Percy Jackson and the Olympians Second Camp Half-Blood Series

Stitch33 posted on May 16, 2009 at 05:17AM
I hear there's going to be another Camp Half Blood series coming out in the fall of 2010. It's going to center around the prophecy told in The Last Olympian.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians 5089 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 4801-4850 of 5089

over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Yeah- I know that by the end of the series, unless something goes horribly wrong, Hazel is going to be a hero, but still... Is she going to get a second chance? Will it stop them from closing the doors of death? Will Hazel have to sacrifice herself for the greater good? Again? (whoa- Deathly Hallows flashback, 'greater good').
over a year ago TheNewSeries said…
big smile
Yeah...well, I hope Hazel gets the second chance. She was going to end up in Elysium but I don't know if freeing Death, if she doesn't do anything else, will be enough to bring her up from the Fields of Asphodel. Considering she helped awaken the giant. But obviously this plan was in commision for a long time.
over a year ago Klug said…
Hecate, your theory on the Mark of Athena is interesting. Ella is bound to turn up in Europe at some point, I think. I've been imagining the "Mark of Athena" as something like the mark that she left on Daedalus' neck, which would never go away. But that doesn't make sense as to how it could "burn through Rome". When I picture that, I've been envisioning a giant symbol of Athena-owls, whatever- quite literally burning down Rome. I know that makes little to no sense, but that's just how I picture it.

I happened to stumble upon the myth that must have given Rick Riordan the inspiration for Frank's stick- in the tale of Atalanta, there is a man who goes hunting with her whose life would end when a stick was burned. This was announced by the Fates, who told his mother of it, and she snatched the stick out of the fire and locked it away in a chest. Anyway, this guy-his name was Meleager- died after he killed his uncles over a dispute about hunting. When his mother found about it, she threw his stick into the fire and burnt it in a fit of rage and Meleager died.

Thoughts on that? Anyone thinking that Frank's death-IF he dies- will be similar to that?
blush
I doubt that Hazel (who is currently the holder of the stick) will EVER throw the thing into a fire. Frank seems like he's pretty loyal to his cause. No, I think it will be by Frank's own hand that he dies, while holding the stick (Iris said that). I think it will have something to do with winning against Gaea requires a sacrifice from the fires of life. Or something like that. Nah, it won't be tossed in a fire, I doubt that. We already know the thing is the size of a chocolate bar. He wouldn't have much time to do anything if he had to burn that stick. Just saying.

As with the Mark of Athena, I think it has something to do with Annabeth (if the prophecy is truly referring to her, of course) will get powers that Athena grants her at the beginning of the quest. She IS the only one without any powers whatsoever...so, that might show us something.

Dunno, until the books come out, this forum is all I've got.
over a year ago percyjrulez said…
tongue
I thought his stick(insert sexual joke here) is as big as a gummy bear.lol, that was it's own joke.
last edited over a year ago
crying
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I thought this was supposed to be a PJO and HOO forum. Not one of THOSE forums. And no, the stick (NEVER EVER EVER INSERT SEXUAL JOKE HERE) is the size of a chocolate bar. It said so in the book after he freed him. I was pretty sure that was what it said.
meh
Okay, so I did some looking back at the books to find out all of Percy's and the other Seven's (Six right now, but Annabeth is under question) powers.

Okay: Let's start off with...

Jason Grace: The Son of Jupiter

Abilities/ (Human) Disabilities
ADHD: Like most demigods, Jason possesses his inborn battle reflexes, his body ready for a fight.
Fighting Skills: (Ability) Jason is a very skilled fighter, trained by the Roman 12th Legion since he was two (or Lupa.)
Dyslexia (May or may not have it): Jason can speak fluent Latin, the language of Rome. Since demigods usually have Dyslexia when they have their brain hardwired for Ancient Greek (Greek Demigods) it would stand to reason that Romans would too. However, evidence of Jason reading the gold tablet in Midas's mansion suggest otherwise.
Demigod Abilities/Powers:
Aerokinesis: (Do you like that? Decided to try adding kinesis instead of saying air telekinesis) Ability to sense wind magic (the vapor trail) and use the winds to his advantage, such as flying or other uses not yet fuly seen. (This ability may be different due to Thalia never discovering the ability, however it may be because she never tried. Nonetheless...)
Electrokinesis: Can summon lightning bolts, can emit blue shocks unto a person if he/she tries to harm him or otherwise, able to shoot arcs of electricity at another enemy and he can also survive lightning that would've killed ten men. Even the venti were surprised at the fact he had survived, leading us to believe that being the son of Jupiter saved him.

Percy Jackson: son of Poseidon

Abilities/ (Human) Disabilities

ADHD: Like most demigods, he has trouble sitting still which is an effect that means that he is ready for combat able to analyze and fight his opponent without being killed.
Dyslexia: His brain is "hard-wired" for Ancient Greek making it hard to read the English words.
Fighting Skills: Percy is the best swordfighter at camp since Luke died. He has managed to defeat many enemies using these skills.

Demigod Abilities/ Powers (Is even more powerful than Nico and Jason)

Hydrokinesis: Percy can control water when near or in the presence of water. He uses this ability several times to his advantage during the six books he appears in.
Water-Induced Abilities: Percy becomes stronger, faster and fighting comes easier when being exposed to water. Salt water was especially good.
Sailing Skills: Not only can he sail well when being on a boat but he knows where they are using latitude and longitude.
Communication: Percy can communicate with undersea animals and horses, since his dad made them out of sea foam.
Aerokinesis: To a certain extent, Percy can use this to create storms and other things that may become useful as the time wears on. The extent to which he can use it has still yet to be seen.
Geokinesis: Due to his father's ability to cause earthquakes, Percy can cause earthquakes. However, this ability is not as advance as if he were a son of Hades/Pluto.
Cryokinesis: Percy can move around snow and ice (a form of liquid in its solid or freezing state).

Those are the two leaders. The others will be done later or not at all if I covered all of theirs last time. I went online to the PJO wiki and found some interesting terms and some powers I had forgotten about. Check it out for more information.
I think we're going to see Annabeth gaining some previously unknown powers that, will, somehow, contribute to burning, a part of Rome down. It seems extremely literal, but that's the only way I can think of it as of now.
tongue
I completely agree. I think we are going to see Annabeth getting new powers BECAUSE as of yet she hasn't had any "special" powers. While all the other seven have powers. She would probably be considered the weak link in the chain.
smile
Here's something interesting; under the reign of the emperor Neron, Rome burnt. Some say that Neron did it to make room for his palace or whatnot; but think this could be anything similar?

And by 'Rome', are we being literal again? Or do we mean New Rome, Camp, the heart and soul of Rome, leaders of Rome... Geez prophecies are so complex! I like Mars' style better.

Klug; I've read it a while ago, which leads me to the ideas- Atalanta??? :D
over a year ago hmoobvaj said…
hmmmm, what makes you guys think it's a literal meaning of burning rome?? just a viewpoint, n i think annabeth will have to be one of the seven, because how else is she going to get to rome if she's not one of them lol i haven't thought up many theories about the next book etc, but i have thought up a lot of theories about the actual greek n roman gods n other religions etc, n i believe they are pretty interesting, everything has an origin, n since the greeks were like one of the first major cities etc, there are a lot of things based of them n their origins
over a year ago penguin098 said…
Searching for answrs, I found an interesting theory from Alexa on wikianswers (the credit for this goes to her not me) It could mean a lot of things. Prophecies are almost always unclear. Most likely, it's referring to Annabeth in some way. However, when it says "Wisdom's daughter" it might not literally mean a daughter of Athena, but it's like a sort of warning: "if you're smart, you'll walk alone"... sort of like a "trust no one" sort of thing. That's the impression I got. If that's true, then it might have something to do with what Mars said to Frank: that because Percy is fataly loyal and can't let his friends go, he will be faced with a decision that he can't make. In that case, it would be wise to walk alone.
Still, it could be taken literally too... like Annabeth actually has to walk alone. It looks like the next quest will be to Rome, so that would explain the "burns through Rome" part. But I don't know what the Mark of Athena is. There's nothing mythological called that. I don't know if Athena has any "marks," other than possibly the one she put on Daedalus? I really don't know. Juno told Percy that she's not sure what Annabeth is up to, and that he should be cautious about her. She also said Annabeth would cause him trouble. She'll probably do something dangerous that will force her to walk alone, or she'll be forced to make a really hard decision.

THis lead me to thinking maybe Annabeth isn't one of the seven, yet she goes on the quest anyways, thus "walking alone" What do you guys think?
The whole "child of Athena walks alone" thing is the reason I have doubts towards Annabeth being part of the seven. If you read it and take it quite literally, like I did, you'd possibly come out of it thinking "Annabeth will realize she isn't one of the seven and has a different job to do, that has to be alone". Other than that, I don't know. Too early to tell, I guess..

Yeah Hecate, I did read it from Atalanta. Good story, although I'm being forced to take notes on all of these myths by my English teacher.
tongue
I read about Atlanta too, I first read it when I was 11 and the last time I read that myth was in August. I would love if I had to copy myth notes for english, I haven't had english yet, thats next semester.

I agree about the theorie on Annabeth thinking shes apart of the seven and then figuring out that someone else needs to be in the seven. Probabaly somone we don't know yet or maybe someone we do know hense Nico, even though he's in rome already.
smile
Juno said that Annabeth had a difficult task ahead of her. It's confusing because the definite 6 have been warned numerous times by the different immortals that their jobs are difficult, but rarely do they warn someone other than the hero spoken of. It seems to me that Annabeth's job is so hard, if she knew about it, it would completely distress her.

Maybe Annabeth's job is going to have to make sure that Percy walks alone :( Yeah; I'm thinking what I sound like I'm thinking.

We're going to have mythology at some point supposedly. :D Easy A! We're probably going to go through the basic myths that I already know like Pandora, Theseus and the Minotaur, Jason and the Argonauts, Troy...

You know; Nico's in Rome, and Annabeth will have a hard time in Rome apparently. Think she'll be captured as well?
over a year ago annebeth34 said…
you all could be right but wat if it's not an actual athenian chid walking alone maybe it means that all will be wise in the athenian way and have to walk alone for any chance of victory ,,,or maybe annebeth's the first to walk alone,,which is neccessary to beat the gian's churnings in rome,,,thus walking alone and burning rome,,all probably determind by actions of Annebeth,,,,,thin it through or it might not make since (pardon my wording please)
Yeah, we'll pobably see the ones that are easy and I've read a billion times like arithusa(if, thats even possible, probably not), Theseus and the Minotaur ect...

It's ok, as long as we understand you.I'm as puzzled as you are.
hmmm... lots of interesting theories you guys have, a lot of different view points, but which one will come to be? or will none of our theories occur? and also, is it mandatory to take mythology? a lot of my friends have it, but i don't, n i thought of quite some interesting theories myself on what might come to be in the series, but right when i get out of that thinking process, all of what i was just thinking about just slips out of my grasp -_- i might re read the 1st series just for the heck of it during the winter break to see if i can get anything out of it, n the laptop that i had TLO n SoN on just recently had its charger fry on me so i can't read them anymore til we fix it, but if i get anything interesting, i'll try to post it up before i forget it
I don't know about EVERYONE, but in my school system the curriculum requires us to learn mythology in Grade 7 and then again in Grade 9, going into more detail with it in Grade 9.

I've been wondering how some of these battles are going to play out- battling monsters in America is one thing, but in the middle of Rome, with all these Italian speaking people and tourists running around? Should be quite a mess..
smile
^I just had a mental vision... Tourists were snapping pictures...

That would suck because you'd then have the demigods not only fighting for their lives and the sake of the world, but also trying to get us stupid mortals out of the way while we stand there, take pictures and yell 'This wasn't in the rule book!'

Think of all the ancient sights and ruins that could be wrecked... :O

And do you think it'll actually happen in Rome-Rome, or maybe on the outskirts?
smile
My cirriculum requires me to have taken some study on Athens and Greek's history in Seventh Grade and then in Ninth Grade (which I am in right now) we have to actually study all the mythology. Right now we are dealing with Egyptian Mythology. We go to Greek sometime before the end of this semester.

That'd be hilarious. A bunch of tourists, people screaming in Italian, a bunch of monsters blowing stuff up. Yeah, I doubt it will happen in the open because hardly any of the stuff in America did unless it was really hidden by Kronos (slowing down time). So...I doubt it will be in the middle of anything. Probably on the outskirts.
I go to a Catholic school... thats all I really wanna say about that. The only time we learn some mythology is is take a course in high school or in english when we get three days where they teach you just a bit, then u get a test. Imma ace that test. I was looking over my friends notes(I don't have english intill next semester), I already know everything on it.

I bet there will be a gigantic war in Rome-Rome but not as bad as Greece is going to be.

I really wish, I could learn mythologys, I would love it so much! I would acctually study.
I'm kind of imagining that the next book will be taking place all over Italy, not just the city of Rome... maybe we will see the appearance of the Coliseaum? :D
over a year ago RickJackson98 said…
hey guys long time no see

anyway god I have missed alot ugh I'll make this short I don't know about Annabeth being one of the 7 most of me is saying she is the part is saying she mightn't and then I think who will replace her then I say no one and the I think new character and then I'm I go not another one.Something tells me Reyna will die in either the MoA or the next one leading to horror at camp Jupiter and Octavian taking a bite out of power and a fight between him and Jason and maybe Percy.I don't know whether the Mark of Athena(as in the mark not book) will be in Rome in Italy or in New Rome if it is in new Rome then I think it may either but the quest in a chance of failing or it may have something to do with Octavian.Like they have a meeting and she gets fed up with Octavian walking his mouth and talks over him this news spreads through camp and people start talking about it leeaving a mark when she leaves of distrust or maybe people might start diagreeing with Octavian more and fight breaks in new Rome between those who agree and disagree with Octavian.If it is Rome then I have no idea what it could be.

You guys are lucky in my school we don't do any form of mythology at all exceptt for small tiny detail in Rome and Celts we like learn 5 of the Roman gods and the Celts now that I think of it there was nothing.

Anyway see ya I'm out
Hey, Rickjackson!

I don't think we really got to think about it, but... Who is the top 5 people you guys think is going to die?

Mine is :
Octavian
Frank(I really don't want him to die, but I feel like it's right)
Leo(don't know why)
(Two people, who, u don't expect to die)
Thaila
Hylla

I don't know, those are my guesses.
sad
Mine are:

Frank (I have already mentioned this)
Annabeth (I don't know, but I feel like Annabeth might not make it out alive)
Hazel (Since she died before and if Frank dies, it only seems right that she'd go with him, like Silena)
Leo (I don't really know either, but I think Leo will get the brunt of the impact when the group is attacked, Gaea seems to really have it out for Leo)

and...

Reyna (for some reason, I feel Reyna will die by the end of the series, possibly leaving Percy and Jason as the leaders. However, that doesn't SEEM quite right, since usually praetors usually get romantically involved/percyjrulez don't even think about it/)

Those are my five.
I think the 5 most likely people to die are

Reyna(Don't know why just seems right)
Frank(I thnnk he may give up his life for the others)
Hazel(If Frank goes Hazel goes I don't kow maybe managing to kill something but dieing in mid attempt)
Leo(When fighting Gaea I think he will do something to put her to sleep yet also die)
Octavian(No idea how if he is fighting for or against the good guys I'm still unsure what side he might be on)

Anyway thats all from me see ya
over a year ago ummiuno011 said…
mischievous
Hey everyone! I'm kinda new to fanpop,and just so happen to stumble upon this.

Anyways,what r we talking about... oh yeah,about who's gonna die. Weird topic...

I think the pplz most likely to die are...
Leo (i dunno,like newseries said,Gaea seems to like taunting Leo)
Frank (he's gonna die holding the piece of wood...)
Hazel (i just don't think it's right that Frank goes with out Hazel)

The pplz that i WANT to die....
Octavian. He's just a little (insert swear word here). He was a complete a-hole to Percy,and he's a phony.

The only thing i gotta say is (this is where my girly side kicks in...) i kinda hope that there'll be a sorta 'love triangle' between Hazel,Frank,and Leo. I know it's not likely,'cause Hazel kissed Frank,but that doesn't rlly MEAN anything,does it? Okay,call me stupid,it doesn't nowadays. Look at Percy,Annabeth, and Rachel!

oh wait... it's supposed to b 5... dagnabbit!
well i don't even have any others...
i just remembered something... *starts laguhing*
my dad is freakin' HILARIOUS! It's an inside joke...

so,uh,YEAH! I dunno if i sound drunk on DacK Jagnels (Epic Meal Time),but this is my first comment on anything.
If I had to take out the ones that I think won't die it would be:
Annabeth:
She's too much of a main stream character. Also I don't think Rick Riordan would do that to such a main character like Annabeth.
Reyna:
She's one of my favorite characters. She's also a new character so, I think we need to see her more before we think she's dead meat.

And...For the ones I didn't say I don't want them to die.
Frank:
I don't won't him to die but, the thing that keeps him alive is a stick(he he he, I'm so immataur) as big(so, immataur) as a chocolate bar.
Leo:
I really don't know why I think he should die. I actually like this character. it's just that, I feel like he needs to die.
Hazel:
She already died, and I don't think it's fair if she died and she's still alive because she has a brother who brought her back.I thinks she has to die, even though I, agian, like this character.

Hey this isn't a weird topic! lol! welcome miuno, can I call you miuno! I made it sound like I don't even know you.Hey guys this is my buddy miuno, I introduced her to the forum!

when I read phony, I thought it said pony, I was about to be like seriously he's a pony to you.

She's right about that Hazel might fall in love with Leo, we don't know yet, but yeah. It's true she ONLY kissed Frank.

I so wanna say something inapropriate(<---Fail, to tired to fix) about that, but I don't know if I can on this forum.
I think any of these people may die, but Rick Riordan has never killed off a major character like Frank and Leo are and will be. He's always jut killed off characters with semi-major roles, like Luke, Silena, Beckendorf, etc... Reyna? Quite possibly could be slated for death. Hylla as well, if she does make another appearance.

Does anyone think we'll see more of the Hunters of Artemis/Thalia in the series?
thnx percyjrulez!!!!
i like this forum... teehee... stop being inappropriate michelle... actually,be inappropriate,i wanna see wat ur gonna say...

as a reply to klug's question,i dunno if we will see more hunters or anything. it's possible,after all,the hunters did come up a couple of times in the pjo series in the war. so,why not now??

okay,i kinda got a question 4 pplz... how do u think Percy will react when he meets Leo?? I mean, remember in the titan's curse when Percy said that he got an uncomfortable feeling whenever he would,like,hear mention of Hephaestus? Well,news flash;Leo is Hephaestus' son!!!

I just thought of something... wat if the Hephaestus cabin watched all 3 Transformers movies... that should be hilarious...
hey ummiuno(mind if I call you miuno) welcome to the spot

I think the hunters will definetly make another appearance I mean R.R. will definetly want Jason Thalia and Leo together again or atleast I want it I enjoyed Leo's reactions to Thalia hey has anyone been wondering whether or not Leo will get some feelings for Hazel making things more awkward for them ha if Hazel is also there when with Thalia Jason and Leo if the gain feelings for eachother ha

miuno I think Percy will like Leo they make the best team both entertaining I mean Percy seems capible of ruling godly parents out of friendships I mean look at him and Frank
hmmm... i was thinking about the prophecy, wisdom's daughter..... what if it's not the goddess of wisdom, but wisdom itself?? just sayin, n i think that a lot of major characters may die in this series, just a lot of sacrifices are gonna need to be made, especially frank
big smile
Hmoobvaj, you got me thinking...

Athena wasn't the first Goddess of wisdom you know. That was Zeus's orginal wife Metis. Metis was the Goddess of wisdom. So, Athena is wisdoms daughter.

You see, this is how the story goes...

So, Zeus heard a Prophecy about how the child of his wife would sorta over throught a God. He didn't know which god, and he thought it might be him cause it siad a powerful God, so he wanted to get rid of Metis.
He called Metis over and told her that he wanted to do a contest with her: who can turn into the smallest animal.
Zeus made her go first. She turned into a fly, and right then and there he grabed her and ate her.
The thing he didn't know was the fact that Metis was Pregnant, hence, his skull cracked open and here comes Athena.The reason he didn't through up the baby was because she was the Goddess of wisdom hence the head/skull.

Your welcome, miuno! I know, at school when someone doesn't know me like that their like "Michelle, you talk like that. I didn't know, it sounds so weird from you, you always say big words and such and sound so...mature"(<---that actually happened)And I smile and something around these lines: Just wait a few weeks then you won't think it's weird, there are so many "thats what she said" Jokes.

Because of the wars, I think we'll be seeing them alot. we need the hunters and we also need(this time around) the amazons.

Percy and Leo will go along fine. Seriously, they will make the best of friends and probably have fun fighting together.
Hmm, I wonder what the Hunters would make of the Amazons. Perhaps they've had encounters with them in the past. I wonder if any of the Hunters are actually Roman demigods..
hmmmm, so the prophecy may not even BE about annabeth at all then, well, even more fuel to this fire of confusion lol
okay zen,i actually have to say something about the prophecy that i think Ella recited...

"The Mark of Athena burns in Rome."
okay,some things that irk me about this.

1) okay,for starters,Athena is the Greek goddess of wisdom. Yet,this 'mark' is in Rome. Then shouldn't it be,'The mark of MINERVA burns in Rome'?

2) 'burns' what does that refer to? burning as in 'fire',which is a sign of Hephaestus,or like a... brand on something... or SOMEONE???

3) okay there's not really a third reason,but i just put it there to make it look more technical ;D

g2g,bed...
!@#$%^&*~ Kay Em Zee
hmmm good question about the athena n minerva thing, n you ever feel like the dreams you have mean something?? like i was watching a video on youtube awhile back, n i saw a picture that exactly resembled something that i dreamed about like 4 years ago, n the craziest part about it for me was that it was like a greek/roman picture too, it was pretty trippy, n i was thinkin about how people say that history repeats itself, in a way it is true, we are always fighting the same battles, just a different time n place,
Hey guys! I might not be here all the time for the next three weeks, i'm grounded so...

R.R Posted on his blog!

Heroes of Olympus, Book 3: The Mark of Athena -- I am hard at work on this book right now. It will take one full year to write and publish it, but it will be out on time in the fall of 2012. I'm afraid that's the absolute fastest it can be released (assuming you guys would like the book to be good!). It will be a while before we announce any further information about this title -- probably next summer, after the Kane 3 tour.

Can't wait for the tour, Imma see him and get my throne of fire and the third book signed.

Also, theres going to be a kane chronicles survivel guide. Just like the Percy Jacson and the olympian Ultimate guide.

Oh, and if your wondering how I'm on the computer, I sneaked around my sister and got on the computer.

Bye! I sadly had to make this brief, I don't even know if I spelt things right.
That is a good point. "Mark of Athena burns through Rome.." you'd think that since its a Roman prophecy, it would have said Minerva. Interesting. It could have said Athena anyway and still meant Minerva, like when people called Percy a son of Neptune even though he's technically a son of Poseidon.

I don't know though.. you think that's a slip up on RR's part or a hint?
smile
I'm ba-a-a-ack...

This is old but I want to do it anyways (top 5 who will probably die)
1) Hylla
2) Octavian (if he gets too cocky... Well, the original praetors of Rome had the power to 'pull' bad leaders from the throne...)
3) Frank/Hazel
4) Ella D:This bugs me nearly as much as the idea of Leo dying, but yes. Ella. She's such a bid for power... Don't you think that in the fights about her protection, she might just get it? Aww, poor Tyson and Ella...
5) Not sure about the last one- but I'm hovering around Leo and Annabeth... Depends how gutsy RR is about killing characters. This war is going to be bigger, badder, more deadly, more dangerous... It seems weird to have everyone on that ship live, doesn't it?

Minerva- Athena. Yeah, it could be a slip. I mean, if you look in the fourth chapter there are signs and the one pointing straight to the ground says 'Hades' not 'Pluto'. But generally RR is good with this stuff, so I don't know.

Personally, I think the mark being Annabeth is a bit too... Obvious for RR. Maybe it'll be something else, like intelligence. Just something really smart is going to destroy Rome.

Maybe Annabeth, before leaving on ship/foot/youpick, will drop a piece of wisdom about Octavian being a horrible leader and that'll destroy Rome.

Maybe it's another child.
Maybe it's myth related. Athena did have a lot of... I guess you can call them foster children, because they weren't her children, but she watched over them. Like Oddyseus, for example. Maybe one of them will attack Rome.

And Rome- we talking Rome Rome, like, Italy with the coliseum, or New Rome or Rome in Ohio? (I'm not sure if its in Ohio but there's a Rome in the US. Under Ontario somewhere). Just some more questions, because if it's in New Rome, then it could be Annabeth. In Rome Italy, then we might meet number 7 on the battlefield itself.
I'm assuming we're dealing with Rome, Italy, but New Rome (Camp Jupiter, right?) would also make sense. I doubt it is referring to any other city named Rome, that would be too confusing..

I think Leo and Frank might die. I mean, Leo being the "fire", Frank is destined to die with his stick burning... what if he and Leo have to sacrifice themselves to get something done? I think they'll all close the Doors of Death and stay alive, but past that, almost everyone is vulnerable, except maybe Percy. I don't think RR has the guts to kill Percy.
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
^ I think he will kill Percy..And Leo and Frank and hazel and Annabeth and hopefully Piper.
poor me,i'm just screaming high pitched 'no's' while i'm writing this.
NO!NO!NO! why do Leo and Annabeth have to die?? u pplz and ur sick-minded ideas!!!
4 all we know,RR could be reading this,and then next thing u know,these characters end up DYING!!!

i used 2 hate leo... until i realized just now i don't... SEE WAT UR IDEAS DO 2 ME??? I'M LOSING MY TOUCH!

if RR kills off any of the following:Percy,Jason,Piper,Leo,or Annabeth,I will personally knock on his door and chase him around with a chainsaw!!!

!@#$%^&*~Kay Em Zee

I just noticed i started a new page... I DECLARE THIS LAND AS NEW SPAIN!! jk...
smile
Yo, I know the real reason you don't hate Leo anymore,miuno, remember the dreams! lolz

R.R wouldn't be reading are forums because he doesn't want to get influenced by us, thats why he didn't watch the movie.He said it himself.

How are we the 6th most popular content, what the hell!
I just finished reading the Son of Neptune for the second time, would've finished it earlier but I'm reading a bunch of other books at the same time. Anyone else interested in what sort of role Octavian will be playing throughout the Mark of Athena?
hey guys I'm back after 17 days of absense.

Sorry have had alot of homework and school andt study for exams I have next week so recently my time has been short.

I am very interested in what role Octavian will play. I know he is bad but I like him, not for the way he acts but for his role and what he will do. It really interests me.

Well there hasn't been much going on since I left.

Ok well I know it is a long time till anymore R.R. books come out so I think I shall list off a few that I would suggest.

1. The Troy series.Highlt recommended it.As you can guess it involves Troy but it is about the rise of the Mykene and their ruler and invader and destroyer of Troy Agammemnon. Now it doesn't follow him it makes him seem evil and for destroying fair play.I am on the 2nd in the series and it is a 3 book series and I love it.The Author is David Gemmell and I praise him he is my favourite dead author.The first book is Troy Lord of the Silve Bow then the Sheil of Thunder and the last as The Fall of Kings.

2. This is also a David Gemmell book I do not believe the books have a series name but the first is The Lion of Macedon.The second is The Dark Prince and that is the end.Both follow the life of Parmenion and Spartan but thrown out for reason you must figure out for yourself.His is considered half Spartan for his mother is Macedonian.He is the greatest Strategos the world has seen and must fight the army of Sparta.That is only half of his first book. He is a mercenary so he has fought for many armies.The army he becomes loyal to is the Macedon army.He srves under the King Philip who had no wish for the throne.He leads Macedon to victory in many battles.At the end the King's wifee gives birth to a boy named Alexander and later to be Alexander the great and we will hear all about hiim in the Dark Prince.

3. I next suggest the Emperor series.I have only read the first and highly recommenc it.It is about the life and rise of Romes greatest Emperor Julius Ceasar.Author is Conn Iggulden.This is all I will say.

4. Like R.R. I recommend the Skullduggery Pleasant series.Written by my favourite (I know it is not R.R. don't kill me) Derek Landy. He is my favourite writer for him being Irish like myself and him being and amazing and entertaining author.His story follows Valkerie Cane (also known as Stephaine Edgly) and my favourite ever character (not Percy Jackson) Skullduggery Pleasant the skeleton detective.If you don't take my advice take R.R. he has recommended it a few weeks ago.This series is on it's 7th book and the will be 2 more and as far as I know one short story for world book day.I feel that it is better than the Percy Jackson and Hereos of Olmpus series but it is tight. It is also a brilliant comedy book and involves a good old bit of magic which is always good. These books will keep you occupied for awhile depending on the speed of your reading.

Anyway will see ya I hope some of you will look into these books and read them if not then I say that you are loosing out on some good books anyway bye.
big smile
Just like to say, those aren't the only good books.

I gotta run so I'll only name the books and series.

1. The Mortal Instruments. I've read all the books, and they are great! The books in this series are; City of bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and City of Fallen Angels. This series is freaking awsome and I recomended it for the 13 and up people. just saying...They ALMOST did it, if u know what I mean in the latest book that came out. The next book in they series is City of Lost Souls. That book comes out in May. The last book is City of Heavenly Fire.
Theres also a prequl, called Clockwork angel.It's a series called the Infernal Devices. The first one is, I already mentioned it, Clockwork Angel and the next book is Clockwork Prince, (which comes out, like next week)and the last book (that will come out next year) is Clockwork Princess. I would seriously love to read them, but I'm broke, so...

2. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. Every fricken' chapter in surprising. The last one that came out... amazing! OM GODS!The ending was fricken' like"WHAT THE F*CK!!!!, HOW THE HELL...OH MY GOD...WHAT THE FRICKEN' HELL!" Epic, epic series. You guys should read it. I would like to say the series is made by a a famous author in Ireland, ;)*winks at rick jackson*.
There are 6 book in this series: The Alcemyst, The Magictian, The Sorceress, The Necromancer, The Warlock, and The Enchantress(which comes out next year).

3. The Curse of the Romanovs.This book is amazing because it did something that most book can't (Other then Harry Potter(just a few books)&The Red Pyramid).............it made me......CRY! The ending...why did that happen....and it's not even a series.....! You guys should read it it's fricken' sad but amazing.

4. The Kane Chronicles triolgy. I'm pretty sure all of you guys have read it. If you liked Percy Jackson, then you might not like the Kane Chronicles as much, but it's still a good series. It's a trilogy, so theres only three books:The Red Pyramid & The Throne of fire. The third books title is unknown right now.

5. The Hunger Games trilogy. Ok, you guys best have read this series because the series is pretty fricken' awsome,epic, and adventerous. There of course are three books: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. It's sad that, I like the series but I don't have it. I hope for my Birthday (in 25 more days) or Christmas (in 27 more days)I get the trilogy and the mockingjay pin.

Those are the books I'd recomend you guys read! :D

Currently, I'm reading the Iron Fey series. I borrowed it from my best friend. I'm reading the first book, The Iron King. So far I like it. Actually no, I LOVE IT! By the time I reach the fourth and final book, the Iron Kight, I'll probably want to read it all over again and buy all four books.

Bye! I'll post later if I get any info or, for once, some one posts >.<
OMG!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!
THIS. IS. URGENT!
OK,so,the other day,I was on CHB wiki,and noticed something.
the first 2 covers of the PJO series and the HoO series are across from each other.
THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE!!!! And I'll explain why:

1)TLT and TLH have something 2 do with LiGhTnInG!! And the characters are somehow betrayed by someone that they thought were helping them (Luke/Khione)
2)SoN and SoM:traveling through the ocean/sea/any kind of other body of water that u can think of, and an item must be returned 2 save the camp (The Golden Fleece/The Legion's Eagle)

NOW do u c wat I mean???? And I have…theories…

The Mark of Athena:Since the main point of TTC (hehe,the TTC…the buses in Toronto are called the TTC's) revolves around the kids of Hades,I'm pretty sure that we'll figure out more about Hazel,find Nico,and learn why Leo looks like Sammy,since Sammy is from Hazel's past.

And so,dat should just about sum up ma theory. L8r sk8rs!!!

!@#$%^&*~Kay Em Zee
p.s. ok…i just realized that that's pretty obvious (finding out 'bout Hazel,etc.)
but I put a BACKUP reason why this is gonna happen. use this theory 2 try and figure out what's gonna happen in the rest of the books.
smile
So.... I'm betting that the cover of the Mark of Athena with be looking over, either new Rome or old Rome, and from either the Argo 2 or some othere flying creature or object.

What the Hell! How are we the ninth most visted!