nohomoyonohomoyo Sin City

shadowcon99 posted on Dec 22, 2014 at 02:55AM
Perched cozily between the pristine forests and the edge of a great harbor. The city looks so peaceful and calm. The people happily going about with their lives, ignoring the true filth that lies beneath. Drug deals, muggings, murder.....Crime runs a muck and whats worse is that even the people trained to protect the innocent are corrupt. They'd rather make deals with these crime lords and filth rather than get rid of them. All anyone can do is try to scrape by and if they're lucky enough, never have to see that side.

You can be any type of citizen you like. A cop, crime lord, politician, a madam, ordinary person on the streets ect.
This is more of a cop drama, so no supernatural stuff.

Rules
No god modding!
Swearing is fine.
Relationships and sex are fine, just don't get carried away.
Don't kill off a person's character without their permission.
Please no one liners, they're tough to respond to.

nohomoyonohomoyo 150 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 150

over a year ago shadowcon99 said…
Name: Felix LeRoi
Height: 6’3”
Appearance: (Picture below)

Rank: Head of the LeRoi family and thus their vast fortune and weapons manufacturing company; Felix is also the head of the Mafia organization known as Inferno.

Unusual Features: Incredibly smart, Master marksman, Knows about every weapon ever made, Exceptional at close quarters combat, and has an unmatched sense of hearing.
Name: Felix LeRoi
Height: 6’3”
Appearance: (Picture below)

over a year ago Axel1313 said…
"Marron, just take those boxes upstairs for me would you?" The fiery redhead pointed to the ones that the poor young man had nearly stumbled over. He hadn't been doing all too well the past weeks. His shoulder was bothering him and he had a nasty chest cold. At least he was following the rules now thanks to Artemesia putting him on a short leash.
"Yes mam..." He responded hoarsely and leaned over to haul them upstairs.
"...And where's Felix? There's stuff missing and I just have a feeling it has to do with him."
"I'm right here." Felix said as he entered into the bar, shielding himself from the harsh winter outside. "This snow matches my hair." He joked. "perhaps I am meant for the cold."
"I agree, your cold heart is perfectly at home in this weather isn't it?" She teased. "All joking aside though, where are the rest of the twins things? I know I had them delivered to the bar and they can't get settled in without them. You didn't have them taken somewhere else did you?"
"I did as a matter of fact. You are always complaining about how you want them safe and away from our real jobs so I went ahead and purchased a pent house downtown. I was hoping we could all live there; as a family."
"Felix..." She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "You know that I cannot leave the bar like that. I have too many employees who need supervised here. The kids should be perfectly safe too, Bonnie has been perfectly fine for the entire time she has lived here and Peter is always safe here too. So why wouldn't the twins be?"
"Because the two of them are not small children." He said as he took his jacket off. "I was just trying to think of what would be best for them. They are also closer to non-illegal things as well as their academy in the city."
"So living away from the bar, but with two crime lord parents would make them closer to non-illegal things?" She cocked an eyebrow at him curiously. "Being older should keep them from being dragged in to such things anyway. They are old enough to make their own decisions and know better."
"It would make me feel better about their safety. We both know what can happen to someone's children in our line or work. I am not saying the bar isn't safe Artemis. I would just feel better if they were somewhere I know is safe."
"The bar is perfectly safe. The incident with Marron was just a one time mess up and security measures have been taken since then." She crossed her arms over her chest. "And don't give me that you would feel better if you knew they were somewhere safe. I know that you of all people are more than capable of making anywhere you go like that."
You could almost hear the frustration as he let out a deep sigh. "Why do we both have to be stubborn mules?" He fumbled around in his pockets and pulled out a cigarette; it had been years since he smoked. "I don't want them staying at the bar. " he said as he lit up.
shadowcon99 commented…
Do you have texting? I may be bored and away from the computer if you wanted to talk. over a year ago
"You may not, but I want them to be closer to this place seeing as I can't leave." She watched him with piercing green eyes. Smoking? It had been the longest time since she'd seen him do that. "They will be perfectly fine here and I am not having Marron haul all of their stuff back down stairs again."
"Fine. They can stay here." He said as he put his coat back on. "I'm going to my office." He said as he finished his first and started a second. "Let me know when the twins come home; I'll come home for dinner. I'll have their belongings sent back here as well." He said as he stepped back out into the cold and began to walk to his office.
"Good." She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him wearily. That was almost too easy to persuade him to do. "Marron, finish moving the twin's stuff when they arrive and then come help me with dinner...wear a bandanna or mask over your mouth too. I don't want the twins catching whatever you've got." She spoke rather coldly to him. "I'll be downstairs waiting for them and watching the bar."
"Yes mam...." He responded hoarsely. Wincing as he nearly hacked out a lung.
Felix had gone where he always went to blow off steam; his workshop. He had been making more improvements on himself, his modifications and such. But he still couldn't shake the frustration from Artemis being so stubborn. "It would seem I have the an impregnable wall." He said as he walked out onto the balcony without shirt or jacket and admired the city he grew up in. As it began to snow again he remembered even more the day he got his hair. The young man had crossed Otto and was taking money from his pockets as well as men and merchandise. So to teach Felix a lesson Otto had a small amount of acid poured over his head bleaching his hair for the years to come. "I'm glad you're in charge now." He laughed as he looked over at a city that had changed mobs hands many times. "But I can't shake this feeling that a storm is about to come. Juliet if we change out to the newer metals how much of a performance change can I get?" He said as he walked back inside. "You'll get an increase of 20%, sir" his AI stated. "Let's begin then." It was a painstaking process to have his body taken apart but it would be worth it.
"The boxes are all upstairs and everything put away mam." Marron announced as he came back downstairs. Now sporting a small mask to keep from coughing all over everything. The twins had arrived and were playing with Bonnie while they waited for dinner.
Artemesia was busy preparing everything in the kitchen. The bar was shut down early tonight due to the twins moving in. "Cher! Call Felix for me would you? I'm a tad busy at the moment!"
"Yes mam." Marron responded and quickly caught the phone as she tossed it to him.

~~~~

"No no no! Didn't I make myself clear? Only the highest grade of equipment." Johnathan sat at his father's old desk as he talked business with this frustrating client. "Listen. I can't tell you why I need this stuff, but just know that if it's not of the highest tech my men might as well walk out there naked! Now get the order right or you get nothing but a bullet to the head!" It sounded cruel, but Johnathan had done his research, sent out some spies and knew that Mr. LeRoix was definitely a force to be reckoned with. He didn't know what sort of tech he had up his sleeves, but from the reports he'd gotten it was going to be difficult to match.
"Sir your wife is calling." Juliet had been programmed with a sense of humor and this was one of her jokes.

"I told you not to call her that; yet." Felix had been looking over paperwork. Arms dealers, excluding himself, had been moving weapons into the city and he needed to know why. "Are the twins home?" He said responding to the phone call.
"They are sir." Bet Felix didn't expect such a deep and hoarse voice to reply. Definitely not Artemis on the phone this time around. "Miss. Artemisia told me to call to let you know while she works on finishing up dinner."
"Would you mind coming and getting me Marron?" HE set as he stood from the operating table. "My body is in no condition to drive."
"Not at all sir. I will tell Miss. Artemisia and be there momentarily." He hung up the phone and in no time he put on his coat and scarf and headed to tell her. "Mam. I am headed to pick up Mr. LeRoix."
Artemisia let out a heavy sigh. What had that man done now that prevented him from driving himself here? "Alright, but don't take too long. Dinner will be ready very soon."
"Understood." He nodded and rushed out the door.
"Mr. LeRoix! I'm here!" He called out as best as he could.
"Hi Marron." He said over the intercom. "The door is unlocked, would you mind coming in I'm having a bit of trouble walking right now."
"Sure, I'll be up in a moment sir." Stuffing his scarf in his pocket he headed inside. Searching around a moment until he found Mr.LeRoix. Not even batting an eye at seeing him hardly able to walk at the moment. It wasn't the strangest thing he'd seen ever since Felix had been around the bar more. "Ready to go sir?" He croaked out.
"Well my body is having a nasty reaction to the new metal so if you would be so kind as to help me into that wheelchair I would greatly appreciate it."
"You should really be more careful sir. This kind of strain can't possibly be good on your body." He lectured him teasingly as he helped him in to a wheelchair. "I know all too well how that feels...my body hasn't been reacting too well to those nanobots you used to heal my shoulder and lung not too long ago...Artemesia still doesn't know about it and thinks it's just a nasty cold."
"Lie down on that table over there." He said pointing at his operating table. "I'll have a quick look see." he said wheeling himself over to the console.
"Thank you sir...it's just been getting worse and worse..." He did not even hesitate to lie down on the operating table. Knowing that if anybody would be able to help or at least figure out what was wrong it was Mr. LeRoix.
"It's no problem. you're one of my test subjects so anytime this happens please let me know so I can give it a look." Felix used the console to examine the core molecules that the nanomites had bonded with. "it's easy to see why Artemis thinks you have a cold; because you do." He typed a few things on the keyboard. "The bots were killing your white blood cells, for some reason the thought that your blood cells were harmful. But it's all fixed now and you should be feeling better in no time. Now let's get to dinner or she'll have our heads."
"That's....kind of good to know." He managed a small smirk. At least now he might get better. "Thank you for fixing this...I hope it's the only problem I end up having with them and that this cold will finally go away." He coughed loudly, nearly hacking up a lung and stood up to wheel Felix down to the car. "I'm not too worried about being late. She needs my pretty little head to keep her business going well. You on the other hand. She'd have no problem taking that." He joked.
"Marron I'll let you in on a little secret. It's not the head on my shoulders I'm worried about" He said as they rode together down the elevator.
He couldn't help but chuckle. "I've noticed that lately. Lady Artemesia is a tough woman Hell bent on castrating you. If you think she was stubborn and tough on you today, you should hear some of the conversations when you're not around. Talk about unleashing the dragon....the only reason I get off easy-ish is because I'm her doll..."
"Yes well, I have broken that woman's heart more times than I would like and yet we have finally wound up together." He had a more solemn look on his face as if he was going over their past in his head.
"At least you hope so....Artemesia is a very tough woman to win over, especially after he heart has been broken. I've seen it many times in the years that I've lived with her." He scratched the back of his head. "You seem to be having better luck that me or any of her other suitors though. Maybe you'll finally melt the ice queen's heart."
"Well considering that one man her over succeeded in taking her heart, other than myself, died years ago I think you can imagine why you call her the ice queen." They got downstairs and to the car as Felix slowly stood from the wheelchair and into the passenger side. ' thank you Martin but I can walk now."
"Ahh yes...I've heard about that story a few times before...she never gave me any names, but she does talk in her sleep when she's upset about something and I'm smart enough to put two and two together. She'll forgive you eventually though. I can tell by the way she's been speaking about you here and there." He coughed sharply. "And it's uh...Marius--I mean....Marron sir."
((HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA­HAH­AH AUTOCORRECT GO AWAY!))

"My apologies, I must have had a glitch in my speaking for a moment." Felix pulled out a gun and a phone. "Marron, can I trust you?"
"It's alright. It happens." He smiled. That dropped though when he saw the gun. He trusted Mr. LeRoix or at least was forced to trust him. "Of course sir. I was told to listen to your orders no matter what."

(Ooooooh Autocorrect.)
"Marron we both know that isn't what I mean. I am sorry for abusing you in the past but I need to know that I can trust you and you trust me."
He bit his lip for a moment before responding. "In truth....I do not trust you very much at all...but you have to understand what past I come from...I don't really trust anybody." He glanced at him from the corner or his eye. "You can trust me though. I wouldn't dare cross you...and you did save my life."
"Good. Then these are both your now." he said handing the pair to him. "That phone only dials my number and only I can call it. Listen Marron, someone is moving a lot of guns into this city and I am not sure why. But I can bet it has something to do with Artemis."
He took the phone and gun and put them both into his jacket. "Hmm...That is a little strange...I haven't seen or heard Arte make any secretive deals with anyone like that...I can ask around if you like. My clients are usually prone to talking....at...times and after certain times....and come from all places around the city. They may have heard a thing or two."
"If you could do that for me I would greatly appreciate it; but for now let's get back to the bar."
"I'll ask around as soon as I'm in good health again." His smile returned. "Right, don't want dinner to be cold when we get back. Or to be left out in the cold by Miss. Artemesia either." He chuckled and sped off towards Sanctuary. If Artemesia didn't terrify Felix, his driving skills surely would....it couldn't be helped though with his ever failing eyes.
When they got to Sanctuary Felix stumbled out of the car. "Jesus Marron. It's like you have never driven a car before in your life."
"Sorry sir...I'm not as good at driving as I used to be." He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "I sort of...can't really read the road signs and the traffic lights are more blurs than anything else. At least we got here in good time!" His voice was rather cheerful despite the fact that he'd nearly killed them more than once on their way back.
"Then why were you driving?" He asked as he began to head inside sanctuary. "I'm home." He said as he walked into the bar
"Because I was told to come get you....Arte says that as long as I can still see the traffic lights and other cars I'm going to drive." He chuckled nervously.
"Come in and take a seat! I'm just getting dinner out on the table right now." Artemesia greeted the two with a warm smile as she carried the dish out to the table. Lasagne, baked potatoes and fried green beans. Yum! The twins were sitting patiently at the table waiting for dinner. Bonnie on the other hand. She ran to greet her papa as soon as he walked through the door. Wrapping her little arms around his leg tightly.
"Woah! hello there bonnie, I love when I get hugs from you but papa is feeling a bit under the weather right now so I'm sorry I can't pick you up." He said as he grabbed the little girls hand and brought her into the dining room. "Lexi, Rich, how was your first day at the academy? Did you get to your classes all right."

Richard looked up to greet the man he was now calling papa. "Yeah, I got to my classes okay; it's just different being in a new school."
((Marron is Bonnie's papa, but! I can work with this!))

Ouch....seeing Bonnie run up to Felix like that hurt a bit. She'd grown so attached to him lately for some reason....maybe because of the time she was caught in the big fall out between him and Aimee? She avoided him so much after he shouted at her to leave and didn't seem too fond of him after that either.

"I was a little late to a few, but I got caught up in the lab, showing the teacher a few things about bio-mechanics." Alexis happily announced. "This new school is going to be tough to get used to, that's for sure."
((Whoops my Bad, sorry))

"That's my girl." felix said as he gave her a hug from behind. "I'm proud of both you." He said cheerfully as he puts his hand on their heads. "Now, let's eat!" He said sitting down and putting bonnie up onto a chair.

Richard smiled when Felix said he was proud of then. And his smile got even bigger when he put his hand on their heads; but something was off. "Lexi did his hand feel cold to you?" He whispered while leaning closer to her.
"They're both the smartest kids in their grade. I wonder where they possibly could have gotten those genes." Artemesia grinned as she grabbed a plate.
Marron took a seat beside Bonnie and happily got her a plate before himself. She didn't look so keen on it at first, but when he showed her a bag of cookies he smuggled from the kitchen. She didn't hesitate to snuggle up to him again after that.

"Yeah, and not just cold from being outside. It's really weird isn't it Richy?"