posted by xMrsNiallHoranx
X-Factor stars One Direction, Cher and Rebecca pulled from Bay Festival line up
Date Posted: 04/May/2011 17:10
By: Tessa Hawley
One DirectionView full size images
X-FACTOR stars One Direction, Cher Lloyd and Rebecca Ferguson will not be performing at this year's Manx Telecom Bay Festival.
The confirmation comes after weeks of speculation that the singers had been pulled from the festival line up.
It was announced in December that the top three acts from last year's series of the X-Factor would be performing as part of the line up for the X-Factor v Britain's Got Talent show on Sunday, June 19.
However rumours had begun circulating that this may no longer be the case after the trio of acts were notably absent from all publicity material and the official festival website.
A spokesperson for the Manx Telecom Bay Festival told isleofman.com today that the rumours were true. They said: "Unfortunately all X-Factor finalists moved to a new agency shortly before Christmas meaning that all existing engagements were rendered null and void.
"This means that unfortunately One Direction, Rebecca Ferguson and Cher Lloyd are unable to take part in this year's festival.
"What we have added to the afternoon however are fantastic artists such as Shayne Ward and Peter Andre who will be playing in the Isle of Man for the first time."
There is no word yet on whether people who purchased tickets to see these acts will be entitled to a refund