NCIS Opinion Article

Sean Murray dropping weight, possibly sick??

Opinion by Tiva4Eva1 posted over a year ago
Shows sean, when he was chubbier
I have noticed recently (NCIS has only started last week because of delays in airing in Australia) that Sean Murray is looking very skinny. I know he was a bit chubby before and possibly was hoping to lose weight, but either he has dieted and taken it way too far, to the extent that (not to be rude) but he looks like a long neck turtle, or is he sick...

I know that weight changes are normal in people and things can bring them on, for example in season six cote had a birth control injection and she gained 15 pounds as a result, but if Sean has had something that has altered his weight i think that he should go back to the doctor because he simply does not look healthy.

A slimmed down Sean, would look great, but however i believe that the diet has gone a bit too far or, he is actually sick.

Poor Sean is almost bordering on Anorexic and he needs to look into a way to fix this problem
Sean after some weight loss

lilith84 said:
I have noticed that too, he does not look good THAT skinny. I hope it's just diet gone too far not anything serious.

earane said:
Well, how further in the season you are the less it becomes noticeable. But I agree that his neck looks extremely long, certainly if you look at pictures how he was.

worried
ncismpm said:
I found out he just cut sugar and cold drinks out of his life. Sugar rules!

worried
Tiva4Eva1 said:
i think he needs to go back on sugar then....

I think he looks fab! As long as he is healthy, if cutting sugar out of his diet is what helped with the weight loss, good for him.

These people work incredibly long hours. Hugh Laurie & House Team 16 hours or more a day. And Mark Harmon recently said that the NCIS schedule is up to 14 hours.

Such long hours take their toll and if one is carrying to much weight it can become extremely difficult.

smirk
I must say he looks really good, it's good for him.. and I don't think that he's sick or something, now he just must working at muscles and this will be good... ;))

I love SEAN Murray and am worried about his weight because I use to be anorexic. I Think That he is working too hard and may even be depressed. I miss his Baby Face cheeks. But maybe he wanted to
look older. I don't know what he is going through. But I Do care about him very much. I share everyones concern about his weight.I
have lost alot of people I Love. My parents and good friends that
wasted away. I am terrified when I see Sean so thin! I don't like
the wise cracks people are making about him though. There is no reason to Call him names. All I can say to Sean is be careful. You
are a beautiful soul. You are loved very much.

I also absolutly LOVE!!! Sean and I don't want to be rude but he looked better chubby. I suspect anorexia... GRRRR!! He looked better the other way. I hate change.

iluvhttyd said:
My mom and I think he works out....

in australia they had inerviews on channel tens website (channel that does ncis) and he siad he came back from a holiday overseas were he ate really good and when he came back he couldn't eat the bad stuff anymore, cause he used to eat like a pig backstage. But i prefer him the other way, he freaks me out this way, he looks too skiny. Although i am glad he is healthier.

I think that he has lost too much weight, yes beofore he look like a creep but now he looks even more creepy

you are creep..

I LOVE!!! LOVE! love! love! sean to death! he looked better when he was chubby but he still is hot and our sean no matter how skinny or chubby he is

puzzler said:
i luv all of them, but im saddened they killed mike franks...my hubby just said, he wished they would make him a regular.. he was gibbs good friend..whaaa

sick
I hate to break it to you but McGee has the HIV... I gave it to him.

bobmac said:
all joking aside ; sean murry of ncis aka mcgee has two other features about him now; besides weight loss, if you look at close ups of him in new show you will notice his left eye looks larger than the other, the eye ball looks bigger but it is not , his eye lid is a little retracted causing the difference, also his voice is weak or a little horse, GRAVES diease, causes eye lid retraction usually in one eye,makes the thyroid produce higher ,as in hyper and that causes weight loss qiuck with a gaunt look and the thyroid is located by the voice box, the thyroid gets a llump on it (goyter) and that impaires the vocal cords and makes your voice weak, how do i know been there done that, when i saw him for the first time and heard him speak it was me all over, a diet does not cause eye lid retraction in one eye and does not make your voice weak, SEAN get it checked out,

sad
NO! NO! NOOOOO!!!!! I don't want him to be sick! I want him to be happy and healthy. Btw I think he still loooks great. I'd prefer some more muscles though. BUT if he does have Graves disease (which I HOPE he doesn't) doesn't that mean he won't be on the show much longer...like this may be his last season or something. :(

i love mcgee

Gibbslet said:
I agree. Maybe not sick but he is looking really weird to us NCIS old hats :D Is it just me or is his voice weird too?

cheluke50 said:
AS A FORMER HYPERTHYROID PATEINT...SEAN DOES NO HAVE THE LOOK OF GRAVES DISEASE AKA HYPERTHYROIDISM,HE WOULD HAVE BULING AT THE NECK AT LEAST VERY NOTICABLE, HIS EYES WOULD BE BULGING LIKE A FROG, AND HIS HANDS, WOULD TREMBLE ALWAYS IF HIS THYROID WAS AT LEAST 2-4X ENLARGED, TREATMENT IS MEDS. TAPAZOLE, PROPYLTHIOURICIL,THEN EITHER SURGERY, OR RAI RADIO ACTIVE IODINE. I'M SURE THE SHOWS MEDICAL DR. WOULD HAVE TREATED HIM BY NOW TO MAKE HIM EUTHYROID!MY GUESS CANCER OF THYROID OR VOICEBOX?

His is so great, I will make an essay paper about this for the next symposium.….anniversary flowers canada | deliver birthday flowers

smithhogg said:
Blogs are good in which we get lots of information and convert that information to knowledge.
Essay writing | university essays | essay help uk

meh
i dont think he looks THAT different. and wouldnt they say something about it on tv or somethin?

I TOO HAVE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT HIM NOT JUST THE WEIGHT LOSS, BUT HAS ANYONE OTHER THEN ME NOTICED THAT HE SOUNDS LIKE HE IS HORSE ALL THE TIME? WEIGHT LOSS IS ONE THING, BUT LIKE A LOT OF YOU I FEAR THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG WITH HIM I LOVE HIS CHARACTER BUT FEEL HE NEEDS TO BE CHECKED

jennid12 said:
I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

gifts to pakistan

aronalver said:
Its great to see fresh creative idea that have never been done.
assignment writing | assignment expert | C++ Assignment Help | Accounting Assignment Help | Assignment writers uk

i hope he gained more weight

He does not look like a turtle! Seriously, he doesn't look so skinny he's sick! I don't think he has some kind of weight problem. Plus, he really doesn't look too much different.

pippy40 said:
I noticed he was losing weight but then it was a very drastic weight loss. I had an eating disorder years back and became anorexic which started out by dieting. I cannot say whether he is sick or not but it has been concerning. His entire voice changed when he lost all this weight and they changed his character to be more confident as well. He never made comments back to "Tony" like he does now either. So not only has his outer appearance changed so much but they really changed the role he played on the show. I never understood why his voice changed either unless he was taking something to make his body change. We all change as we grow older but his changes were too fast and drastic. I am a bit concerned about it all. Anyone who makes any inappropriate remarks about should be ashamed.

I think "NCISrules1000" comment was mean, ugly rude and also inappropriate!

I think you people just need to realize that he just lost the weight. He's not anorexic, he's not sick. He's just him, he's healthy. I've heard nothing of him being an anorexic. I would love to be fit like him too and maybe he just didn't feel healthy when he had that fat on him, it's normal. He just wanted to be fit and healthy, there's nothing wrong with it. And also, there's something wrong with you if he needs to look the way he did in Season 2. Cutting out sugar is hard but being on it is bad, it turns to fat which could really stick.

I love NCIS as well, but McGee not only lost a lot of weight but the costume dept. didn't even have the right size clothes for him and his poor skiinny neck was floating around in his shirt collar. If you watch the marathons which are never in any chronological order I've also noticed that his voice has changed as well. I don't know of any diet that your vocal chords are affected as well as a huge weight loss.

Toad540 said:
iv noticed people commenting on appearance and voice change, anphetamines, cause eyelid retraction,voice change and drastic weight loss i hope he's not using but the signs are there, believe me im not a hater ive been here since the jag crossover of ice queen

Gibbslove said:
I heard in an interview Sean Murray is not ill, it was his decission - no sugar and no alcohol for one year. The result is a cude and sexy man ; -)) But to young for me, so my love is GIBBS *kisses*