Pretty Little Liars TV Show Article

Spoiler about A (Read at your own risk)

Article by mommaof2boys posted over a year ago
Mona Vanderwaal
* In Pretty Little Liars, Mona is A in the beginning but is killed by falling off a cliff (when trying to push Spencer off) but in the end Ali becomes the real A. Ali never died and is actually a killer. Alison has a mentally ill twin named Courtney that none of her friends knew about. Courtney escaped from a mentally ill center, pretended to be Ali, and had her sister sent to the center saying Ali was Courtney. Courtney read Alison's diary containing all the girls secrets. When Alison escaped from the center, she sneaked into the barn and kidnapped her sister and buried her alive in revenge. Somehow Mona read the diary and was A. Also in the book, Hannah finds out Mona is A and Mona hits her in a truck causing Hannah to lose her memory for a short time. Spencer also finds out Mona was A and Mona brought Spencer to a cliff and tried to push her off luckily Spencer moved away but Mona fell off and died (after this Ali becomes the real A)

* Mona is A for a period of time till she is killed by the real A who is actually Ally(the real one)

* yes Mona is the first A and how did Mona find out all of their secrets? well Maya took the boxes out of her room that was Allison's and Mona took Allison's old diary and she now knows all their secrets

* Yes. Mona is one of the As until she dies in book four. Alison than becomes the A. Alison had a twin sister Courtney, who was the one who died. They were identical twins. Courtney played Alison during the time that Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria were friends with her.

* I'm not familiar with the books, but I have read enough to understand what is going on. Okay, Alison has a twin sister named Courtney. They were completely identical. No one in Rosewood knew of Courtney because she was mentally ill. She would always claim she was Alison and wasn't. Their parents decided to send Courtney away since she was mentally ill, BUT whenever they sent her away, it wasn't Courtney that they sent away, it was Alison. They thought they sent Courtney, but since Courtney was always claiming she was Alison, they thought they were really sending Courtney. So, Courtney is now in Rosewood pretending to be Alison. And Alison is in a mental hospital with her parents thinking she's Courtney. Since Courtney was now trying to take over Alison's life in Rosewood, she 'dumped' Alison's old friends and befriended the four girls-Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna- so that Alison's old friends wouldn't notice that it wasn't really her. Whenever Courtney was pretending to be Ali, she wrote down all of the 4 girls secrets in a diary. Then, the night in the barn, Alison escaped from the mental hospital and kidnapped Courtney-whom the girls thought was Alison-from the barn and buried her alive in revenge from stealing her life. So technically, Alison isn't dead. Alison killed Courtney, but since Courtney was pretending to be Alison, the town of Rosewood thinks it is Alison that is dead because they didn't know of the twin sister or the change-up. Now, for 'A'. Whenever Mya moved in, there were still some of Alison's things in the house. So Mya brought the boxes out and set them on the sidewalk. The diary that Courtney had wrote all of the 4 girls secrets in was in one of the boxes. Without anyone noticing, Mona took the diary and then became 'A' because she knew all of the girls secrets. In the last episode of the first season, Hanna has figured out who 'A' is because she is spying on Mona's birthday in the woods since she was uninvited. Mona figures out that Hanna knows she is 'A' and hits her with the car, causing her to have short-term memory loss so she cannot tell the 4 girls about her discovery of 'A'. Apparently in the books, Mona dies whenever she is trying to push Spencer off of a cliff and Spencer moves, causing Mona to fall off the cliff. Therefor killing 'A'. The real Alison-(since she is alive and Courtney, who was pretending to be Alison, is really the one that is dead) takes over the role of 'A'. Hope that isn't too confusing! Haha.

* Yes. Mona is one of the As. The other one is really Allison. Alison had a twin sister Courtney, who was the one who died. They were identical twins. Courtney played Alison during the time that Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria were friends with her.
Alison bracelet

You should probably change the title, some people dont wanna know who A is & the title totally ruins it for them

i already knew, so........

meh
and you keep repeating yourself, so no offense your article isn't that interesting.......

mischievous
IDK why so many people are being negative awesome article BTW

Delena9 said:
I hope that show will not end like this , it is stupid ;)

smirk
wowwwww... Okay, you guys do realize that this is the BOOK's version, not the TV series.. If they made the book identical to the tv series, no one would watch because knowing who A is would defeat the purpose of it being a mystery. Yes the books are similar to the show, but they are only using the main plot, not every detail.. JTLYK

iknowall said:
Even though its a book version an0nym0us3 there is a connection between the tv programmes and the book which will make more sense to the whole twin thing

This doesnt explain why Toby is now part of the A team!

Hawkbelly said:
Hello? This is the spot for the pll tv show. It is different from the book.

My honestly opinion is that the final on tv show will be different cuz many people read the book, so will lose all the story's central part. sorry with my english. xoxo.AAAnd you repeat too much the same information. i could say everything in nine lines.

Great article!!.....Loved it!

meh
Yes I know and I wish that Toby didn't die (I shouldn't say this because it's not really the topic) but I knew that Alison was always alive btw I can't wait for 3x24 ( this is A dAngeres gAme )

TOBY I Love You Why!!!

Ahh Thank you so much

Thanks for the spolier alert! Mona died? On the halloween one she wasn't dead?

meh
victory95 said:
whyyyyyyy so confusinggggggggg

Gittegirl said:
OMG Crazy

OMG........... But why is Toby a part of A????? agreed with @LoveSucksVamps
so confusing..........
But Thanks! :)

meh
lexi107 said:
ummmm all of this is mistaken u have it wrong sorry.....Mona is not dead she fell the cliff but had a concision. she was locked up in the mental place but had an insider who has something to do with "A" so she often would get out to help this A person. as in the show the girls don't know about the twin because they haven't thought about "Ali" telling that story where she stabbed the real Ali. the whole Courtney died thing is true but not yet in the series have they showed what happens after the whole A thing gets on news or whatever but i have read the book and mona does die and so does toby but not yet. the reason why the real ali hasnt killed the girls yet is because shes not done tour-ting them yet in in the book the girls were watching the news and the people made a tv show out of there lifes and what happen anyway emily in the book see's ali again after everything and sooner or later all the girls meet at a location where ali sets them up to let them know the game inst over. wlecome any questions

PLLeek said:
that's not true Mona isn't dead

eirinip said:
i confused!!! can someone explain me who is the A?

Okay so Ali is alive and she killed her sister. Then does that mean her parents know she is alive? Cause they can't assume Ali is dead and Courtney is in Mental house but she isn't cause she escaped aka Ali?

okay on the show toby is not dead and neither is mona she almost dies by getting choked by A who is wearing an ally mask

zzz
sommerb said:
The problem is that you are getting your info from the books,so you can't be sure that is true on the tv show. There have been a lot of differences between the books and the show

Well , i really liked your article you explained so well in my opinion . Im satisfied . Thank you . Im really looking forward for this to be shown in the show .

Kitten538 said:
What's the name of the book?

FAITH-hjk said:
Now i feel like watching more from the first episode, when i know everything from this article already. -.-

Thank God! I hate this show, but I came home one evening and my house-mate was on epidose 11 of the first season, so I watched it. Got the gyst of what was going on and watched another and then just had to know who 'A' was because I love mysteries. Love guessing and love finding out if I'm right or wrong. Kept watching until midway season 2, which is a big commitment for a frustrating highschool drama. Went back to the beginning to see what I had missed before returning to Season 2. Then finally, got the bright idea to Google this shit since the series is book-based. Yes! It's over!

I'm sure no one cares, but I'm elated and obviously have the spare time. Watch this crap after I put my daughter to sleep and with a glass of wine because it's mommy time and I don't have to be productive when it's mommy time.

Also, when I first started watching I was sure it was Allison. However, when I watched the beginning I was half-sies on that theory. Considered Mona, and Spencer's big sis, maaaaybe Jenna, but still leaning towards Ali. Pretty sure I wouldn't have figured out the twin thing, though.

Anyways, 'mommaof2boys', Peace be with you

Why would Ali want to continue to ruin her friends lives after Mona?
I thought she liked them.. or did she go crazy when she was in the Mentally Ill place?http://images.fanpop.com/images/emoticoons­/un­cer­tai­n.j­pg

Why does Ali harm them? I mean she already got revenge with her sister. I think she's the one who's actually ill

Butwhats up with toby and that blind girl? I havent seen much yet

Mona didn't die! Obviously

tamesha26 said:
wow i thought that helped but after reading all the comments i'm confused and eager to watch more...................... by the way great article BTW

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

that was in the book and i think they said they would make it different

westbex said:
Yeah , I don't get the whole Cece Drake thing ...

this is all wrong. the book is completely different from the show. yes, it is most likely that courtney will be introduced as a version of Alison was killed. But we all know that A is not one person, it is the A Team. which is supposedly supposed to stand for each person involved. T is for Toby, E is for Ezra, A is unknown but many think it is Aria because there are several clues and you can never expect this, we all thought that because ezra was introduced as a new person that he could be a, but the whole a thing did start when aria returned, and M is considered Mona. the A in the front of A team, could be anything. yeah sure, it could be alison. but i dont think you realize this, pretty little liars is the unexpected, you cant expect it to be alison or ezra because the plot is going that way, it can turn out in any way possible. And toby didnt betray anyone. He became part of the a team to protect spencer, and i believe it. you are all stupid if you are relying on the books to guide you through the show.

MadamAlbs said:
Hey guys, this is *NOT* a spoiler unless you wanted to read the books. If this was a straight book to television translation there would be a limited number of seasons, and more likely this would have been made into a movie because really, you're going to sit for YEARS watching a tv series you already know the outcome of? The only spoiler is Mona, and the A Team theory standing for each member is interesting but I've not come across an article where a PLL crew or cast member has said this is fact, neither has it been confirmed that Ezra is actually apart of the A Team or just... a random stray bullet of revenge and stuff - it's not even a fact that Ali's going to have a twin in the series so ... chill and enjoy the ride~

who is the real A according to the tv serial?that is my question.........

alisonxx said:
yeah, and what about ezra?? i don't think that alison has a twin. This theory only applies to the book.

nad_mk said:
i think 'A' might be Jason. otherwise Mrs. DiLaurentis wouldn't try to protect someone else covering the murder of her daughter. If it's not gonna be Jason it should be someone she considers as family.

I fucking hate this show, but I also love it..

this show litteraly makes me crazy .. I don't understand any of this comments, I just want to know what the hell happens at the end and get over it. Even though I porbably will hate the end to, because never has a tv show had a good ending haha...

HOW EVER! I started watching this for a long time ago, then stopped.. and now I started seeing old episodes from season 1 AGAIN on tv, and NOW I am watching it online, and I'm in season 2 episode 13.. I'm where they think they are going to save Dr.Sullivan.

I KNOW I'm way behing all of you .. but, yeah .. and sorry for my bad english .. you got a latina in norway here ..

blush
To correct in your first sentence in which you said, " In Pretty Little Liars, Mona is A in the beginning but is killed by falling off a cliff (when trying to push Spencer off)" is not true. because when the show her at the bottom of the hill one of the cops said shes alive. Then the whole last part of the show, shows Mona in a interrogation room looking all crazy. So no Mona is not dead and she gets out and is still A even when she is in the hospital.

also A is not one person A is a group of people that has Toby, Mona, Calab (at one point early in the series), EZAR (the main A), and Jenna, Melissa, Lucas, Ian, and Garrett. It was never Alison because she was the first one to have dealt with A, but A was never named she just got random letters. Thats why she ran away and faked her death.

Pllseaker said:
Well guys, I've read the whole article and concerning the book's plot this explanation does make sense!
But concerning the tv series it doesn't and that's why I personally believe that in the tv series "A" is not Alison.
Supposing the real Alison hit Courtney (pretending to be Alison) with a rock and she buried her alive with her mother's help that night, then whose hand Ms Grunwald did grab and pull out of the ground? Courtney's? Then why Alison disappeared for 2 years making everyone else believe she was dead? Her mother and she had buried Courtney so she didn't have to be afraid of someone or something. Furthermore, in the Season 4 finale of the tv series when Ali tells to the girls what happened that night, we see her wandering in the woods all dirty and blood on her head and then Mona shows up and helps her. Duh! Why if real Ali had killed Courtney would have dressed like her, get herself dirty, wander in the woods and finally get out of sight for 2 years? Her mother Jessica obviously covered her up by buryng the supposing Courtney! For those who aren't convinced yet, let's pretend the Ali-Courtney theory is valid. Then why in Season's 4 finale we have the 5 girls in front of a dark-dressed "A"??? Ali was RIGHT THERE! She couldn't have been "A".
To sum up, I understand that the book's plot is based on the twin theory but it's not possible that the tv series support the same thing!

- Thanks for reading bitches! - The real A