And don't say because they're cute or anything like it. I want at least 10 good reasons. I want to see if people just pick them because they're their favorite girl.
Yes I know Dawn's my favorite character, but that's not why I like her with Ash. Here are my reasons.
1. They really understand each other
2. Their frienship is stonger in anyone's in the show and in any other anime
3. Dawn wanted to go to Unova with him and Ash wanted her to go.
4. She choose traveling with Ash over Kenny
5. They try to cheer each other up
6. They say they're sorry when they fight
7. They cheer each other on. (Dawn dressed as a cheerleader just for him)
8. They protect each other
9. They're two peas in a pod (just like Lyra said)
10. Dawn asked to come with Ash on his journey (Unlike Misty, May, and Iris who just followed him)
Ash and Dawn are perfect for each other, they're simple meant to be. :3
2. She had shown the ability to take care of children (Bonnie)
3. She can cook
4. She's never mad at Ash, is always sweet and kind
5. She's by far the best designed Pokegirl in the series, especially her first design
6. She's an yamato nadeshiko: the idealized woman in Japanese culture, with the following traits:
-elegant and well-mannered
-chaste and devoted to her husband
-always respects and obeys her husband and never opposes him, even when she thinks he's wrong (she would wisely find an indirect way to prevent her husband from doing something wrong without letting him know, that is to say without humiliating him).
-looks weak, delicate and gentle (like a flower) outside her family, but is able to cope with householding, raising kids etc.
You can say it's sexist or whatever but hey, the Japanese government always promoted this idea as a national propaganda, that definitely meant something.
Now let's go to the other girls:
May: Is with Drew
Dawn: Is hopelessly oblivious, just like King Ketchum himself
Misty: Doesn't love Ash. The original Japanese writer said so. Don't let 4Kidz try to tell you otherwise.
Wow, I think i'm the first big amourshipper here. Oh well.
Anyway, I love amourshipping. It's quite obvious that Serena likes Ash. She never forgot about him, and has known him the longest out of all of the Pokemon girls. He helped her out, and though he had forgotten, he made up for it and continued being with her, even allowing her to travel with them. And after a while he remembered her too and she respected it when it took him a while. He supports her riding Rhyhorn and even learns from her. The Kalos seasons aren't over yet, so I can't post many more facts. I just like the ship the most and think they're a great match. I understand if you don't agree, this is just my opinion. Plus, let's face it, childhood friend ships are cute. I'm not saying it's going to be canon, this is just my ship. I'd appreciate if you didn't shoot it down in the comments to support your own, because it's not going to change my views.
(ignore that old post up there from when i was 11 [animegrl52p] i dont ship it now and i dont really see them together at all really]
Oh I also like him with May!!! I just like him with Serena a lot more
Misty. I also like advanceshipping a bit, but i don't feel like listing that ones reason. BTW, my reasons are going to include stuff from Misty and Ash.
1. They are ten year olds that like to tease and blame eachother like crazy. A lot of kids their age bug the ones they have crushes on. This is to keep their secrets to theirselves.
2. Whenever Misty has a cameo, Ash is the one that is always with Misty. Infact, it is either that Ash is protecting Misty or they are with eachother. Example: When Misty made her first appearance in Hoenn, when she was in danger, Ash told May and Max to look after her. I guess Brock still stayed with Ash, but still. Then, in the special "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" when anyone could of gone inside the lab to save Prof. Oak, Ash and Misty ended up insisting that they go together.
3. When Misty had to leave, she cried and ran away because of Ash's reaction. Obviously, she thought he didn't care so she was sad. Then, when they were about to seperate, Ash said they were ment to become friends.
4. 4kids supported pokeshipping. On the second last episode of Master Quest, there was a scene that went through Ash and Misty's moments. Brock wasn't important in this scene.
5. There are several songs for pokeshipping in pokemon soundtracks. Including one from the japanese version of "The Power of One". Some other songs include "Under the Mistle Toe" and "Misty's song"
6. both get jealous when the other is with a character that likes them. Example: Misty with Rudy and Ash with Macy
7.In the tenth pokemon opening. Misty is shown on the same Queen of Hearts card as Delia. Some say this repersents the two most important people in Ash's life.
8. Ash takes good care of the gifts Misty gives him. He brought the pink hankercheif (that is givin to sweethearts in japan) to Hoenn. Misty also gave him a Misty Lure, which he brought into Sinnoh. Ash wouldn't let Dawn touch it and he was relieved when he found out it wasn't broken.
9. Ash started off as a kid that knew nothing of catching pokemon or anything. It took a LONG time, but Misty got on his back and taught him many things. Although it seems that he forgot everything in Unova, he wouldn't even of been where he is if it wasn't for misty.
10. i am tired of typing. here is more link end of story
I agree that dawn is the best pick I know most misty fans defense is NOTHING BEATS THE ORIGINAL I get ok! I love misty but watch the final episodes of master quest in the johto saga where ash friendzone misty he said "I am glad that you are my friend,I think we are destined to be friends and I dont want that to change" and misty is older than ash guys!!! c'mon now a girl that just turned 10 a gym leader she should be atleast 11 and he is taller than ash too that doesnt look good in anime standards. May first of she is HOT but dont forget there is a guy named drew that she actually likes showing affection to him (blushes and deep thoughts) drewxmay looks so cute. Iris she was made to stop the shipping cause there are too many girls already her character is like a lil sister to ash. back to dawn she is REALLY beautiful made May look plain honestly and the girliest of the four, they have the strongest relationship compared to the other four with that signature high five too close ups on their hands touching and stuff. watch the shipping on D and P movies saga and it was romantic in my opinion. there is even a japanese commercial made for them where Satoshi(ash) holding Hikari's(dawn) waist ash actually made a move! a first for ash Lol She dumped kenny on a NOTE and went with ash Haha! its like breaking up on a text. I think its not a coincidence pokemon creators made it for a reason why dawn and ash's relationship is like that lets accept it (coming from a former May-Misty fan)
PS:I watched the whole pokemon series because I was so curious I like of of the pokemon girls, no bandwagoning involved its just plain facts and what I seen.
There are three girls in the anime who have explicitly stated that they like Ash (that I know of):
2) Serena (XY)
3) Miette (XY)
Look it up if you don't believe me. Personally, I prefer AshxLatias or AshxAnabel, mostly due to their ability to create the bond they did in such a short time. Also, Ash's "first kiss" (I use the term lightly) was with Bianca/Latias in human form.
To disprove several claims otherwise, Ash risking his life to save Pokemon/friends is simply part of his character, and he has died at least 4 times doing so (movie 1: turned to stone, movie 8: absorbed by a tree, movie 9: drowns, and Lavender Town: chandelier falls on him and he becomes a ghost).
I think he would be good with Serena because 1. They have a history. 2. They work together great. 3. They are great friends 4. She has a big heart 5. Serena can cook and ash loves her cooking 6. Serena is some what famous 7. Ash won't have to date someone he has no feelings for 8. She doesn't care for a change 9. Serena taught him how to ride a rhyhorn 10. If he marries Serena then what is hers is his and he would be closer to catching them all. Imagin it
Dawn, of course. I support your reasons, pumpkin queen. Also, I will state reasons or not supporting other shippings. I've heard too much about pokeshipping and most people just like it because Misty was his first traveling companion. How is hitting someone on the head with a mallet and potentially causing permanent, lethal brain damage showing love? She yells at him too much. May is a bit harder to argue about, but Pearlshipping evidence kind of overpowers Advanceshipping. Another note about Pokeshipping is that Ash is too young for romance at 10 and Misty is actually older than him. This relates to Advanceshipping because May is only slightly younger than Ash. However, some minor things is that Ash sometimes missed May's contests so he could train. That shows that he sees training as more important than watching and cheering for May. On the note of Negaishipping, Iris is way too young for Ash. Also, she reminds me of Misty. She calls him a little kid even though he should be fifteen or sixteen years old by the time he reaches Unova while she is only ten. Nuffield said. I have no love for Ikarishipping as Paul is a douchebag. He hates everyone, but changes at the end of Sinnoh. As a final note, I heard somewhere that Agatha once said "In order to get to the future, you need to defeat the past." Sinnoh is the future and Kanto is the past. The future has beaten the past. Sinnoh Ash is stronger than Kanto Ash. I'd say that Hoenn and Sinnoh were the peaks of his career so far. So now we are in the future of Pearlshipping.
Misty totally! Many parts of episodes show that misty and ash both like each other they get jealous of each other with other people and they both treasure their gifts that they receive from each other. Sure the other girls love ash but does he like them???
Aipom because it's obvious she likes him a lot and despite the fact he usually gets annoyed by her antics it's obvious he cares about her, and here's proof
1. She always takes his hat and runs around making him chase her, and she usually does this because she wants his attention.
2. When he was about to leave for Sinnoh, all of Ash's other Pokemon looked happy whereas Aipom looked sad.
3. Aipom followed Ash onto the ship he and Pikachu were taking to Sinnoh.
4. In "Aipom and Circumstance" Ash stated "Hey we can't just leave one of the family behind." When he said this Aipom had a big smile on her face because she was happy to know Ash cared about her as much as he cared for Pikachu.
5. Also in "Aipom and Circumstance" when the gang finally got the crown off of Aipom, Ash hugged her and told her "Please stop doing crazy stuff." After he said this, Aipom blushed
6. In the episode "Overjoyed" after Ash sent Aipom to Professor Oak's lab, she attacked Professor Oak, mostly out of anger and confusion because Ash wasn't around.
7. In the episode "Thinning the Hoard" when Ash told Aipom "This hat stuff's getting kind of old" Aipom lowered her eyelid and stuck out her tongue in a teasing yet playful manner.
8. In "Borrowing On Bad Faith" Ash imagined Aipom leaving him while he watched Jessie and Aipom perform together during an unofficial Contest.
9. Also in "Borrowing On Bad Faith" when Aipom jumped onto a net filled with bananas that was attached to Team Rocket's balloon Ash said sadly "I guess you wanna be with them more than you wanna be with me." He then looked down at the ground and began to cry until Pikachu, Dawn, and Brock pointed out to him Aipom only went after Team Rocket because they had bananas.
10. In "Mounting a Coordinator Assault" Ash entered the Jubilife Contest with Aipom and during their performance in the first round, Ash complimented Aipom on how she was doing.
I have so many Ash shippings, but I like all Ash/Main Girl ships. I personally don't have a favorite right now.
Ash & May are friendlier to each other than they were to other people. Plus, Ash doesn't insult May and then throw a rose at her face. And Ash still kept his Teddiursa figurine (and I think the ribbon) in Unova, which shows he never forgot May!
I love these two. They do fight quite a lot, but they're always there for each other in the end.
Iris is just different from the other Pokemon Girls and even Ash himself. You know, opposites attract! Plus it would be awesome to see their personalities counter each other.
This is canon one-sided as we all know. I find it cute how Serena didn't forget Ash after about 10 years or so. I don't know about you, but I don't remember many people from that long ago. (Unless I still see them all the time, like my family)
I used to be repulsed by this one. But I gave in. As a GymShipper, I used to hate it (of course), but I realized there are moments that made me question how in the world I was a GymShipper. But don't worry, I didn't give up on GymShipping!
well ash is actually not even a teenager and it is not his age to kiss or something but actually i think ash is best with misty because they care for each other. In the orange league episode navel maneuvers when misty was talking and showing concern for the gym leader ash was feeling jealous and saying why she was not asking him how he was. also in the episode the school of hard knocks ash asks misty why they cant be good friends. also when misty left she had a special good bye song while the others did not have. maybe the people are not showing ash in love with a girl because it can make a controversial topic and they can get blamed again like the time when they got blamed for making jynx like afro or something. but i think time has changed and there are all sort of cartoons showing liking between characters so they should also show who ash likes.
Misty: Idk I think that their relationship got a lot better as the series progressed. In the start they bickered a lot and picked on each other, but later on they didn't do that much. + I like how Misty doesn't let anyone push her around. I believe their relationship might work out. Also team rocket/ nurse joy teased them about liking each other
May: Ash and May both love food and their personalities seem to match. Also May are stubborn like Misty so I like that she's not so girly-girly.
Iris: Lol she and Ash are funny together. + I believe that their relationship worked out the best. I mean they're both childish, like to swing on wines, aim to become Pokemon/Dragon master and so on. + Cilan teased them about being alike and like Misty Iris and Ash denied this also. Maybe they will work better toghether as they grow out of their childishness :P
Angie: One sided crush! Even Angie's parents teased her about marrying Ash and taking over the daycare. And I like how their relationship went smoothly. I believe their personalities work very well together
Well looks like I prefer tomboys together with Ash. Idk I don't like Ash x Girly girls. It might work good but meh.. Otherwise I don't care who he ends up with. My BROTP will always be Ash x Pikachu
1. In the episode the Ghost of Maiden's Peek at the end where Misty is in a Kimono and her hair down Ash is just amazed.
2. Misty did save ash from drowning and had a worried face.
3. Any time Ash does something crazy and doesn't come back for awhile Misty becomes worried.
( Sorry for only coming up with three)
Reason 1. Misty loves tracey
Reason 2. Dawn loves paul
Reason 3. Iris loves cilan
Reason 4. Serena loves ( forgotten his name)
So only may is left for ash
Reason 5. They shared their first ribbon
Reason 6. Treeco saved torchick from seviper, but he get injurerd by himself. Pokemon mirror their trainers and this can be interpretted as choosing may above himself
Reason 7. Ash teaches may everything he knows about pokemon, even when she asks stupid questions
Reason 8. They both have a bulbasaur
Reason 9. They have the same character
Reason 10. In the episode with the wingull may searcses an ship special for ash.
Sorry for my terrible grammar. I only study english for an jear
Misty, I say so because in the Indigo League, Misty and Ash seemed as if they had something going on towards the end. She never seems to remember about the bicycle until it is mentioned, like in, " The Bridge Bike Gang" when the man at the toll booth says, " even if it were finished, you wouldn't be able to cross unless you had a bike." And don't forget the very last episode in the series and the lyrics in the song.
I think misty. 1.she risked her live to find ash in the power of one movie then when ash a pika hu turned into ghosts she cried but wiped away her tears before he saw them and their goodbye was better than when he said goodbye to May or dawn I don't care for iris though
1.They met earlier before the girls misty May dawn and iris
2.Misty and iris clearly hate him
3.They're meant to be
4.May hated him too
5.Ash is like her knight in shining armor
6.Ikarishipping (dawnxpaul) is better than Pearlshipping
7.The creator of the series actually loves Amourshipping
Misty: no.big a$$ to ash, both barely got along with each other, had to have Brock hold misty back cause ash didn't feel how misty wanted him to when he was depressed with the match with Ritchie, most the time wasn't supportive of him, and is not as temperamental with Tracey. Also, 'misty's song' was only dub cr@p lol.
May no. She has drew, they both really like each other, both showed that they're just friends nothing more. Movie 9 and their ribbon thing is cute though.
Dawn: just really close friends who are supportive. None seemed to like each other like that, and both just seem like best friends who happened to be different genders. Even 'their song' is just them saying that they're good friends.
Iris: teasing ash with 'such a kid', gazing at him during a gym battle looking interested, had an actual date not just gone shopping & ash ditching her in the middle of it, got along so well by also swinging from trees with ash and didn't have a lot of arguments with him, no guy she has interest in or goes well with. Sadly, she has the same problem as dawn.
Serena no. Yes we get it, she has a crush on ash. No one (should) care. Ash sees her just like the other girls, treats them less as a friend as dawn and iris since he shows little interest in her interest and would rather do his own thing than be with her (this 'date' lol and her first poke video).
Pikachu. That's who he'll stay with for the rest of his life.
1. Never oak'd him.
2. Mewtwo returns, pika was the first to cry and that unstoned ash. He also tried to shock him back to normal, since he knows ash can take it.
3. He cares about want Pikachu wants so much that he let's him decide what he wants like not evolving and staying outside the pokeball.
4. Bye bye pikachu. He almost let Pikachu go FOR HIS HAPPINESS, but Pikachu still decided to be with him instead of his own kind.
5. They sleep close together. And ash slept by pika's side when he was sick in the advance series.
6. 'I WON'T LET YOU HAVE PIKACHUUUUUU!' He didn't say that about his other pokemon.
7. Both trust each other so much. Pikachu is usually his ace, and also has trusted Pikachu to protect may in the movie.
8. In that lucario movie, ash couldn't stop thinking of Pikachu and vice-versa.
9. he was ash's first.
10. They are insync. When ones sad, so is the other. They get pumped together, pissed, hungry, and tired at the same time.
11. In Mewtwo returns, ash notices what pikachu is doing, and is agreeing with him, and tries to stop the fighting.
12. He hugs pikachu a lot.
13. Pikachu kissed him on the cheek when they got away from the spearow
14. Mean and embarrassing comments from pikachu. Surge & anyone else doesn't push ash away from pika at all, and ash alwayes defends him right when it happens.
15. Pikachu wants ash and ash alone. He tells meowth own this multiple times.
16. He tried to sacrifice his own comfort and life for pikachu, but Pikachu completely refused and accepted the same fate as
Here me out. I confess I haven't seen that much of Negai and Armourshipping although I love Serena. It's obviously Latias.
First off their bond was so strong and it only took one movie. Second he kept on annoying Bianca because he thought she was with him.
They really looked adorable playing together in the garden, she is one of the few.characters that hugs him a lot and Latias was Ash's first kiss.
I know this is a doozy but you have to admit that it is a really good pairing since I like forbidden stuff. Another is that this is criminally underrated while most of the other pairings had more time than Latias.
If you see Pokemon heroes again you will see the clear connection and they are cute together. I don't care of Latias uses her Bianca form or her other form in maid adventures and if ash cannot be with a girl then why not a Pokemon.
I can ask any question you guys give me but it's Altoshipping all the way!
2. They have been through a lot of harsh times where they supported each other.
3. She dressed up as a cheerleader to support Ash in his gym battles, and I don't see any other girls in the series that did this
4. They cheered each other on to not give up
5. She chose to travel with Ash instead of Kenny
6. Lyra stated that they are two peas in a pod
7. She wanted to go to Kanto but was held back because she had an urgent meeting with the Pokemon Stylist
8. They actually cared for each other whenever they fight then they make it up later
9. They train a lot together
10. They probably have the strongest bond of friendship (I said probably)
*No hard feelings for people who think Serena is perfect for Ash, this is an opinion after all.
*I also think that the DP (Diamond and Pearl) series were the best so far due to today and whenever the group parted to pursue their dreams, I felt empty and wondered when will they next meet again.
*Sounds weird but I skipped two seasons of Black and White just to see the reunion of Ash and Dawn.
*There was also an opening called "High Touch" where it resembles only Ash and Dawn.
*Their beginning of pokemon journey was also similar, both Ash and Dawn's beginner pokemon did not obey or listen to them. Both of the pokemon protected their trainer in the beginning (Pikachu protected Ash from a flock of spearows and Piplup protected Dawn from a large group of ariados.) They both don't have any siblings and Dawn was meant to be a leading heroine in Diamond and Pearl, just like Ash.
*Hope they meet again someday..
She was Ash's first companion.
Ash cried when she left.
Ash's pokemons were the friendliest with her, comparing to the other girls.
Ash blushed when he saw her in a kimono.
Plus, they look so sweeet together!
1.Serena loves him
2.Ash had a childhood lover
3.When she saw him in tv she go after him
4.Ash ask she to go whit him(not like May,Dawn or Misty)
5.She not like a fighting girl but she love pokemons and
Eevee and Fennekin evolve because she tell them not problem if they don't win
6.She take care of him
7.She the most beautiful Pokegirl
8.THEY HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A DATEE!!!!!!!
9.She can cook
10. She not look like a strong girl but she really strong
11.When she failed her performance she cut her hair
get a new outfit and never(!) give up
12.Ash jump after Serena when she almost fell into a ravin
13.At XY and Z episode 28 they have a little fighting when Ash tells Serena she opened his eyes and that the reason why he come back
Dawn! Cuz she is closest to Ash, they even had a song where they sing about how close they are and always be with each other! Pearlshipping has many hints. There are also many many hints in the songs (mostly in movie 10, 11, 12)!
Dawn is my favourite out of Ash's female travelling companions (though I haven't seen much of Black and White, or X and Y), but I'd prefer Misty to get with Ash, because she was there first and she's pretty awesome. I also seem to recall some vibes from Misty indicating she had feelings for Ash, which I never saw from any of the other girls.
Just as long as it's not May, I can't stand May. >.> Unpopular opinion, I know.
Its a tie for me, i say misty or dawn. My reasons are, obviously near the end of the first season the writers basically wrote in that misty loved ash when she had to leave and she cried because ash made it seem like he didnt give a crap she said i cant believe this after all we been through together that he still has no clue or something like that i dont remember the exact quote but thats proof and also throughout the other seasons he carries that misty lure i think he even says something to may about it quoting that the lure was a gift from somebody really amazing that proves ash has feelings for her too, may loves drew thats pretty obvious just re watch the seasons may is in you will see. I think its a pretty close match between anabel the frontier brain and that one girl from the pokemon summer camp the one he rescues from getting pulked to the spirit realm i cant remember her name she was ash's biggest rival acted just like him lol. Now for dawn, the more i think about it the more i say they may have cared for eachother a lot but i dont see them getting together just cause they figure that its bes for them to stay best friends then lovers but maybe sometime they will decide to atleast go on a date lol and see hiw it works out. I say they love eachother but they feel like they need to just stay friends and just be there for eachother. Dawn and ash's relationship reminds me of me and one of my friends relationship lol i think Dawn should be with ash thou they would make a cute couple and it would probably be an amazing relationship as well lol. I cant really say anything about the other girls yet cause i just started on n the season where he meets iris so idk hiw i feel lb about them two yet lol
Dawn. 1. Ash and Dawn both respect each other. 2. They don't realize it but they have feelings for each other. 3. They saw luvdisc together, and it is said that the couple who see them are meant to be together. 4. Lyra who is good in identifying couples indirectly said that Ash and Dawn are the perfect couple. 5. They cheer each other up. 6. It is said that pokemon's are same as their trainers, Dawn's buneary has a crush on Ash's Pickachu and Ash's Oshowatt likes Dawn's buneary. 7. They may have fight, but they understand each other and then bond again. 8. Ash and Dawn both never missed each other's training or tournament. 9. They traded their pokemons, which shows their faith in each other. 10. The most important Ash and Dawn are the first and the only couple who have a full song "high five" based on their relationship. In the song there is a line "we are more than just friends" that explains the whole relation. And 1 more Ash and Dawn were featured in pizza commercial where Ash holded Dawn by waist.
- she loves ash from the childhood.
- she is the only girl after misty gets special attention from Ash
- She is the only girl who is invited by Ash to make journey together
- No matter what the situation is she made cheering up Ash
- She is the only girl who cares Ash most
DUH! Dawn! not only is she my fav character, she actually has a relationship with Ash and expresses it in a cool way. some people might disagree and say serena and misty,but misty never really told ash and even though my friend keeps telling me Ash kissed serena, it is the other way around. iris does not love people, and may is with drewwwww plus Dawn is Ash's cheerleader.. DAWN ROCKS!!!! GOOOOOO PEARLSHIPPINGGGGG!!! (sorry)also, ash jumped into another DIMENSION to rescue her. also, ash gets super angry at shaymin when dawn sides with it in an argument.also, ash always watches dawns contests and really cares about her.