Okay, I have been wondering about this for such a long time. And now, I absolutely want an answer!!
I have been Team Switzerland since the end of New Moon. I really like both Edward and Jacob, and I have no huge problems with them. (Well, ok, there's one issue I have with both but it evens out the score and I am not getting into those). But after some point, I began to wonder...which team would I be on if I really had to choose? It soon became something important for me to know, and every time I see a fanpick saying "Are You Team Edward or Team Jacob" or something similar to that, it brings me back to this frustrating question. I'm totally confused on Team Switzerland, so could someone help me out...
Am I Team Edward Cullen, or Team Jacob Black?
Here's what I like about the characters individually;
- Of course I'll acknowledge how handsome he is :)
- He is the perfect gentleman. He treats people with huge amount of respect, even those who dislike him; Charlie Swan was pretty brutal towards Edward after New Moon, yet Edward kept his temper even and was only polite. He was also pretty civil towards Mike, especially in Eclipse when he offered to help Mike fix his car. Now isn't that admirable in a guy? =D
- Edward is actually one of the most romantic fictional characters I know. I don't think I have to go over the charming, sweet, heart-warming moments he has with Bella. LOL :)
- Edward has amazing devotion towards Bella. He will do anything to keep her safe. He risked his life and also his family's life to protect Bella, and demolished anyone (James, Victoria) that posed a threat towards his true love. He would spend the whole night in Bella's bedroom just to be with her, and made sure nothing he did would harm her. He was even willing to take the life of his first born child to keep Bella alive (which was something I absolutely didn't approve of but hey, he loves her that much!)!!
- Speaking of a child, if it wasn't for Edward being chosen by Bella, there would be no Renesmee. Renesmee is one of my most favorite characters *_*
- It looks like Edward can be a little shy sometimes. I like shyness in a guy :)
That's what I like about Edward.
- Jacob, after four years of me never liking a guy or being interested in one, was the first boy I actually called "Hot!"
- I like his personality; he's jubilant, cheerful, outgoing, compassionate, loving, and devoted to those he cares about. Which is something most girls like to see in boys.
- This may sound weird, but when I heard Jacob speak in the New Moon trailer, his voice attracted me. LOL, I don't know what it was, but I just liked his voice in a weird way.
- I felt empathetic towards him during times where Bella..well, clearly rejected him for Edward. At the end of Eclipse when he changed into his wolf form to run away from Forks, my heart was broken and I had tears in my eyes I was so hurt for the poor boy. And when a friend of mine described a scene in New Moon with him, Edward, and Bella, it was so sad it left a small yet present pain in my heart. I think if I have sympathy towards a character, there's some kind of connection present.
- Like Edward, Jacob endlessly cares for Bella. He was there when Edward left in New Moon (I don't hold this against Edward, I sort of understand that he thought he was doing what was best for her) and changed her from such an unhappy, depressed, emotionally wounded creature to her old self, only she was a lot more happier and cheerful. Jacob never completely lost hope when Bella returned from Volterra, Italy with Edward and she made it clear who she preferred. He even said he knew there was a part of her that loved him, and he said something similar to this, "As long as your heart keeps beating, I won't give up!"
- Jacob has an adventurous side, which would be extremely fun for a boy to have.
- I love people with senses of humor! Jacob made plenty of jokes (especially the "Does my being half-naked bother you?" statement and the blonde jokes directed at Rosalie) that made me burst out laughing. The titles of the chapters that were told in his point of view were even a little funny (except for the clearly somewhat depressed ones).
And that's what I love about Jacob.
As you can see, I am so stuck X(
Can someone please help me out?
What do you think?
Team Edward or Team Jacob
(Please don't say, "Stay Team Switzerland.")