Almost all supernatural scenes that you see in any commercial movie are the miracles of the green screen technology. Both commercial video producers as well as amateur cinematographers have used this wonderful technique to make all forms of supernatural videos that are hard to believe, however, too captivating to ignore. Among all the scenes that are created by the Chromakey technology, the cup floating in the air is perhaps the most popular effect that is very much loved by the audience. Here is how to make a cup-floating in the air video.
Things you need :
The most appreciable thing about this technique is its simplicity. You can create miracles using just a few basic things such as a green backdrop, Chroma key gloves
, studio lighting equipments, a green screen suit, and green screen video editing software along with your video elements such as table, cup, saucer, etc.
If you are buying your supplies, make sure that the backdrop, the suit and the gloves are of Chromakey green in color. You can conveniently buy them from photostudiosupplies.com or any other online store of repute. If you already have them, spend some time to remove dirt, wrinkles, and folds they have.
Video setup :
Here is how to set up your scene:
1. Hang the backdrop on a stand in such a way that it falls seamlessly on the ground. Use a long screen so that it covers the floor.
2. Make your subject wear a Chromakey suit and the green screen gloves
3. Arrange the table, the cup, saucer, etc. as you want in your video. Place them on the backdrop that falls on the floor.
4. Light you background evenly using lighting source, reflectors, diffusers, etc.
5. Properly illuminate the video elements such as the cup, saucer, table, etc.
6. There should not be any shadows in the scene or else you have to put in your extra effort in editing the video.
Visualize your scene and ask your subject to perform accordingly. For the cup floating in air scene, your subject needs to pick up the cup and move it in the air.
Once your draft video is ready, use a good video editing software to key out the green color. The edited version of the video will have a cup that is floating in the air along with those elements that were not green.
Now you will have to add a background in your video. Choose a nice background such as a kitchen or a living room and insert this into the edited video to make the final film. Do adjust the brightness, contrast, etc. to improve your work.
Your video is ready. Sit on your couch and enjoy watching it.