Below is a list of my top five (5) favorite episodes from Season Three (2009) of "MAD MEN"
. Created by Matthew Weiner, the series stars Jon Hamm:
FIVE FAVORITE "MAD MEN" SEASON THREE (2009) Episodes
1. (3.11) "The Gypsy and the Hobo"
- Don's past finally catches up with him when Betty confronts him about his identity theft. Roger Sterling meets a former client/lover who wishes to rekindle their affair. And Joan discovers that her husband, Greg Harris, has joined the Army after failing to start a medical career in New York.
2. (3.12) "The Grown Ups"
- The assassination of President John Kennedy serves as the backdrop of the wedding for Roger's daughter and the final breakup of the Draper marriage.
3. (3.07) "Seven Twenty-Three"
- Don's attempts to land the Conrad Hilton account leads to him being blackmailed by Bert Cooper to sign a three-year contract with Sterling Cooper. Peggy begins an affair with former Sterling-Cooper Accounts Head, Duck Phillips. And Betty expresses interest in the Governor's aide, Henry Francis, when she becomes involved in civic politics.
4. (3.06) "Guy Walks into an Advertising Agency"
- A visit by the British owners of the Sterling Cooper agency and an account involving a motorized lawn motor results in mishap and bloodshed.
5. (3.09) "Wee Small Hours"
- An executive from Sterling Cooper's client, Lucky Strikes, demands that the agency fire art director Sal Romano after the latter rejects the executive's sexual advances. Betty grows closer to Henry Francis and Don begins an affair with Sally's teacher, Suzanne Farrell.