hate Jack because they know that Kate really loves Jack! It's the only answer I can find!
kiss
frsbg I think you've hit the nail on the head there. A lot of Skaters tend to be Sawyer fans first, so want him to get the girl he loves (as it were) and that's shown to be Kate. Yet sadly for them Jack has been continuously shown as the most important person to Kate on the island, the person who's side she will never leave (not even for Sawyer) and people hate on him for it and try to find fault with everything he does to justify Sawyer being the "better" guy for Kate. Though imo it's not about who's right or wrong, or does good or bad, it's about who Kate falls in love with. As her mother said in 3x15 "you can't choose who you love." Kate can't help the fact she loves Jack, even as an alcoholic, junkie she can't get over him and goes back to a place she despised because he's going there and she can't leave him. She maybe even possibly chose to give up Aaron for Jack! Though that is something we cannot claim or confirm as we don't know yet, but it's a possibility! Which is huge!

And blah about Skate chemistry we've heard it all before and yeah I agree it's there, it's strong, but Jate have such a fierce emotional chemistry that it trumps cutesy flirting and hot asthetic cage sex every time. Jate is deep it's layered there is so much more than attraction, it's meaty, it's angsty, it's flirty, it has everything and it's beautiful. Compare say a Jate angsty scene to a Skate one and it's so obvious which relationship has more substance. Just look at Kate leaving Jack in NIP (walkie scene) to Kate leaving Sawyer in Eggtown. She was a mess in the former, the latter, well she just left, shed no tears and went back to (you guessed it) Jack. She knew very well that could be the last time she ever saw Sawyer and zippo on the emotional front, but with Jack it was like her heart was being ripped from her chest, her world was being falling apart all around her! So go figure.

Anyway ramble over I have a headache! :( And no new HouseMD tonight, so I have nothing fandom wise to occupy my brain.

Do you guys think we'll get Jate this week? I'm kind of expecting Skate, but I dunno, it really depends on if the writers have seriously started to wind this triangle down, which I think they have, but I don't want to get my hopes up as we've been burned as Jaters before. :/
over a year ago white_rose said…
smile
agree with all of you guys !!and the ep last night was amazing!!
the death quadrangle is finelly dying!!Can you deleive it!!
laugh
Seriously I effin love Suliet!

They are like Jate... but blonde, all the "got your back" talk was so Jatey!

Outlaws ♥ Doctors.

I can't quite believe how accepted they've been in the fandom, I've seen loads of Skaters jump ship and that to me is shocking! Jaters didn't jump on the Jacket band wagon when it appeared, we stood fast with our ship!
heart
yes!you bet we did!!
cause jate is fate hun!!!
kiss
*nods* Yep indeedy they are!

I just watched Phantom of the Opera for the millionth time, the Raoul/Christine/Phantom triangle always reminds me of Jack/Kate/Sawyer and who did Christine/Kate love and end up with? Oh that's right RAOUL/JACK! :D :D :D
cool
VF i need you to put the pick for the icon as soon as possible cause "pip_ku" who made the spot contacted me and she is welling to change the icon and the banner too.so let's get going!!!
kiss
Woah, woah, woah I don't have anything sorted yet! Does it have to be soon? Does anyone else want to do it? I won't be around this weekend I am sadly going to a funeral in Leeds tomorrow.

Lol and I didn't know we were changing the banner! I hadn't even thought about that!
sad
honestly I didn't think about the banner either!! I'll leave the pick for you I don't have lots of icons , but I'll look around and see what i can do, if I found something I'll put the pick if not we'll just wait for you.
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
There's so many great Jack and Kate icons, it's hard to find them all! :)
If we're changing the banner too I think it should be matching to the icon :D
over a year ago sahour95 said…
smile
I think if we want to make a banner we should put it in a forum,let the fans make banners then we vote to the best banner and make it the spot banner.That would be easy since we can put images on the forum
White_Rose if you need any help finding icons just ask!! ;)
heart
ok thanks actually I need any help that possible, I can't decide which icons I should put!!all of them are very great!! any suggestion???
I'm gussing maybe :

ok thanks actually I need any help that possible, I can't decide which icons I should put!!all of the
or this:
or this:
or this:
or this:
or this one : please tell me what you think guys and add more if you like
or this one : please tell me what you think guys and add more if you like
kiss
Yeah I'd definitely go for something more recent in the timeline of Jack and Kate...or maybe something from the UK promo as that whole ad campaign is gorgeous and timeless.
I'm now going icon hunting! See what there is....
Yeah I'd definitely go for something more recent in the timeline of Jack and Kate...or maybe somethin
This one credit onebreath:
last edited over a year ago
This one credit onebreath:
This one credit lulinhak:
This one credit lulinhak:
Yeah... Their all great... you can put them all in a pick and let the fans choose!! Besides they could add new ones..
Made the pick! :)
I aldso have this icon... If you wanna add
I aldso have this icon... If you wanna add
And this one too..
And this one too..
I can just add one! :/
kiss
Added the other one frsbg! :)
heart
great icons good job everybody!!
kiss
Yes thanks for getting us kickstarted W_R!

And I just realised no LOST this week! D: We haven't had like Jate for 3 weeks!
sad
yes!!that is soo dispointing!! I kind of miss them, I hope in the next ep there will be more focusing on them.
I really wanna know what's next, now after they "you know" have sex...
Seriously I bet Kate's pregnant. I'm anxious to how Kate will react to Suliet though. I'd liked to think she'll be fine with it, but knowing the writers and the triangle I'm worried we'll have to watch some forced jealousy on her part. Urgh.
angry
yes I'm afraid from this too and I don't want the writers to ruin jate anymore, so i am freaking out allready. I don't want any feelings between kate and sawyer I'm going to cry now, seriously stop it jate and suliet is the best way for everybody..and I think that Kate is pregnant too..
WOOT new episode tonight!! *hands round some Jate cake* And Jack and Kate are going to be in it! So we'll hopefully get a scene or too as it seems like aeons since we had any Jate! :D

Hope you guys are all well!
big smile
heyyy guys !!we changed the icon!
It's time we change the banner too!!
Yes, you're right.. This one is too old!!
By the way, the icon looks great :D
laugh
Thanks for getting the icon changed W_R looks wonderful! :D

Sorry I've been awol for almost two weeks. Been away and won't be back til next week - I'm using a friends internet access. But I'll pop up with a banner or somethng when I return.

Secondly I haven't been able to watch LOST yet was there any Jateryness?

x
crying
you are welcome guys, I noticed that you have been apsent we have missed your voice in the Jate spot!!

about thae ep it was sooo dispionting !!there isn't any Jateryness in tha hole ep!!