I've been trying for a really long time to draw a picture of Sweeney and Mrs.Lovett from scratch, I just can't get the hang of it! I've been trying to copy pictures from the internet and freehand sketching it,I can't do it! Please help!
Well, we did this at school, and I am doing now at home. And it takes time, but it does work quite well if you have some patience.
1. You print the picture you want, best you get it as big as you can get it on a piece of paper, epsecially if it is a detailed pic.
2. Here you have to do some math. Depends how big the piece of paper you are going to draw on. You Draw a grid over your PRINTED picture, and then draw the exact same grid on the new piece of paper, but here is the tricky part, you have to use the EXACT same amount of squares on the new piece, but you have to modify the squares so they cover the majority of the piece of paper.(draw the lines lightly in pencil)
3. Name or number the squares on both your grids. (like you have on maps)
4. In the coresponding square (picture - new paper), draw in the details in pencil.
5. When you have finished all the squares, go over what you have just drawn in a very thin texta or pen, but do not draw the grid!
6. Now you rub out all the grid lines. And you don't have to worry about rubbing out the pic because you have drawn it in ink!
7. Paint it however you want, or leave it.
Hope this helps :)
And I am dreadfully sorry if this is really complicated, or i missed a step, just write a comment and I'll fix it. :P