- Please ma'am, stand back – one of the police men told her.
- Lucas, what’s going on? –
- Nothing, I’m just like their prime suspect of a murder –
10 hours before…
- Good night Lisa –
- Good night –
Cuddy closed the door. Lucas turned off the tv and sat in the dark and waited for couple of minutes.
His cell phone rang.
- What up Fowler? –
- He’s still in the party –
- This is not what it looks like – Lucas said – I needed a date for the wedding so I invited her, and we were just talking. She has her own room –
The woman looked at Cuddy – Okay –
- Hi – Cuddy approached the woman – Dr. Lisa Cuddy, nice to meet you –
- I’m Jessica Jones –
They shook hands.
- I was about to introduce you – Lucas said – Jess is my girlfriend –
- I got that – Cuddy told him – I’ll go back to my room now, goodnight –
- What’s wrong with this one? –
Cuddy asked with her hands on her hips.
- Nah…I don’t like the color…it’s too…dark – Lucas answered – The cleavage is perfect, but you need a more, I don’t know, lighter color. Blue to go with your eyes –
They were in a boutique.
- What do you think Rachel? – The P.I. asked the infant, she just replied.
- Mama bluuu –
- See? –
- Okay, okay – Cuddy said returning to the dressing room.
- Yes, we have your rooms ready Mr. Parker –
The lady in the front desk told Lucas, as she handled him the keys. Cuddy raised and eyebrow when she heard a different last name.
- Thank you –
They walked to the elevators with a bellboy behind them. They didn’t have too much luggage.
- What was that about? – Cuddy asked – Mr. Parker? –
- Uhm…nothing. It’s not illegal to register with an alias. I’m not hiding anything –
- …Everything changed. Even the little bad things in the past seem bigger, and the good things don’t shine anymore – Cuddy said
- That’s not really fair – Lucas told her.
They were in his apartment. She was sitting on the sofa, with Lucas next to her. Rachel was watching cartoons on TV.
- I know, but that’s how I feel right now – Cuddy sighed – And yesterday I quit my job and put my home for sale–
- Why? –
- I don’t want them anymore – Cuddy laughed bitterly – I looked at my life, and all I...
- Tomorrow – Dr. Kane says – You can take Donnie home tomorrow morning –
Lucas and Cuddy smile. For a little more than a month Lucas and Cuddy visited their baby in the NICU
- Did you hear that sweetie? – Cuddy has the baby in her arms. Donnie is bigger and has a more healthy color. – You're going home –
Lucas kisses the baby forehead before Cuddy puts him back on the cot.
- Thank you Doctor –
- So I'll take a couple of days off to be with the baby –