Random Role Playing Night of Monsters (Open/No limit)

BlackPetals posted on Nov 14, 2014 at 11:31PM
This is a relatively small town. Not much happens here. Until Samhain. But unlike the way it was celebrated in the the past, mere pumpkins aren't enough to protect your home from death. This is a night when there are no laws, perfectly sane people lose their grip, and safety loses all meaning. Unless, that is, you have security protocols. But many choose to take part in this night, as it is a way of releasing everything that civility locks away. This is a night when, if a drop of blood is spilled, everyone goes into a frenzy, not stopping until the dead lay in piles and the wounded are too weak to fight. But the next morning, more people replenish the ones lost during the night of abandonment. You were one of the younger generation, growing up with tales of wildness and inhumane acts of barbaric proportions. But you were still curious. As a child you hid with your parents. As a teenager, you sat alone in your room and wondered. Now, after becoming an adult, it's your choice to open the doors of your house. Will you go outside? Will you let the craziness in? Remember one thing: Once you decide, it's too late to lock the doors. Welcome to the Night of Monsters.

~~~~~

You probably know the basic rules:
No fighting, screaming, crying, hating, etc. etc.
Let us know if you're going to miss a day or two. Wouldn't want you to miss too much!
Any amount of characters allowed, if you think you can handle them all
last edited on Nov 14, 2014 at 11:32PM

Random Role Playing 40 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BlackPetals said…
Name: Miranda Reyes
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 165
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Red
Personality: Quiet, reserved, but absolutely insane. Carries an eight inch skinning knife everywhere, and dislikes social interactions, unless said interactions are on the Night of Monsters.
Name: Miranda Reyes
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 165
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Red
Personali
over a year ago BanetteGhosneir said…
Name: Karrl Hayle

Height: 6 feet 5 inches

Weight: 195 Pounds

Eye Colour: ???

Hair Colour: ???

Biography:
There's a strange old house on the edge of town, this house is burnt and broken at some parts, and has a makeshift fence made from rusty metal, old soggy wood and barbed wire, the children of the town would always whisper of rumors, they say they could see, every now and then, someone wearing a mask looking out the window, staring down at them, and every year on 1 day....
that person comes out... he comes out to play
last edited over a year ago
[b]Name:[/b] Karrl Hayle

[b]Age:[/b] ???

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Height:[/b] 6 feet 5 inches
( I have not slept. So it will start.)
Miranda sat curled up on the couch, her blue eyes fixed on the clock. It was almost six-thirty. That left two and a half hours until the craziness officially began.
tick.... tock.... tick.... tock...
the clock ticked by slowly, but that person was patient... he had waited 365 days, he could wait a few more hours.... almost 2 hours until his door would open... he breathed heavily through his mask, his gun at the ready, the moment that door opens, the madness would seep in... he wouldn't get caught by it again this year, his yearly game with madness itself... 2 hours until that door opens on it's own.... 2 hours until the game begun....
2 hours, then another 24, before he would win against the madness... and if he didn't win this year, there was always the next... that was what the madness promised him...
always next year.....
always............................
tick.... tock.... tick.... tock...
(That literally gave me chills. That is excellent.)

Miranda paced back and forth through the kitchen before going upstairs and pulling on her dark gray hoodie. The black studded collar fit easily over her neck, and the mask she slipped on completed it. She checked the clock as she went back downstairs. Another hour. She sat down again, closing her eyes. Just a little rest before it was time.
( X3 moar spookiness)

the clock had ticked along for a while now... he was still keeping a sharp eye apon the front door... that was the only exit, no other way, the back door was boarded off, the windows locked tight... madness could only get in through 1 way... that accursed door, memories haunted him of how long he lived in this house, a fear that that door would one day fall apart, the only thing keeping madness from him... he checked his gun again, fully loaded, on automatic, his bag had supplies, food, water, first aid, batteries, flashlight, a radio and.... just in case... a gun with 1 spare bullet.... though that gun wouldn't help him, the madness won't let him die...
the clock ticked more... and his door begun rattling....
"*kooogh*..... ready?.....*kooogh*.... ready to.....plaaaaaaaaayyy?" his low, deep voice managed to creak through his mask... asking the door.

tick.... tock.... tick.... tock..........
................the clock........stopped
The clock chimed and Miranda lifted her head. Had she really just slept for two hours? Wow. Okay. She stood up, walking to the door and shoving it open, making sure her key was in her pocket. "Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies," she muttered, going down the sidewalk as the light was fading. She mingled with the crowd that made its way to the center of the town. This is where it always began. Everyone struck up a chant, watching the large clock that displayed the time. "Twelve, eleven, ten," Miranda kept her lips closed. "Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!" With wild screams, the night began. This was anarchy in its purest form, people attacking, bleeding, fading, dying. Miranda laughed, burying the knife in the back of a man's neck before running. Out, out, left, right, straight, double back. She stopped in an alleyway, waiting.
"ffffffooouuuurrr....... *koooogh* threeeeeee.... *koooogh* twoooooo..." he readied his legs.....
the door suddenly burst open, dark smoke seeped in, heading straight for him, he quickly ducked underneath it, once behind it he quickly stood up and jumped towards the door, closing it behind him, the madness would take a second to burst open that door, whilst he quickly sprinted out of his fence yard.... he already heard the scream from the town, seeing some children looking through their windows at him...
he kept running, with his gun at the ready..... then he begun chuckling.

"hehehehehe*kooogh*..... BOYS AND GIRLS OF EVERY AGE! WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING STRANGE! COME OUTSIDE AND WE WILL PLAY, ON MY FAVORITE MADNESS DAY! AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA" his voice was loud now, echoing throughout the town, some people headed towards his voice..... what fools, the moment they came near, they were shot down, he continued to run, his gun non-stop shooting....

a while later, in the dark streets stood he... surrounded by the dead, he stared back up the hill at his house, as the black mist broke open the door of his house.... the madness was free, and after him again.
"come find me... this game.... once i win this game, keep your promise.... once i win this game..... and i WILL win this game.... eventually...."
madness had to keep it's promise.... it had to... otherwise humanity is doomed...
Miranda listened to the calling, smiling darkly, wiping the blade clean on her sleeve. "My thanks, sir, for asking me, but I'm afraid I can't, you see. Life is to sweet to slip away. But I agree, IT'S MADNESS DAY!" She howled back, her voice echoing through the streets. She let out a wicked laugh, darting back into the main square and targeting a short man. With one swipe he started bleeding, a whole group setting on him as Miranda backed away again, licking the knife, her blue eyes gleaming.
running was easy enough, he had done it for so long.... how many years had he done this?..........
then it occurred to him.... he didn't know, how long had he ran, how many years had he died, only to wake up the next day, with madness laughing at his loss, how many times had he lost? how many bullets had he used? how many souls did he send to hell........
how... many.... years.... has madness kept him alive to toy with?
he turned to look over his shoulder, people running after him, with madness itself following closely behind them, he turned his gun to aim back, and begun firing, not at the people, no, the people wasn't his concern, he could die today... madness would just make him fight again next year.... he was shooting at madness, it weaved and dodged, slowing down a bit every time, his concern was never the people, it was madness.
he quickly turned into an alley when he was far enough ahead, and hid behind a dumpster, madness and the humans running down the same road, searching for him...
he just had to avoid Madness... for 23 more hours.... he just had to avoid madness....

"*kooooogh*.....how old...... *kooogh*..... am.... i?" he asked to.......? who did he ask that to?
Miranda hummed as she skipped down the alleyway, smiling to herself and adjusting the mask. Someone stepped into her path and she immediately stabbed at them. The woman fell without a sound, and Miranda laughed.
He had lost consciousness... in his dreams he hoped he wouldn't be caught by Madness whilst he slept for a bit....

Waking up a little later, he was in the town park now... he somehow got moved here, his body ached, glowing green plants underneath him.

"*kooooogh*..... yes.... I'm *kooogh* Allright.... did madness *kooogh* catch me?"
he asked, to.... something over his should, as he begun to sit up... the world to others might look normal... to him the world was different.... bright orange, with dead plants everywhere... though he could walk through them, since they weren't real...

as he stood up, he picked his gun up, which was on the ground next to where he woke up, reloading it, then looking to something at his feet.... but there was nothing there?
"Good... the game is still going.... *kooogh*.... let's go....." he begun to walk off to a hotel.... he could hide for a bit... regain energy.
He had lost consciousness... in his dreams he hoped he wouldn't be caught by Madness whilst he slept
Miranda danced past the alley mouth, emerging into the street. "A is for Amber who drowned in a pool,"
over a year ago citrusella said…
Name: Namine Midorikawa
Appearance: Long, black hair, one green and one yellow eye, a short red dress, knee high black boots, and a red scarf.
Bio: Her and her sisters are homeless travelers from another town...unfortunately, they came here at the wrong time...
Personality: She's always mad and does anything to protect her sister. She doesn't mind bloodshed...in fact...it makes her act...different. (She has post traumatic stress disorder)
Weapon: A huge sword she's had since she was 14.
Other: Nah...

Name: Homura Midorikawa
Appearance: Long black hair in a braid, red glasses, a purple sweater, jeans, brown boots, and blue eyes.
Bio: See Namine
Personality: Shy and afraid, she gets very scared when her sister sees bloodshed. It triggers flashbacks and causes her to go crazy. Homura is the only person Namine doesn't attack.
Weapon: None
Other: No
over a year ago citrusella said…
(I hope this RP hasn't died...)
(It hasn't, I've just been feeling sick and my computer hates me.)
Miranda kept singing, dancing across the street then back again. "B is for Billy who was eaten by ghouls.."
He heard the creeping as he hid behind a desk.... that Black Smoke known as Madness itself stopped at the front door of the apartment he was in, it peered in through the window of the door, seeing only an empty room, with a bookshelf, a table in the middle and a desk near the back.... it moved on.

the man breathed out, he had held his breath, lest Madness finds him, he quickly but quietly opened the window, still hearing the fissures of Madness moving through the building.... Madness would not win the game this time, this game without end... more than a million losses.... or atleast that's what he remembered.... how many years had he played this TERRIBLE TORTURE with madness..... he climbed out of the window, climbing down to the street below, then he stood still, and listened..................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­.[KARRL.... KARRL.... KARRL.... WILL WE PLAY? WON'T YOU STAY? COME AND PRAY ON MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S TIIIIIIIIIMEEEEE..... TO KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME..... KAAAARRRRLLLLL]

He burst off running, his heart racing, his eyes pulsating, Madness was just playing, this was all a game.............
it's all a Game..............
a Game......
Miranda had gotten cocky. She had attacked a group of eight. Half had fallen easily, but now she bore scratches, and limped slowly. "Fuckers," she growled. "I'll kill every last son of a bastard's bitch that ever licked the dust."
"*koogh*.... seems a bit.... *koogh* excessive....." Karl said, leaning against a wall, gun in his right hand with the other over his chest, he looked to the wound on her.
"*kooogh*....you've been in *koooogh* some shit....."
he breathed heavily.... running with a gas mask on wasn't a smart idea.... but taking the mask off was even stupider
Miranda whirled and glared at him, her blue eyes bright with anger and pain. "They deserve it. All of them." She hissed. "Besides, it's not like they'll be missed, is it? More come every year. They can be replaced."
he looked down at the ground
"yeah.... they are replaced.... *koogh* there was... someone... like you *koogh*.... last year" he looked back up at her. then he motioned for her to come closer.
"I haven't... *koogh* taken any wounds yet, so I'll spare some bandages *koogh*"
he didn't feel Madness nearby, so he should be safe for now.... there was once someone just like this girl last year.... but since this girl is here instead of the one from last year, you can guess what happened...

Karl used his left hand to take his bag off his back, still holding the gun incase of Madness. pulling out his first aid kit.
Miranda stumbled toward him, dropping her knife on the pavement and wincing. "Thank you..."
Karl pulled out some Bandages with disinfectant, he flinched.... they had to do this quickly.
"*koogh*.... show me... *koogh* your wounds" he said, motioning to the bandages in his hand
She drew her jeans up, showing a long gash on her shin and calf. "Here. The rest are just scratches."
Karl nodded, taking the disinfectant bottle, dipping a small drop on top of the wound, ignoring if whether she flinched or not from the sting, he waited for the liquid to drip down the gash, then with the same hand he took the long bandage, and begun wrapping it around her leg till the whole gash couldn't be seen underneath the bandage.

"*koogh*.... you should be fine *koogh* just don't let it get *koogh* infected"
he put the leftover bandage back into his backpack, closed the disinfectant too and put it back, then he put the bag back on his back.
"*koogh*.... if you see Black Smoke, please *koogh*.... call out..... *koogh*.... Madness won't get me this year"
"Black... Smoke?" She shot him quizzical look. "What the hell is that?"
after he reloaded his gun, and begun walking towards the center of the town, he whispered back.
"*koogh*....... Madness"

he searched his memory.... how long had he done this?.... the girl might ask more questions about him if they met again.... human interaction was only a yearly thing for him, so even an exchange of words is great....... Madness was drawing closer, it might pass her by if it was coming this way
over a year ago Riku114 said…
(Merry Christmas!)
(again, thanks XD)
Miranda shook her head, retrieving her knife and plodding down the street. Someone leaped out at her and she attempted to block them, but ended up with several strands of crimson hair falling to the street. She growled in annoyance and ran them through, listening in satisfaction as they fell to the ground. But she felt dizzy, so she moved back into the shadows, waiting and resting.
a black, thick smoke moved to where Karl had treated Miranda's wounds, it looked down at the blood from her wound before it was treated, then it looked up, it could smell the same blood, and begun heading towards it.
[OOOOHHH.... HUUUUUUMAAAAAN... TELL ME, TELL ME, WHERE DID KARL GO? WE HAVE SO MUCH THINGS TO DO, AND NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PLAAAAAAYYY] it loudly called out, heading towards the smell of blood.

Karl stopped for a moment.... he heard that.... madness was going to use other humans to find him, he had to hurry and get far away, he kept heading to the town center
Miranda shivered, listening to the voice. She decided not to answer, and instead curled closer to the wall.
the black smoke moved closer and closer.... but it suddenly stopped, around 4 meters away from Miranda.... it stared at her, with yellow glowing circular eyes.

[KAARRRLLL.... HEEELPED YOOOOUUU.... WEEEE WILL WIN THE GAAAMEE.... AND THEN NEXT YEAR......... WE WILL AAAAAAAAAAALLLLL PLAY WITH KARRRL AGAIN.... UNLESS YOU DIE.... HEHEHEHE.... KAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRLLLLL, WE CAN SEEEEEE YOOOOOOOUUU] it ignored Miranda now, moving past her and heading towards the town center.... 17 more hours before karl would win this yearly madness game.

Karl begun moving even faster now that he knew Madness was coming... he can't lose to madness again, not again.
Miranda closed her eyes. "Should never have left the house," she mumbled, ten she got to her feet slowly, smiling crookedly. "But I still need to kill every bitch's bastard son that ever woke tonight."
there it is again... his body was breaking down the closer to victory... heavy breathing again, why did he even wear this mask again?.... was the air toxic? that girl from before though seemed fine.... why did he wear this mask?.............. he had been sitting down, lying against a tree.... the town center was close.... and he could feel madness coming after him.....
he turned to look at his side, as if something was there.
".....*koogh*....yeah.....*koogh*....better get moving...."
he stood up, and continued on his way
Miranda limped down the street, knife in her hand. She stumbled, almost running into a woman, but a quick slash upward removed the obstacle. She began to laugh as more people filled the street, watching her with hard eyes. They came at her one by one, and she dispatched each quickly, still laughing as if she could not stop.
Karl stopped, and turned his head to look behind him.... Laughter.... not Madness' laughter, just.... laughter.... the voice sounded like it belongs to the girl Karl had treated.....
"hey..... *koogh*.... if someone knew.... *koogh*... my story.... *koogh*..... Would they blame me? *koogh*.... for not turning back?"
he stood still for a moment, listening to her laughter..... then he turned to continue
"Yeah.... *koogh*.... we just lost distance" he moved onward, towards the edge of town now.

Madness was quite far back, it could hear the girl's laughter, someone enjoying Madness day.
Miranda stumbled over a corpse, and caught herself, but not after blood had splashed her cheeks and wet her lips. She laughed louder, knowing she sounded demented. "IS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO?" She screamed at the sky. "COME ON! CHALLENGE ME!"
The black smoke stopped, it turned to look towards Miranda's direction, then begun speedily heading that way, it might finally loose to Karl this year, but it could still have a play toy, if she wanted a Challenge, Madness would give her one, the same proposition it gave Karl... except a different reward.
Miranda spun around, arms outstretched, blood slipping off her knife and splashing the ground and walls around her. She tripped over a corpse, falling to the pavement and closing her eyes, humming softly. "Farewell, and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies,'