Jemi High School Reunion

DemiJones posted on Oct 02, 2009 at 12:59PM
Pairing: Jemi

Characters: Demi, Joe, and made up of Demi's classmates

Rating: PG

Summary: Joe accompanies his wife to her high school reunion and someone gets much needed revenge

Author's Notes: Please review. I don't own anybody except Demi's classmates. Enjoy.

Joe came home after a hard day of hitting the studio for another taping of the fourth season of Jonas to find his beloved wife silently crying on the couch but trying to hide it from him when she noticed that he was home. She was trying to hide a small envelope underneath her sweater. He dropped his keys on the side table and rushed over to her side determined to find out what had made his girl so sad.

"What's up buttercup? I keep telling you honey,if it is junk mail then just get throw it out, it is not special enough to keep" Joe tried to crack a joke to see if he could get his wife to smile but all it got a small smile from his wife. He knew that she would tell him eventually what was really bothering her and what the letter was, all he had to do was be patient and supportive because whatever was contained in that letter was obviously bad as why else would a strong women like his Demi cry and try to hide the evidence from him.

"Sweetheart if it is a hate letter, just remember that some people don't have anything better to do then write letters about how much they hate so somebody famous because they are jealous of an actor's life and talent and want to vent their frustrations that they can't have the same life. It has nothing to do with you, some people are just cruel. You have so many people, including your loyal fans and family who love you and support you." Joe tried another route of what might be bugging his girl. Why people write mean letters to anybody they don't like besides just ignoring them and focusing on the people they do like and writing nice letters to them skipped him.

"No it isn't a hate mail or junk mail, it is even worse. It is a invitation to my high school reunion or to where I would call an invitation to the place-where-it-seemed-like-everyone-made-m­y-l­ife­-a-­liv­ing­- hell. When I got it it burst open the floodgates of memories of hiding in the bathroom and crying to my mom each night cause everyone treated me like a disease, an outsider that not even the teachers would help. Thank god I had Selenie as my protector or I don't know what I would do" Demi finally stuttered out while trying to hold back the tears the images that her words conjured up brought a fresh load of tears to her eyes.

Joe gathered his Demi in his arms, that seemed all he could do to try to protect his girl from the memories of her horrible school years besides trying to comfort her by letting her cry and to tell her what he knew was the whole truth. "Baby you should go if only to prove to those snobs and jerks that you aren't the same shy, little girl anymore but now you are a famous actor with four movies, three tv shows and at least six platinum albums behind you. Let alone a wife now to a guy who would try everything in his power to take away those horrible memories of school for you and replace them with happier ones along with your "brothers" and "sisters" who would kick those people's tushes from here to Kingdom come for daring to hurt you"

Demi had to laugh at her husband's sweet and funny words, it was so like him to try to cheer her up and still be the sweet, caring, sensitive guy she loved. She did have to admit that it would feel really nice to go to the reunion and kind of rub the fact that she was famous and not the pathetic loser her fellow classmates had predicted and taunted her she would be as a grown up. She did have Joe as a backup if she felt overwhelmed or was starting to believe the childish things they would probably say to get her defences down.

The night of the reunion, Demi was dressed in a black strapless dress and Joe was dressed in a white golf shirt and khakis. The drive there was filled with a little bit of uneasiness about how the night would go, hopefully in Demi's favour. When they walked into the school, they had to sign in to the front desk for their nametags.

When Demi got hers and Joe's nametag, the young women at the desk narrowed her eyes at Demi.

"Demi Lovato, oh my goodness, have you not changed. I mean you are still the homely girl trying to play dress up with makeup and dressing up to match the girls around you."

"Actually her name is Demi Jones now and I am sure that my wife can say the same thing about you that you haven't changed a bit also" Joe bit back. How are this snob say those mean things about his girl when they hadn't been there for more then a minute. If so is how the rest of the night will be like then he and Demi has a lot of work to do in order to have a good time here.

The girl looked surprised that he was standing up for Demi and then just shrugged his comment off, gave them their nametags and they left. They walked up to the wall that had each individual present that night's high school photos, Joe instantly recognized his wife's brilliant smile and was commenting on how cute she was when a heavily make uped women in a the tightest and shortest dress ever walked over to them.

"Demi Lovato it has been so long since I have seen you, I mean I haven't seen you since you ran away from school like a scared little girl because you couldn't handle a little bit of teasing. You are probably wondering what I have been up. Well I will tell you that my life after high school was quite brilliant; I went to Harvard to become a lawyer then gave it up for my rich, smart, charismatic husband Guy so now I can stay home and shop till I drop in the most hottest stores in Beverley Hills and party all night while the many staff at my mansion cater to my every whim. My husband couldn't be here as he is part of the takedown of a small, insignificant law firm or he would be all over me, adoring me as it should be."

"Wow Missy that is quite a life you have. I have been very fortunate and blessed, I got a small role on a show called "When the Bell Rings" that lasted about two years, then I got my break through role on the movie "Camp Rock" in which I met people who have become my second family let alone my darling husband" Demi gave her husband a long loving loom which was gladly returned. "I have been lucky to have the support and love of my family and friends during the production of my two cds and tv shows to keep my grounded in my roots and help me know that they are proud of me during that time. So in answer to your silent question, I have been great since high school. Excuse us for a minute"

Joe lead Demi away from her speechless ex classmate proud that his wife was able to keep her cool and not brag about her many accomplishments to rub into everyone heres' face who ever thought her as worthless. She had been so diplomatic about everything that had happened to her which he didn't know if he would have been able to be if he was faced with the people who had made him have to be homeschooled because of constant teasing and ridicule.

For the rest of the night he was the perfect date, showing her with touching of her hand and back, pulling her close to him when they slowed danced, making her laugh with his crazy dance moves for the fast songs and being attentive to everything she was saying. He wanted his wife to have a good high school reunion in the middle of old classmates coming over and putting in discreet hits to what a "outcast" his Demi had been with his wife being so polite and nice about what was being said about her, trying to put their hits into a positive spin as much as she could. She had told him before coming here that she had long ago forgiven her ex classmates for the childish things they had said to her as she felt they had been peer pressured by the popular kids to be mean to Demi or be labelled an outcast too. Overall the reunion was a good night and what people say about living a good life is the perfect revenge to people who have done you wrong was right.

Jemi No replies