Over the years many people have asked the question, "what gender is Ash's pikachu?" Some say male, some female, and some say "it."
All through the years of my pokemon journey I have been studying the hormones of ash's pikachu and stand by what I have always believed, that ash's pikachu is a female. here is a list of evidence I have to support that.
1. pikachu has shown a great deal of female hormones such going crazy, being irritable, screaming, and snapping at others when upset, just like girls often do when upset, dealing with drama, and/or PMS'ing
2.Pikachu has always shown a very mothering instinct with smaller pokemon. Ash's pikachu has countlessly put its life on the line to protect misty's togepi and the pichu brothers. Whenever it was around these pokemon it would protect, care for, and try to set a good example for thses pokemon so they would learn how to behave. Much like a mother does for her children.
3. some people believe that pikachu must be male becase it is so powerful. I say that is sexist, because I have always thought of pikachu as a strong female character like xena the princess warrior, Helen of troy, and wonder woman.
4. some people believe that pikachu is male becaue the end of its tale is flat and square. Because in diamond and pearl, males have flat tails, and females have inverted tails. But this proves nothing since there where male and female pikachus long before that rule came out, and all of those female pikachus in sliver/gold, sappire/ruby, and leafgreen/firered, had flat tails.
5. Some pointed out that mistys's togepi once used the move "attract" on ash's pikachu, and it was effective, saying this proves pikachu to be male. But there never was any clarification that misty's togepi was female.
6. now people say that the fact that Dawns buneary has a crush on pikachu which is obvious proof that ash's pikachu is a boy. But just like misty's togepi there is no clarification that her buneary is a female. In fact the ONLY reason they believe buneary to be a girl is because of its affection for ash's pikachus, who technically was never confirmed to be a boy. so there is no way from that you can prove eithers pokemons gender just from that.
It is has female hormones, a mothering nature,its tail has no say, and both togepi and buneary where never confirmed to be females, which proves Ash's pikachu to be a GIRL.