Random Role Playing The Tournament Of Souls

Firebird06721 posted on Oct 11, 2016 at 03:38AM
Death. A cold thing. A mysterious thing. A feared thing. For many the fear is its uncertainty, to others it's the power, and yet for others the fear is death's finality. So as one's heart stops, so does one's time on Earth. Those souls who embrace Death? They pass on. But this story is not of those souls. This story belongs to those who, for whatever their reasons, fought Death. These individuals, with their departure from Earth, came to a place called the Middle Passage- a place between life and death. They become known as Reclaimants, and compete for Death's favor and the ultimate prize of Reclamation in an annual competition known as the Tournament of Souls.

EXTRA INFO- Reclaimants: Those who become Reclaimants chose to resist their death, for whatever their purpose. In doing so the forfeit the right to pass on. They either are crowned champion of the Tournament of Souls, and gain Reclamation, or their soul simply ceases to exist.

EXTRA INFO- The Tournament of Souls: With the start of each new year the Reclaimants are challenged to prove there worth to Death himself*, a task not for the faint of heart. Death finds great entertainment in "testing" the Reclaimants, putting them through trials of strength, wit, and endless suffering. Trials are unpredictable, as to keep things fresh and exciting. Reclaimants are tormented, facing unrivaled pain, coming face to face with their worst fears, and being pitted against each other all for the promise of their greatest desire. Reclamation.

EXTRA INFO- Reclamation: The restoration of one's life. Only Death can grant this, and it is only rewarded to the winner of the annual Tournament of Souls.

EXTRA INFO- Death: Death is the master of ceremonies at the Tournament Of Souls, the reclamants are puddy in his hands. The source of all evil, Death can inflict unholy pain with a snap of his fingers, and has the power to stop a beating heart with a single touch. He is responsible for the passage of all souls to the afterlife. Death is as old as time itself, and can not age nor die.

((I know usually with a story line with a central character like this, the creator takes on the role, however this is my first forum and I would love a partner in crime to help me out with this. If you would be interested in playing Death, please PM your profile to me and I will choose a Death asap. (I'm likely to jump on the first one I see, just so your aware- this club is full of creative, talented people) I will post the profile to the forum after I've accepted you.))
*Note while Death is referred to as a he you can choose to make Death a female

RULES:

1. Keep in mind, only one person can win the tournament, unless the reclamants beat Death in some way (this is not likely), and that being said as horrible as it is EXPECT YOUR CHARACTERS TO DIE. I recommend making lots of them and killing them off periodically throughout the roleplay. And don't get attached *evil laugh*.

2. This is mainly for whoever writes for Death, but for others too. Do not kill of someone's character without contacting them first. If someone refuses to kill a character simply because they are being OP, contact me. I don't expect this type of drama, and I would prefer not to have to address any such issues.

3. Be a respectful role player, I'm sure you know the drill. (Don't be OP, don't control others characters, etc)

4. Cursing is allowed, as is violence, and romance if you see a place for it, however I don't see a place for sex in this roleplay so please keep your smut to yourself please and thank you.

5. If you disappear for two weeks without prior notice, your character will be written out of the roleplay so if you intend to be absent for a long time, please let me know first. Please don't leave and kill my first roleplay *tear*.

Don't forget have fun!!! I'm sorry to lay down so many rules, it's just my experience that roleplays with lots of death require lots of ground rules. I love you though!

PROFILE:

Name:

Time Since Death (no more than a year since tournaments are annual):

Cause of Death:

Reason For Becoming A Reclamant:

Dislikes:

Skills:

Fears:

Other:

((I don't expect these to be detailed))

CHARACTERS:

Death- [OPEN]

Time- Hades_Shadow

Reclaimants:

-Brayden Lock- grey_skies
last edited on Oct 12, 2016 at 04:26PM

Random Role Playing 62 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-62 of 62

over a year ago grey_skies said…
Brayden focused intently on Death, hoping he would find her worthy of reclamation. She was more than excited to get started with the tournament.

Brayden registered Death's strange request that was directed at her and the other souls. She looked at his rings before raising her eyebrows at him. "Ha, you're kidding?"

The other soul had seemed to see this request as a joke, but Dixon didn't want to take any chances. He took a tentative step forward, and paused, expecting the floor to explode or something. Once it didn't, he took a few more steps forward and reached Death. Dixon kneeled and took Deaths hand in his own. An icy cold sensation shot through Dixons hand the second he came in contact with Death. Dixon shivered before reaching down and kissing the rings in Deaths hand.
over a year ago mcterra said…
Death looked down with satisfaction at the boy. His smile widened as the petty soul kissed each ring. He was a sissy and an uniteresting fellow but he was obedient.

Death looked up, his eyes settling on Brayden. He raised a brow in turn. "Kidding?" He echoed "I don't recall every saying this request wast a joke ."
Dixon felt a rush of relief as Death smiled at him. He had hoped he made a good impression on him. Dixon took a step back, barely being able to contain his happiness that he had satisfied Death. Dixon turned and walked steadily back to where he was standing before, then turned around to face Death as he fixied his eyes on one of the others.

The hair on the back of Brayden's neck stood up as she sensed Death looking at her. She didn't falter, however, and she maintained eye contact with him. Brayden let out an audible laugh, determined to not break eye contact with him. She cut her laugh short and narrowed her eyes.

"Well, i don't really see the point in kissing your rings solely for your entertainment, so i could only assume it was a joke," Brayden held her gaze towards Death as she spoke, waiting for him to respond to her. Now that, that could be real entertainment.
over a year ago Phantelephant said…
((curious... Is time relative/linear in this situation? Like could I have both modern day characters and characters from say.. like the 1800s as well?))
Hades_Shadow commented…
(( Yes, I am )) over a year ago
Firebird06721 commented…
((Since the tournament is annual all the reclaimants could've only been dead for a max of one year)) over a year ago
Phantelephant commented…
I had a feeling you would use that opportunity to say something like that, Hades over a year ago
((Elephant I don't think that would be possible since all the characters participating in the Tournament died just a few months prior to the start of the RP. And logically any souls from the 1800s would have already had their own Tournament XD))
Firebird06721 commented…
((Exactly, my comment was unecessary then lol)) over a year ago
Phantelephant commented…
My question was whether or not it was relative or linear cause it would make sense if it weren't in this particular storyline. Because eternity is never and forever at the same time and time was created by humans and not all living things experience the passage of life in the same way blah blah ah blha blah. I got my answer. It's cool. over a year ago
Death's other brow shot up. Death was surprised. Was she defying him? Was shegoing against his order? He asked himself those questions with child-like curiousity because it had been more than a thousand years now that someone had done that. Defying Death. Staring at him straight in the eye and laughing at him in the face.

Death remained with the same shocked expression for a while, trying to convince himself that it was all real before a sly smile slowly drew itself on his face. His expression showed no anger whatsoever. He didn't seem upset. He was...happy.

He liked her even more. He loved her courage. He found it so intriguing and exciting.

"Oh I see. So thee decideth not to obey mine order. " He said, slowly swinging his foot back and forth "Now, little wench I wanteth thee to confirm to me that this defiance of yours isn't just a mishap so that I can has't a valid reason to pull out thy innards and sendeth thee to oblivion earlier than everyone else. "

He said that last part in a chilly voice, one that transported his cold words to her very core. Deah made sure the threat was perfectly percieved by her. His smile turned sadistic, almost evil and his eyes flashed with anticipation.
Brayden watched shock take over Deaths face, and she was very proud of herself for getting such a reaction out of him. Her confidence started to quiver, however, as a sly smile crossed Deaths face. He seemed pleased with her defiance, as though he had developed a new, worse plan for her now.

He spoke directly to her, his voice colder than ice. His words shook her to her very core as he knew what he was asking from her. Brayden wanted to back down, but she knew that would make her look weak in Deaths eyes. She couldn't look weak, he would kill her on the spot. To her, the only option she has was to let Death play with her how he wanted.

"i confirm to you that my defiance was not a mishap." Brayden spoke steadily and her words carried more confidence than she had. She held her stare with Death, determined not to break it, and she didn't.
Death began shivering with excitement. This girl...He liked her. He really did. He loved the way she made him feel. He didn't even notice how tightly he was gripping the arms of his throne, till the stonebegan cracking beneath his fingers.

His smile widened even more, almost reaching his ears. He leaned forward, staring straight at her face. She was looking confident but deep within he felt fear. It was just a facade.

"I see..." HJe muttered. She was doing it for a purpose. He felt disappointed. He had hoped it had all been genuine defiance.

Still, she was entertaining him. And he felt he should reward her. She didn't want to look weak. But she was weak. Like all mortals. No mortal was strong. Especially in the face of Death.

Indeed he was going to play with her. And he was going to have a lot of fun doing it. He leaned back in his throne, his stare still fixed on her.

"So thee insist on rebelling against me. Thee decideth to disobey mine order." He narrowed his eyes at her "I desire thou art addressed to visage the consequences of this act ."
Brayden looked quizzically at Death. She was defying him, yet his smile only got bigger. She noticed he nearly broke his throne out of... excitement for her? Death leaned his face in towards hers, and it took all her power she had to not jump back. She was lucky to have a strong will, as instead of leaning away from Death, she leaned in closer as well. She leaned in so close she was only inches away from him. Brayden looked at the reflection of her face in Deaths eyes, and she looked more strong than she felt. Death finally leaned back, and she did too. She was standing straight now, not breaking their eye contact at any point. He was not seeing her weak, not seeing her scared. Maybe if she kept it up long enough, she would convince herself to not be scared of Death.

Death spoke, the word "consequences" coming off his tongue sent her stomach in circles. Brayden was near positive he was seconds away from playing wh her, but she didn't let the thought break her down. Once Death finished, Brayden continued looking him straight in the eye and laughed at him. She laughed for a couple seconds before cutting herself off to talk.

"Consequences for defying you? Oddly. it appears to me you enjoy my defiance, so i think that supposed 'threat' is a bit odd. But go head, lay it on me."
over a year ago Firebird06721 said…
Chloe stood, faced with a simple choice, that she was sure would have dire consequences. Would she obey and look weak or should she defy and risk Death's anger. Neither seemed like a good option, her logical brain working overtime to choose the correct coarse of action. She was relieved when two more souls interrupted her decision.

A boy, and a girl. The former knelt immediately, obedient but pathetic-looking all the same. The girl clearly thought nothing of the consequences, her defiance looking bold but leading her towards trouble. Chloe watched Death closely. With the boy he seemed pleased, but unimpressed, and Chloe certainly intended to make an impression. The girls defiance seemed to intrigue and excite him, however, now he was almost required to make her suffer. Both of them seemed foolish to Chloe, jumping in without thinking of the repercussions. This made them predictable to her, easily read, therefore vulnerable to exploitation of obvious weaknesses.

Elle entered the vast grand room. She stood in the throne room of Death. Three other souls had already arrived, a boy and two girls, she saw. However, she immediately overlooked them as her eyes fell on Death himself. He was instantly recognizable, the cold, dark aura that surrounded him drawing her eyes in. She had to bite the inside of her lip to keep it from quivering, knowing she must keep her face blank.
over a year ago 666demon said…
(I'm so sorry I haven't been on! Shit's going down Hindenburg x Titanic x Hiroshima bombing style over here and I'm in the middle of it)

Kasey entered the throne room of Death, looking around the place with a high distrust and mild annoyance. Glancing before him, he saw at least four other people and the douche bag who held the Tournament. Walking closer, he noticed the way Death was being a creep to one of the girls and it made his skin crawl. He didn't like that one bit. "I haven't even looked at you for more than two seconds and I already want to punch you in the face." He commented towards Death.
over a year ago Hades_Shadow said…
Time watched the room of the tournament from the Halls of time, he just felt better in the white and bright colored building compared to the dank, dark place death called home. He saw every participant enter, and remembered their lives, the good and bad. He actually chuckled at a couple of them, he like those who stood up to death, it gave him motivation to do the same. One day he hoped the tournament would end, but until then he hoped the competitors would beat the desire out of death.