Random Role Playing Fantasy Reves Circus

Kat-chan posted on Aug 14, 2015 at 12:39AM
Dazzling lights, painted faces and music that has you on the edge of your seat. Yes, this is the circus from your childhood.

But the magic doesn’t end with just the show. We are proudly presenting the Auditions today! Yes today! If you want to show us your talent and have always dreamed of the circus, Fantasy Rêves is the place to be!

Be at [insert location] today at 2 pm and be prepared to live your dreams. But be warned it’s hard work and people have died. Also we are a travelling circus so you will be living with each other an there is no guarantee you will get along. Be careful, the animals are not always friendly. So without further ado Good Luck,

Bobo the ring master

NB: You can also be someone who has been in the circus for a while, or a worker instead of performer.

RULES:

You should have at least one special talent
Sex and cursing is allowed
Try to limit the one-liners

Character sheet:

Name:
Talent:
Appearance:
Costume:
Bio:
Other:

Random Role Playing 338 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 338

over a year ago fangfan7 said…
Evelyn stayed back with the others who were from the circus. She looked to them and smiled a little, she debated going to practice, going to bed, or wandering for a bit. "What do you guys think of the newbies?" She asks all of them.

Jocelyn and Joshua shrugged, almost in unison. "Don't know them well enough yet." Joshua says.

"What about you two?" Jocelyn asks Nathan and Olivia.
over a year ago Kat-chan said…
"We may not know them very well yet," Olivia bubbled, "but I think that they're a bit strange, but still good people. I can read it in their energies."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "And I think that Jane here reads way too far into things and doesn't know what she's talking about. It's still too soon to judge." Olivia made a face at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This bed is perfectly fine." Charlotte insisted. "It didn't collapse when I dropped into it, and that's all that matters." She grinned. "So, are you liking the circus as much as I am?"
over a year ago BlackSparrow said…
Elara giggled a little. "I'm loving it, though it may not be for all the same reasons." She says with a knowing smile. She had heard Elijah and Charlotte outside and even thinking about it she couldn't help smiling.
Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "Why, I have no clue what you're talking about. I just like the circus for practical reasons."
Elara just smiled and nodded. "Pardon my misunderstanding then." She says. Whether Charlotte was telling the truth or not she didn't care instead she just smiled more. It's almost surreal, to think that we're here now and this is it." She says. She was so excited to finally be here now.
"I know." Charlotte agreed eagerly. "I've been waiting for a chance like this for so long. And now we're finally here, and I can hardly believe it."
Elara smiled brightly. "Exactly! Where do you think we'll be going tomorrow? I am relieved we'll be leaving this town." She says. She smiled and went back to lay on her back. She looked up at the ceiling of the tent, letting out a small sigh.
"We could go anywhere." Charlotte breathed in awe, the realisation just sinking in. "As in, anywhere in the entire country. I've always wanted to see California."
Elara smiled brightly again. "I've heard it's beautiful. I would love to see California. All of the country really, I haven't really been able to much of it." She smiled even more. "This is going to be amazing." She says.
"This may be the best thing ever." Charlotte felt a grin spread over her face as she rolled onto her back.
Evelyn and Jocelyn both laughed a little and even Joshua smiled. "I think they could all be good people." Joshua says, agreeing with Olivia, giving her a gentle smile. Jocelyn grinned a little and Joshua nudged her side with his elbow, telling her not to say a word.
"We should probably get to bed soon and pack our personal belongings. Dante said we were going to leave early tomorrow." He adds after a moment.

((I was thinking Evelyn and Jocelyn would probably room together and maybe Joshua and Nathan since they're the only two other guys???))
((Sounds good to me))

"Yeah, definitely. Let's head to the tents." Olivia agreed. "Otherwise I'll probably be sleeping the entire trip."

"Like you wouldn't be anyway." Nathan mumbled.
((Okay!))

"Hey, sleeping while we're traveling isn't a bad idea. Then we'd more energized once we reach our destination." Joshua says. Jocelyn laughed a little and then turned to start to go. Earning a glare from her brother.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow morning bright and early." She says, grinning still. Evelyn waved a little and then turned to follow her.

"Later." She says before trailing after Jocelyn. Once outside of the tent she laughed. "How long has your brother liked Olivia?" She couldn't help asking. Jocelyn laughed a little too and shook her head saying she didn't know. They had been there three years, Evelyn two. She couldn't remember how long Nathan and Olivia had been there. She didn't know if he liked her though or if he was just being friendly.

Once his sister and Evelyn were gone Joshua smiled a little. "Goodnight you two." He says before also turning to leave.
last edited over a year ago
Olivia waved as everyone left, one by one. Nathan observed her, wondering idly whether or not to tell her that Joshua liked her. It had been pretty obvious for a while, but Olivia refused to see it.

"Well?" Olivia said, turning to him. "Let's turn in for the night."

"Right." Nathan agreed. He decided on keeping quiet about Joshua. She'd figure it out. Eventually. The duo said their goodnights and headed to their respective tents.
Joshua did not have much to pack and so by the time Nathan was coming in he had almost all of his personal belonging packed. He didn't say anything as Nathan came in, just set his bag under his bed before lying down.
Nathan glanced over at Joshua as he entered the tent. He kept silent as he began packing his things. After a few moments, he spoke up. "So, are you planning on telling her anytime soon?"

Charlotte arrived in her tent and heaved a sigh. She glanced around. Her roommate wasn't back yet. She considered packing. It's what anyone with responsibility and good time management would do. With that in mind, she collapsed into bed, almost immediately falling asleep.
Joshua shrugged. "I've thought about it. I've wanted to." He says, not bothering to deny it. "But if it didn't work for whatever reason or if she didn't feel the same, then it just leads to a mess. That's what happens when you live with someone." He says, looking over to Nathan. "My sister thinks I should tell her. What about you?"
Nathan thought about it for a moment. "You make a good point." he admitted. "I don't know. Maybe just try talking to her first? See if you can figure out what she thinks about you?" Nathan shoved the last of his stuff in his bag and sat on the edge of his bed.
Joshua looked over and smiled a little. "Sounds like a wonderful idea." He says with a slight smirk. He would argue that it's hard when they all had different shows to practice for and what not but considering they actually had a fair amount of free time. Granted he and Jocelyn spent more time then most on their act, and being all they had family wise they spent a lot of time together. Though he had realized that everyone in the circus sort of becomes family. He sighed a little. Unlike his sister he didn't enjoy wearing what he felt on his sleeve. "Perhaps I will try that," he says to Nathan. "You know, once we're not sleeping in the cars or anything." He teases with a smirk, referring to how the conversation had ended.
Nathan laughed. "Yeah, well, that's probably going to take up a good chunk of tomorrow, but I'm sure you'll manage to find the time."
Joshua smirked and looked back up at the roof of the tent. "Hmm, yes perhaps." He sighed a little. "Well good night Nathan." He says. He hadn't exactly been tired before but it was like exhaustion just hit him like a ton of bricks.

((Wait for the others to time skip or did you have more you wanted to do before the next day started?))
((I think we should wait))

"Night." Nathan said, lowering himself into bed. He lay on his back and closed his eyes. It didn't take long for sleep to reach him.
((Sounds good to me))
over a year ago mcterra said…
(Since katrina isn't replying, I think I'll just timeskip to when they had returned to the circus.)
((Alrighty))
((When the next day are we starting? When they all wake or when they are on the road? Or somewhere in between?))
((Let's start on the road.))

((Quick note on how travelling works. The circus owns three large trucks, which they pack all the tents in, as well as props, personal bags, furniture and the animal cages. For the sake of communication, I'm going to say that outsiders are hired to drive these. There are also two vans to transport performers. One van is driven by Dante and the other by Bernadette. The performers are divided between the two vans.

Does that sound alright to everyone?))
((Sounds good to me))
((Alright, I'm just going to make one quick post to set the tone, then I have to log of for the night. School tomorrow))

Charlotte sat somewhere in the middle of the lead van as it made its way through the countryside, driven by Dante. She could hardly contain her excitement. She was travelling. She was going to see the country. And with people she belonged with, no less! She kept looking about and glancing through the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olivia sat in the absolute back of the second van, right by the window. Her head was resting against the cold glass. She wasn't quite asleep yet, but her eyelids were starting to get heavy. She stared out the window, looking, but not quite seeing.

Nathan, who was in the seat in front of her, glanced back. She almost looked asleep. Those moments were the only times she stayed still.
Joshua rode in the second van with Olivia and Nathan. Jocelyn ride with her brother, sitting beside Nathan in his row. Evelyn went in the first van to try and get to know some of the newbies. It seemed most of them were in the first van anyway.
Joshua glanced to Olivia but said nothing. He felt as exhausted as she looked and he leaned his head back, closing his eyes and willing himself back to sleep.

Evelyn was wide awake, she rode in the front with Dante, not talking. Or at least trying not to, but also enjoying everything she was seeing. She always enjoyed the scenery of wherever they were going.
last edited over a year ago
Elijah and Elara were both in the first can with Dante. Elijah sat in the seat Behind Charlotte and Elara was up near the front with Dante and Evelyn. Periodically Elijah would look out the windo to the truck Kai was in. His poor baby had not been pleased and really neither had he. But he was allowed to check on him any time they stopped, so that was exactly what he would do. He wasn't in the best of moods because of it either but he knew he had to deal with it. Just as long as by evening he could get Kai his shot. He sighed a little and then crossed his arms, leaning his head against the window.
Charlotte glanced over her shoulder at Elijah, then twisted around in her seat so that she could look back at him. "Hey." she said. "Missing Kai, I guess?"

Olivia let her eyes close. It wouldn't be long now before she was out cold.
Elijah looked to her and then smiled a little and then nodded. "Yeah, he hasn't done well in the past with being loaded in trucks and I don't do well without him either." He admits shrugging again with a faint smile. He actually wasn't in the best of moods and yet he was also excited because they were finally here and doing this. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the back of her seat smiling as he looked to her. "You must be extra excited now that we're actually on the road."
"Of course I'm excited!" Charlotte responded enthusiastically. "How could I not be? Aren't you excited?" Words were just pouring out of her mouth, not going through any sort of thought or filter. She was excited, so she talked. "We're finally getting out of town! We're going to see the country! This is the best!"
Elijah couldn't help smiling. "It is pretty exciting." He agreed, smiling even more. Her excitement was contagious. "What do you think the next place will be like?" He asks her, not really knowing where they were going.
Charlotte shook her head, grinning from ear to ear. "That's the best part. I have no. Freaking. Idea. It could be anything. Maybe we'll be near a big city. Or maybe it could be a quiet country side, with, like, a river or something. I have no clue what to expect, and I wouldn't have it any other way."
Elijah laughed a little. Her enthusiasm was contagious. "Well I suppose that is a very valid and very good point. There is so much to be looking forward to." He agrees. He was in a much better mood now, talking to her seemed to have that effect on him somehow.
Charlotte grinned, seeing that Elijah was in a better mood. That was good. She was glad she could cheer him up. "Of course I'm right." she scoffed jokingly. "How could I not be?"
Elijah laughed again. "Apologies Miss Charlotte." He says, bowing his head a little. "Of course you are always right." He teases, looking back to her with a grin.
over a year ago mcterra said…
Jango was seated right at the back of the Dante's van with most of the newbies.He had a novel in his hands. A novel he had read over and over and over again but just couldn't stop reading. The novel never bored him even though he knew each and every single word in it. It was also the novel from which he had gotten his name.

It was the German story written by Goethe about the scholar Faust who sold his soul to Lucifer for a second life full of earthly pleasures. Jango loved the story.
Charlotte smiled back, but it had a strained look to it. "Not Charlotte." she said quietly. "Never Charlotte. Anything but that."
Elijah tensed up a little and rubbed his hand over his face for a moment. "Oh, god, Charlie I'm so sorry. You've told me that before." He says. He didn't understand why. He thought Charlotte was such a pretty name but he wouldn't ask until he knew her better.
Charlotte shook her head, the forced shadow of a smile still on her face. She felt bad for ruining the moment, but she really hated that name. "It's okay." she assured Elijah. "It's okay, really. People forget. People make mistakes. Just, um, try not to do it again, okay? Please."
"I promise I won't." He says gently. He really was sorry that he had slipped up like that. He sighed a little and looked out the window. "So...um..." He was noticing that they were no longer even in a city but a country side. "It's beautiful out here." He says instead, getting slightly distracted.
"It is." Charlotte agreed, turning to look out the window. She was relieved that the topic of her name had passed. "It's so clean and peaceful."
Elijah nodded a little. He would love to live on a large piece of open land where Kai wouldn't have to be cramped up. He felt his smile leaving again as he thought of Kai being cramped in a cage now. He sighed a little and looked to Charlotte again giving a gentle smile.
Charlotte returned his smile. Elijah was so nice and easy to talk to; she lost track of things when she was with him. In fact, she didn't even realise the van had rolled to a stop until Dante called back, "Alright, we're making a quick rest stop here. Get out, stretch your legs, do what you need to do."
Elijah looked up and smiled as he moved to get out with everyone else. He stretched his arms up high and then looked around. Stretching felt really good. Immediately he found himself going to where Kai was being held. He needed to make sure he was okay and that he didn't need an extra dose of his mess which happened periodically.

Elara had been mostly asleep when the stopped and startled awake when they stopped. She filed out after the others and stretched some too. She didn't do well being cramped up in a car all day long.
Evelyn looked to Fante and smiled before hopping out of the car and going to move around some. She looked around at everyone else just to see how they all seemed to be doing. She had heard Elijah and Charlotte speaking quietly to each other. Mango had been reading and Elara had been sleeping. She smiled and looked to the others coming out of the other van.

Jocelyn hopped out, nudging Nathan playfully before doing some crazy acrobatic move to get out and the stretching. She didn't stay cooped up well.
Joshua on the other hand climbed out and then held out his hand to help Olivia out if she wanted it. She had been asleep and frankly he was pretty sure he had been too. It was okay though. He felt better now.
Charlotte followed Elijah to the trucks, wanting to see Kai. She had quickly grown much more fond of the tiger than she'd expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olivia jerked awake as the van slowed to a stop. She gratefully accepted Joshua's hand and climbed out of the vehicle. "Thanks." she said once her feet were planted once more on solid ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan snorted at Jocelyn's showing off, but he couldn't help but smile. He got out of the van and stretched.