So, I've been thinking of this for a while, but now I'm gonna put it into words. In the episode Read It and Weep, there are many comparisons to be made between Rainbow Dash and a new brony's journeys. Let me explain with a generic model that fits both stories.
1. A trusted friend suggests you try a form of entertainment that you normally wouldn't try.
2. After much thought, you reluctantly give in.
3. You begin to get interested, and realize that you enjoy it.
4. You feel embaressed and hide it from your friends.
5. You find yourself partaking in it any chance you get, and when you aren't doing that, you're thinking about it.
6. Something causes it to come out, and you finally reveal to the whole world that you love this thing.
Rainbow Dash is going through the same type of problems that the common new brony does, and I hope that I wasn't the only one to see these connections.
This has been my first non-formal-apology article, and I would really like some feedback. Thank you anyone who finds this worth reading!