"Naley's Rain Scene...made me believe in Naley even more."
So this is the Naley fan of the month interview with Sabina! I love her and she totally deserves this! it was so fun doing this!
A Message From Sabina
:First of all I would like to thank all of you who voted for me in the Naley FOTM pick. The nomination itself was a big surprise to me (tnx again Kelsie), because I know that your first thought is not she is a Naley fan but she is mostly a Peyton/Leyton fan.
But I love Naley and I am happy others see that too.
So let's get started!!!
1. Ok let’s warm up, why do you like Naley?
I like the love that is between Naley. Pure, ready to conquer all obstacles and still strong after so many years! I also love the influence that Haley has/had on Nathan and vice versa. In my opinion they bring the best out of each other, they complete themselves.
2. Who do you like better, Nathan or Haley?
Hmm, this is a very tough question. In season 1 was Haley, from season 2 to half of season 5 was Nathan but from there on they are pretty much tied. But if I really had to choose I would say Haley. My love for Nathan hasn’t really changed thru all the seasons but I can’t say the same for Haley. I absolutely loved her in season 1, after she left for tour in season 2 I started to hate her and when she came back I really didn’t care much about her. But from season 4 on she slowly started to get my love back, and after the second half of season 5 I really love her. I just wish Mark would give her a better storyline this season, she deserves it.
3. When did you first start to like Naley?
In season 1 of course. Their interaction from the beginning was amazing. In the scene “Don’t say I never gave you anything” they already had me hooked.
4. Did you want Naley to become a couple before they did?
“Don’t say I never gave you anything” they already had me hooked."
I think my previous answer answers this question too. Definitely, like I said their interaction, chemistry in season 1 was really strong. And the story itself geeky tutor girl falls for a high school jackass/the most popular guy in school is really appealing.
5. How did you feel about the 4 year jump when it came to Naley?
The storyline itself was amazing and very powerful to watch. It gave a lot of chances to Bethany and James to show us what amazing actors they are. Especially Bethany’s performance was really strong in the beginning of season 5.
But regrettably Naley`s marriage after 4 years wasn’t as strong as we all thought it will be.
It was painful to watch Nathan all crushed, sitting in a wheelchair, drinking his life away and not considering the feelings of his wife and son, who suffered the same or even more just by watching him like that. I am sure this storyline was heartbreaking for many Naley fans!
6. Did you like the Naley storyline in Season 2? What parts did you like/dislike?
I hated it so much. I know that a lot of Naley fans don’t hate season 2 storyline that much because it brought them more together in the end and Haley had the right to follow her dreams but this storyline made me hate Haley. I felt so bad for Nathan. The only part that I did like from season 2 storyline was the beginning, how they were trying to get accustomed to their new married life.
7. So everyone has to do these questions, what is your favourite moment from each season?
- I have 2 favourite scenes in this season and it would be impossible to pick just one. I’m sorry. The first one is “Don’t say I never gave you anything”. In this scene I fell in love with them. The scenery was also so romantic, Nathan looked so hot and Haley so cute, everything was perfect!
The second scene just blew me away; it was so sad yet so perfect here is the quote from Nathan “When I fell to the floor tonight, I was so scared, I was so terrified. Then I saw you, and I promised myself that if I could just get up, I'd walk over to you... I'd tell you how much I need you and how much I want you... and how nothing else matters.” (tnx to ritergirl for finding me this quote). This scene showed us how much Nathan really cared for Haley in season 1, that he really fell head over heels for Haley.
– Didn’t need to think about my favourite scene in season 2 much because only one comes to mind to be honest. The scene when they are recording a message for their answering machine. It was a very cute, adorable and of course cheesy scene.
– Naleys rain scene (3x13) of course! This scene was super hot, and also Haley’s words (“You don’t need all that stuff you have me”) to Nathan when he tries to catch articles about her made me believe in Naley even more.
– One of the cutest scenes must be in 4x16 Naleys dance on the roof. Love it!
Season 5 – It has to be the hot scene in the 5x13. And the quote from Nathan “Your kindness is overwhelming” was so cute and then he ended it with “you are also sexy as hell” all I can say aww!
– hmm either “Hey 23 call me” or their conversation on the river court about Nathan’s condition (“I played that game for you Haley you know what Id give it up for you too”) or the scene when Haley is on top of Nathan giving him a massage. Season 6 so far had a lot of cute Naley scenes, now we need just more hot scenes.
8. What is your least favourite moment from each season?
"Pure, ready to conquer all obstacles and still strong after so many years!"
– I don’t know I really can’t remember a really bad Naley scene in season 1.
Ok I’ve got it, it has to be the scene when Haley writes Nathan a letter to encourage him that he will do great on his history exam and that letter later comes to the hands of drunken Brooke and she screws everything up. I was so mad at her then. (episode 1x07)
– This should be easy. The least favourite scene is when Nathan crashes his car on purpose. Later in the hospital Haley calls Nathan telling him she will come home but he says no. At that time I was so pissed at Haley she shouldn’t have listened to Nathan in his heart imo he really wanted her to come, besides that, her husband was lying in the hospital she should have been there.
– hmm this is hard again; I guess it had to be the scene where Haley sees that the place where she and Nathan got married is being completely destroyed. Poor Haley
– When Nathan told Haley about Daunte, she completely overreacted.
– Haley asking Nathan for a divorce. That scene left me without words but in a very bad way.
– I really don’t remember a bad scene from this season and I hope we won’t get it too.
9. Ok narrow it down, what is your favourite Naley moment ever?
How can I answer this?? I really don’t know. Well season 1 is my favourite Naley season and the two scenes mentioned in the question 7 are my favourite ones, but closely behind is their first rain kiss. What made it even more perfect as the song in the background (More than anyone).
10. Which wedding did you like the most?
Probably the first wedding. Haley’s dress was simple but elegant and they got married at the most romantic place ever. That wedding showed me that sth doesn’t have to be big or fancy to be perfect.
11. Do you think Naley should have a more ‘sexy’ scene in the remainder of season 6?
YES!! Please Mark give us some hot Naley scenes!!!!!! I think all of Naley scenes so far in this season were cute and adorable but they had so much potential to become hot! For example my favourite Naley scene in this season is when Haley is on top of Nathan and she is giving him a massage. This scene could definitely lead to hot Naley make out but no it didn’t! I don’t think Mark likes us.
12. What season did you feel that Naley were at their best/you liked them the most?
Season 1 no doubt! They were so cute and innocent in the beginning, they had all these amazing quotes, and imo they had best scenes back then.
13. What is your favourite Naley orientated song?
Hmm two songs come to mind Dare you to move and Missing you.
And if anyone forgot with which scenes they go with the first one goes with Naleys first kiss and the second one the hot rain scene in season 3.
14. Where does Naley sit in your favourite couples list?
Hmm I don’t know. I have filled only first and second position, in the first one are Leyton and in the second one are Logan &Veronica (from Veronica Mars). But if I had to place Naley somewhere it would be in my top 5 couples.
15. What do you think is the hottest Naley scene?
Rain scene in 3x13
16. Do you prefer Naley as teens or adults?
Definitely as teens. I mean they are cute as adults too, but everything revolves around Jamie now. When they were teens they had more alone time.
17. Do you think it was a good idea for the pregnancy storyline to be introduced in season 4?
It was interesting for sure, but I think they should wait a while to introduce this storyline. I think of that now because I hate the fact that all of Naleys storylines revolve around Jamie but I guess back then in season 4 I thought the pregnancy was a good idea. First of all it gave a huge question who is pregnant in the first place Brooke or is it Haley? How will Nathan react when he finds out? And of course the adorable hormonal Haley.
18. Did you ever dislike/lose faith in Naley?
I never lost faith I knew no matter what, they will find their way back to each other.
But dislike hmm, I didn’t dislike Naley but I did dislike Haley so of course that influenced on the love I had for Naley. But now I really can’t see what would make me doubt in Naley or dislike them ever again.
19. Do you like Jamie?
Yes and no. I think he was adorable in season 5, but now he is taking to much screen time, screen time that should have been meant for Naley alone. He just got annoying after a while.
20. To finish!!!! Describe Naley in five words!
Amazing, everlasting, perfect for eachother!
I guess that is 5 words
Tnx for the great questions Amy and I really did have fun :)
The scene when they are recording a message for their answering machine. It was a very cute, adorable and of course cheesy scene.
"Haley’s dress was simple but elegant and they got married at the most romantic place ever. That wedding showed me that sth doesn’t have to be big or fancy to be perfect."