Labyrinth Confused?

Jareth_baby2010 posted on Sep 21, 2008 at 08:18PM
I dunno...I always thought Jareth had feelings for Sarah...Is this true? I think so but my sister dosen't...and what was the "Aas the world falls down" scene suppose to be about or represent? I hope someone can answer this...but I absolutly love this movie and I only found this site today but I love this site too:)

Labyrinth 31 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
I'm not quite sure either; about whether he loved her or not. I think he was more infactuated with her than in love with her, or maybe both lol. As for the Ball scene, it's been said that he put her in the ball to use up time so that she couldn't save Toby.. but possibly he did it so she would fall in love with him, because in the scene she appears to be looking for him in amazement a lot.. good question but i'm not sure lol :)
I have just watched the film again lol, and saw that whilst Sarah is putting on Toby's hat at the beginning, telling him the 'story', she says: "But what no-one knew, was that the Goblin King had fallen in love with her and had given her certain powers." So he must have been in love with her lol! Hope that helps :)
over a year ago Jareth_baby2010 said…
Oh yea! I just remembered that! I think so despite what my sister says. I wonder what would have happened if she would have stayed in the labyrinth?...:)
Do you know what I just noticed? You know how she's searching for Toby and jareth wants her to forget about him all that...well during the ball scene it seems like she's searching for jareth. I dunno if that makes any sense but it seems like it...
Yeah i get what you mean..
Hmmm i think she loves him too :]
I wish I could have Ludo as a pet! That would be so cool. Yea I think she liked him too but maybe was confused...Jareth is so adorible I just wanna cuddle him :) I've been thinking of making a sequel or something where she gets together with him and put it on fanfiction.net Well I'll probably watch it today yet or tommarow if I have time <3
Lol i watched it last night.. if they, the actors, made a sequel, i don't think it would be the same, like i don't think it'd be as good, besides David Bowie is like 61 now :/ But you never know! :D
Yea...he's definetly too old now. How old is jennifer connoly? She is so pretty :) Yea on fanfiction people just write their own little stories. But yea if they made a sequel movie they would probably make it crappy and probably wouldn't even use jim henson puppets and get different people to play the characters...I'd totally hate that...I watched it last night too:)
Jennifer Connelly's like 37 now :)
And i know yeah, they'd just computerize everything instead of using puppets and it wouldn't be the same!
link

Heres the link to a video I found...it's kinda cute but funny...They used a backstreet boys song... I also found another one that I need to find again. Nobody can portray jareth like david bowie...Sarah is really pretty...don't ya think? I love her dress in the ball scene!!!
Awww it's cute :) And yeah she is, everyone says i look like her but i don't see it lol.. that's why i first watched Labyrinth because someone told me that i looked like Sarah lol
Wow! you look like sara?! I wish I did. I uploaded a video on here called Jareth/Sara The Phantom of the opera. I just thought it was neat. I watched Labyrinth again today and all afternoon I watched labyrinth youtube videos that people made. I love the way her and hoggle fight sometimes! lol especially when she takes his jewles...I don'y know if I spelled that right...So I'm guessing that Hoggle just liked her as a friend? Ew! he's got a big nose...
haha, i don't think i do look like her, but everyone says i do ¬.¬
lol i think it's jewel's !
i think hoggle just liked her as a friend.. not sure, i felt a bit sorry for him !
lol!!!Hoggle is so weird! and they always get his name messed up like hogwart or hoghead lol!!! why would you feel sorry for em?! Well...I maybe do alittle...
haha i don't know what it is about him.. maybe it's coz he's so ugly and stuff haha :) have you got the labyrinth on dvd?
Yes I do:) I just got it for my 17th birthday. I did have it on video that my mom taped for us like a looonnnggg time ago and thats how I watched it...Do you have the dvd? Yea Hoggle has a huge nose too...I wonder what the outcome wouold've been if sarah stayed with jareth?...
Yes i do have the dvd:)
Yeah i always wonder that.. if i was her, i would've definatly stayed with him!
Yea me too. Did you see the new forum I made? I was bored so I just made a forum for people who want to write their own ending to labyrinth or whatever. I watched labyrinth today and I noticed during "magic dance" that after jareth throws toby up the 2nd time he almsot trips over a goblin!!! :)
Yeah i saw the forum, i really think we need more people contributing to this spot, because although it's got 387 fans, hardly anything gets added !
haha i didn't know that :D
I know! I'm trying to think of a good story to put on the one forum so people can add to it but i dunno what to write! What do you think?
I have no idea.. i was trying to think of one to write actually, but my mind just goes blank :| I might send out some messages actually asking people to contribute abit more.. :)
:) Did you by any chance add me on myspace? I'll try and think of things later to write...I found some good fanfictiion stories that I may get ideas from...
Yeah it was me who added you lol !
i would write some but i just can't think of anything :/ not creative enough haha
I like your new icon:) I put alot of labyrinth stuff on my myspace lol...sooo...do you like David Bowies music other than his labyrith music?<3 I like his song rubberband...I don't know why...Ah! He's a cutie!
Thankyouuu:)
and yeahhh,, i like some of his other stuff, have you heard the one Let's Dance?
that's a really good one:)
YES! I love the song lets dance! I had it on cd but it wasn't david bowie it was someone else... Do you have the Labyrinth soundtrack?
No :(
But i've downloaded most of the songs:)
You dressing up for Halloween this year?
Yea...but I don't have any Labyrinth costumes...You? I would love to wear the dress Sarah wears for the masked ball scene!!! That would be weird if someone was Hoggle for Halloween...only 8 more days till haloween:)
heart
Hey! Wow! I have not been on here for a LONG time! Whats up? I found this cute midi of the labyrinth song it's from the ball scene...it sounds like a music box...heres the site...

link

On the very top where it says sppoky midis click on the one that says Labyrinth

sorry I spelled spooky wrong...
over a year ago RP_Puzzle said…
Having Sarah's ballroom outfit to dress up as for Halloween would rock!!!

And you have to feel sorry for Hoggle because he's in a bad position. He doesn't want to betray or hurt Sarah, but he has to because Jareth scares him. So because he betrayed her it made him feel sad cause he had a friend and he's never had one before and he lost his only friend.

Yeah Jareth totally loves Sarah. The whole relationship's kinda like Pride and Prejudice Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. Yet I dunno it's like she's just 15 at that age you're a kid yet you're beginning to become an adult. So Sarah had to do the adult thing and rescue her brother instead of choose her dreams.

If she picked dreams...Toby'd turn into a goblin and maybe Jareth and her would rule the Labyrinth together. But I dunno makes me think of Hook...sure it's nice to have pirates cheering you on and stuff, but if that means you won't be with the ones you love it's not worth it.

There's sort of a sequel to the Labyrinth in manga form called Return to Labyrinth it's pretty good. First book sucks, but the 2nd and 3rd make it better. Can't wait for the 4th to come out!