By request; the male version of my top villain list. As it would turn out, I do in fact also love me a good male antagonist. I know, shocking right?
Honorable Mention: Kronk (Emperor's New Groove). This guy is freaking hilarious. I can't not like him. He and Yzma made the entire movie worth watching!
That whole "Right the poison. The poison for Kuzco. The poison chosen specifically for Kuzco. Kuzco's poison" quote killed me! Best quote ever.
10. The Joker (Batman): Once again, not gonna lie, I don't watch much Batman. I'm not big on superheros. But I am intrigued by the Joker. He's like the male Bellatrix or Azula and ya'll know how much I love those two. A batshit insane villain is a fun villain.
9. Valtor (Winx): Long story short, this man is the Dracula of Winx. He even has his own little theme song. You know he's here when you hear that awesome guitar rift. He's a pretty neat villain, he's clearly got some power. Later on in the series you find out that he's not even actually human he's this gargoyle like monster created by (the lovely) Icy's ancestor.
Also dat goatee, gotta love the goatee.
8. Deidara (Naruto): Yes my interest range goes from girly Winx to action-packed Naruto. This guy is the bomb (boooo, your puns suck)! As someone who has been in ceramics classes, I thoroughly enjoy a man who can blow shit up using clay. This dude bro has three mouths; the boring regular one and then one on each of his hands. It's creepy as heck and I love it! In fact those mouths are how he makes the exploding clay. Pretty nifty if you ask me.
7. Scabior (Harry Potter): This guy is freaking sexy. If I weren't asexual, I'd tap that lol. Gosh he was such an insignificant character and Bellatrix owned his arse, but I like him anyway. Liking him was (as tumblr put it) like being that parent sitting at a school musical waiting for tree 3 (aka his/her son) to appear on stage. He was a pretty menacing presence whist he was on screen.
6. Lucius (Harry Potter): And then there's this butthole! He is such a snobby little prick but I love him regardless. He carries this pimp cane around with him everywhere. He's got fab hair. I swear he and Bella get into it over hair. Sure he's more of a follower than a leader but the way he sasses Harry on behalf of Draco is always a fun watch.
5. Dracula (Van Helsing): This is another movie I vaguely recall. But I remember thinking that Dracula was kick-booty. I honestly can't love villains without loving a classic like Dracula. He was absolutely cool and I'd totally steal his wardrobe. He had 3 vampire brides catering to his every need. And when it came down the final fight he had some pretty wicked moves.
4. Envy (Full Metal Alchemist): Any friend of my favorite character (Lust) is a friend of mine. I think Envy is cool as he is a shape shifter. To be honest he may not even be male it's a common theory among the fandom that he actually has no gender. But he's still my favorite palm tree hair'd anime bro. He's ruthless and cruel and merciless. Just an all around interesting character. Though I can't say much for his development as I quit watching after Spoiler
Lust died. End of Spoiler
3. Hook (Once Upon A Time): I thought Hook was a pretty interesting character from the moment I saw him. And I totally shipped him with Regina. At first he's kind of a douchey womanizer, but after some time (despite my hatred of the ship) with Emma he sort of tamed his male parts. He's actually a pretty loyal guy right now but he's still got his secrets. Even so, I still think he's a cool character.
2. Zuko (Avatar): I was not sure if I should put him on here as he's good now, but I put Gina in my last article so I'll add a Zuko. I mean I love Azula of course I'm gonna love her brother. In the beginning this was actually not true, I used to hate him. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked him. He's just as deep a character as his little sister. He started off at a very low point--pretty much bald with only a silly pony tail and then he grew out some sexy hair. Oh and also he turned from bad to good.
In all seriousness, I loved his redemption arc; he was all about 'honor' and capturing the avatar. But after 2 and a half long seasons he came to realize honor wasn't what he wanted...it was his father's love. And from there he realized that he had more self respect than that. If his father couldn't love him unconditionally then he'd hold his own and do the right thing.
1. Saywer (Lost): Though he's more of an anti-hero/that guy who screws with everyone just to do it, I'm gonna add him to this list as he is my favorite male character in general. This guy is like a male Regina/Icy mix. He is stuck on an island in the middle of a jungle with all these people he hates. And he is one sassy bastard. He's an asshole and I hated him at first. But after teasing him (for being an asshole) with my friend I started to grow fond of him. If I joke about a character enough odds are I'll start to like 'em. He is so 100% with everyone and that island it's fun to watch. Aside from maybe Regina, I have never seen someone so 110% done with life. He has great nicknames for everyone like 'freckles' 'doc' 'international house of pancakes' 'hobbit (which is funny because the character in mind's actor played a hobbit)' 'French Chick' and so many more. He has given so many nicknames that said nicknames have their own Wikipedia page!
But really he does have more depth. He's actually a very sympathetic character especially when you find out why he calls himself Sawyer. He also fell in love with this chick, Juliet. He cried man tears when she almost died. Their relationship is just wonderful. When he's with her you can tell that he's not as much of a jerk as he lets on. And he does have some very bold heroic moments that I can get down with.
And so I have come to realize that the two male characters I love most are the ones I also hated the most. ;D
Can you see how completely done this man is!?