Random Role Playing Crown of Thorns (Please Join!)

-Universe_COLA- posted on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:17AM
A power for the petty...for the pitiful,
A strength for the weak...the broken,
A path for the lost,
A crown....for the wicked.

*****************************************­

"I....refuse! I will not be made to place my head at the foot of thy lesser creations! To be put to my knees as but a servant in the act of shedding my glory, my righteousness, to THEM! The wingless and fragile! Ones who hath not the privilege to stand in the light of glory. As the one above the many, you dare to mock me with your cause!? To ask me to bow and become forsaken at the feet of they!?"

"They, those whom the love of mine is everlasting for, are my praise in the image but forth. Thus, they came to be in image. Thou art worthy to receive glory and honor and power from I. Hath thy no selflessness?

"Selflessness!?". A word in opposition and question, spat at the holder of the throne in a bitter disgust. "As we were to bring harmonies to the ears of thee!? Are we to lie our heads to the soil in praise of inferiority!? If that shall be thy's truth, then the power of thee has right in my hands! Thy crown belongs upon my head! ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of HIM; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High!--". Thus, the most beautiful light of them all that rested above the stars, was banished to a sphere of blue and green where life was given to beings known as....man. It's light twisted and darkened in its fall, and in its falling, one-third of the purest of stars fell all the same.
----

Wicked. Deceptive. Corruptive. Envious. Prideful. Rebellious. Vengeful. A serpent crept into the light of paradise, a land where mankind were to be shepherds to all beasts. And there, serpent found the creation that belittled his existence. There, corruption began.

"Did the Highest One really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

And to the serpent's words, a woman answered. "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but the Highest One did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

[i]“You will not certainly die, for He knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like Him, knowing good and evil.”

-
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head, break your crown,
and you will strike his heel.”

-
Billions of years ago, the Earth was created. Billions of years ago, the stars above the stars fell to Earth and with them, an evil that humanity now bares.
----

[Plot]:
A myth almost exists among humanity that there is a artifact that can grant the unimaginable. One that has been in the hands of many. Kings and queens, presidents, and many more. A crown of thorns. THE, Crown of Thorns. A crown said to be one of corruption and pride. Deception. One of power and greed. A crown that was said to contain a fraction of Hell itself. But overall, a crown that gives a unfathomable power to whoever's head it is sat upon. It's been said to contain the ability to grant any and all desires. A power that is craved. This power has made its mark in history permanent through the many years. Now the whereabouts of this artifact is unknown in this age, but there is said to be secrets to finding it. Locations in codes that have yet to be revealed. But even if this myth is just that, there has been recent rumors of the crown itself actually existing, and myth or not, the price that it holds in currency is well enough worth the find. The search for this artifact is a journey indeed, but in whose hands will it fall into?

*Note*: Adventurers, archaeologists, and even some higher authorities and organizations are in search of this artifact. To some, it is definitely something to kill for. There are also "unnatural forces" in search for it, so keep an eye out! (Yes, both Angels AND Demons will have a role in this!)
*****************************************­**

[Character Sheet]

Name:

Age/Date of Birth:

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Personality:

Occupation?(optional):
Reasons/Motives for your search?:
Biography:
-----------------------------------------­

**RULES**
1. No god modding: I would prefer a person's character to not be invincible and or untouchable. It makes things rather bland.

2. Cooperation: I enjoy building a good and interesting story with people, and from experience I can say that no one likes to be left hanging. SO, to prevent that, cooperation is always needed. Discussions involving with certain parts of the plot will be included.

3. Character Death: Death is something to be expected of course. You don't go to a horror movie and expect no one to die do you? Further more, its an everyday thing, so I'd advise having more than one character to commit to plot. And no, no one may kill off anyone else's character without permission or discussion first.

4. The Crown of Thorns: This....well, this is going to be something very big. (To Be Revealed.)

5. Content: For progression's sake, I don't exactly encourage one sentence, or "one liners" unless it's absolutely, positively inevitable because I...write alot. So atleast three sentences minimum.

(That's all I guess. But there will be an update to these rules if need be.)

'

[i]A power for the petty...for the pitiful,
A strength for the weak...the broken, 
A path for the l
last edited on Jun 19, 2016 at 03:46AM

Random Role Playing 169 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...