1.Being such a small lad - he's 5'7" - Matt Bellamy used to take advantage of his trips to Japan to have silk shirts specially tailored for him.
2.On the Big Day Out tour of 2004, on which Muse played down the bill, Metallica would set up a rehearsal tent next to the main stage in which to warm up before they went on. Often Muse would come offstage to hear Metallica warming up by playing ‘New Born’.
3. Meanwhile, here's a stream of Muse trivia for you. For example, did you know that, at the end of 'Space Dementia,' Matt Bellamy's trouser zipper was used as an instrument?
4. In his time off from Muse, bassist Chris Wolstenholme plays drums in a local pub band in the Devon town of Teignmouth, where he lives with his Kelly and their three children Alfie, Frankie and Ava-Jo.
5. The band are keen poker players and once fleeced Robert Smith of The Cure for a hefty wad of cash.
6. After Matt was famously shocked to be given a painting of himself naked with a heart covering his privates and with a crow on one shoulder, Russian fans made it up to him on his next visit to the country by presenting him with a full-sized astronomer's telescope.
7. When requesting permission to play one of the biggest church organs in Europe in order to finish recording 'Megalomania' from 'Origin Of Symmetry', the priest at the church asked to see the lyrics to the song to ensure the band weren't devil worshippers.
8. Matt on the first love of his life: "My babysitter. She saved my life when I was choking once and after that I loved her."
9. On their American tour early in 2005 Muse ran a competition whereby fans solving anagrams of new song titles on their setlists would be led by cryptic messages to a series of prizes – bikes left in cities that the tour visited
10. 'The Resistance' was the first Muse album to have been produced by the band themselves.
11. At their Wembley Stadium shows in June 2007 the band had plans to fly onto the stage in jet packs, but they fell foul of Health And Safety regulations.
12. Muse appear in Guitar Hero 5, and their music is also used in 'Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock' and 'Guitar Hero: World Tour'.
13. Drummer Dominic Howard has a penchant for dressing up behind the drumkit, and has played gigs dressed as Spiderman and Gandalf.
14. Apparently drummer Dominic Howard once revealed that the band used llama toenails as an instrument in the song 'Screenager'.
15. Since the very first Muse recordings Matt has never allowed anyone other than the record's producer to hear him sing without musical accompaniment. Not even his bandmates are allowed to stay in the studio when Matt is recording his vocal tracks.