First of all, let me clarify that I like both Brucas and Leyton..I am neutral when it comes to that subject.. I just wanted to rant. This is about why OTH is making me angry.
1. I am tired of the repeating storylines.
a.Seriously how long are they going to continue the Lucas/Peyton/Brooke love triangle thing..once was enough. People get hurt and lives get destroyed.
b. Haley catches Lucas twice kissing Peyton while he has a girlfriend. Both times she gave him this big speech..blah last time i checked Haley kissed Chris Keller TWICE while she was MARRIED.
c. They always make Nathan out to be the bad one in the Naley marriage..does anyone but me remember season 2 how destroyed and in love he was with Haley when she decided to up and leave without even a goodbye? Seasons 4 and 5 they have made it look like Nathan was into someone else..Rachel/Carrie and both times Haley didnt listen to Nathan.
d. Lucas running from his feelings...Why cant Lucas ever just admit how he feels seriously it isnt that hard...and when he screws up he always coming out looking that the one that got hurt not the one that was hurting someone.
2. Why do all the bad things happen to Peyton? I hate how she is always the one that has these terrible things happen to her.
3. Lucas proposing to Lindsey was a bad idea from the beginning. I mean seriously she finds a ring that wasnt even intended for HER and he gives her this speech about not being good enough blah blah..but when she leaves him at the alter he is EXTREMELY hurt and betrayed and totally trying to win her back..if he wanted to get married to her that bad wouldnt he have bought a REAL ring?
4. How come the ring thing never came up again. I mean if someone told me that the man i was in love with proposed to another women with the SAME ring he proposed to me with i would want some answers..how come Peyton didnt ask Lucas or even be curious to that factor?
5. Why was Owen even on the show. I mean he was the bartender fine but why did they envolve him and Brooke for like less than one episode and then he was gone? Why did they bring Chase back..I wanted Chase and Brooke to atleast talk about their past relationship. Didnt they mean everything to each other at one point? They made it look like Brooke was still in love with himm the way he watched Peyton and Chase that night but then he was just gone.
Okay so i am done ranting and after i read over all of this it made it seem like i didnt like OTH at all so now i am going to tell you why i love the show.
1. Peyton and Brooke-Friendship is amazing. It protrayed a REAL friendship. Sometimes people talk about friends behind their back, sometimes friends fight, sometimes friends betray each other but what matters most is that you can get past it and continue to know each other better than anyone..i love that about them..they love each other so much they are willing to try and try and try without fail to be their when they need each other the most.
2. Nathan/Haley..thier love is just so geninue. You get to see Nathan's life totally turned upside down when Haley leaves. That is love when you lose the person you love it is the most horrible feeling. I love when Haley doesnt know what is going to happen with Nathan under the water and she panicks..i love that scene you can tell she loves him so much..Always and Forever..my favorite line. I love that each time the world and people try to destroy them they come out alive, together, and much stronger..isnt that real love. Dont you have to grow, learn, and fail together?
3. Lucas/Karen-I know she wasnt in season 5 but one episode but every other season you see her as a friend and a mother. they have a truely special relationship..they each protect each other..I love the way Lucas loves his mom no matter what happens he supports her decisions and helps her without complaining. I also love the way Karen always puts Lucas and his needs first. Karen always makes an effort to get to know the people in Lucas life. You see her help Peyton with her mom's deaths and helps her see her dreams with opening Tric and she is basically a mom to Brooke in season 2 and she accepts Brooke because Lucas does..and she also acts like Haley's mother too but my favorite is how she helps Haley in season 4 when Haley is freaking out about being pregnant.
4. Haley/Lucas- I love that they have that special FRIENDSHIP. Not many girls/guys can be friends without "feeling" or something getting in the way of that. I love how they tell each other what they think no matter how much the other person doesnt want to hear it. I love how they are there for each other when something happens. I love how the show doesnt make them romatically envolved at any point every other show i know that has a guy and a girl being best friends ends up dating at some point. I love that about their relationship it is a true honest friendship.
5. Lucas heart- I love how big Lucas heart is..i like how he stands up for all of his friends..he has stood up for all of them atleast once. I love how everyone means so much to Lucas and he doesnt judge them for the mistakes they have made. I love how he helps each one when they need it. I love how he is always saving Peyton and how he is always trying to convince Brooke what an amazing person she is..and how is got to know Nathan even though he didnt want to just for Haley..i love how he stood up for Haley telling Nathan that Haley fell in love with him when he was a lesser guy and that he should love haley when she is lesser too..
6. I love how crazy Deb is..i think she is the funniest character but i also feel sorry for her..and i think she is a good friend to Karen despite their pasts with Dan..she always helps out when needed..
I love a lot more about the show i just felt like if i was going to tell why i am mad i should atleast say some nice things also.