We've seen every version of PandP, we've read the book countless times, and we all have a secret crush (or not so secret) on this 18th century male. Why can't we get enough?...
Mr. Darcy is not only a charecter in Pride and Prejudice but he is a true lead in the book. He is a mysterious, intriguing charecter that seems to truly hit home in our hearts even more than we can explain. But how? I've come up with a good list of reasons why we can't get enough of this awesome hero.
1. He's rich (slightly self-centered, but hey, it adds to the image)
2. He is described as handsome. (Enough said :)
3. Since he is a charecter in a book, his features are open to representation. (you can make him look like anyone you want)
4. We don't just love him, but we love the story. (Since JA's novels are so well written and clever, just being the hero the story makes Mr. Darcy even more amazing.
5. Elizabeth is in love with him. (Jane Austen's writing makes you want to be or even think you are Elizabeth Bennet. So therefore, you start to fall in love with Darcy as Elizabeth does.
6. He's mysterious. (If you like those sorts of people...)
7. He's so great to his sister. (When you see the caring side of otherwise emotionless people, you start to really respect them.)
8. He's secretly kind to all. (More to add to the whole mysterious + lovable thing)
9. He is just plain AWESOME!!!!! (you have to admit it!)
Also, we all have a special place in our heart for Collin Firth or Matthew Macfadyen, so it doesn't hurt that they did excellent in their Mini-series/movie versions of PandP.
If you have any other reasons why you like this character (or just want to gush over Mr. Darcy) please write them in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed, Why we Can't get enough of Mr. Darcy.