Royal Pains Article

The Theme Song of Royal Pains

Article by Councilman posted over a year ago
Today so much of the "Music" is so muttered and poorly mixed it's hard to understand the words. That has been the case with the theme song and my trying like mad to even figure out almost any of the lyrics. I have seen questions about what the theme song name was and no one had the answer and googling it didn't help. Well I finally found it. The name of the song is Independence by the Blue Van and the lyrics are as follows.
Independence
My independence went away
I didn´t listen when it said 'rely on yourself trusting someone else is a path for the silent ghost'
My independence went astray
I didn´t think you could betray the pieces that belong inside yourself
Still I wonder where did we go wrong

Dear independence, which way do go?
Dear independence, the world will know what I think is right

My independence kicked me out
It fed me to a hungry crowd
Like a leper I´m not touched and cannot bear to wath as I lose the will to lose myself

Dear independence, which way do go?
Dear independence, the world will know what I think is right
My independence had a mind of its own

So there you have it if it ever comes up. By the way the misspelling is how I found and copied it.

^^love the first statement

I love that song, but the lyrics were driving me nuts too. I could make out 'My independence went away...' and 'rely on yourself trusting someone else is a path for the silent ghost' but that's it. Thanks for posting this! :)

whizbang said:
While I agree with your observation about muttered and poorly mixed theme songs, in this case the difficultly in understanding the lyrics may have something to do with the fact that the band, The Blue Van, is from Denmark. Thanks for posting the lyrics! They drove me crazy for the longest time as well, I was almost convinced they were in another language.

sweetmsty said:
This song has been stuck in my head for days. I've been humming it but never new the words. I feel better now that I know I thing that's all I needed to get it out of my head. Thanks!!!

remarino said:
So they're from Denmark! Maybe that's why I don't understand it! Maybe "the silent ghost" actually means something in Danish. (It sure doesn't in English. (Which is to say, even with the lyrics in front of me, I still don't understand it.) Oh well, thanks for the lyrics. I kept wondering, "Are they singing, 'Is a pal of the silent O'? And what on earth does that mean?"

bribo54 said:
It's from Shakespeare's "Hamlet".

The silent Ghost might be a malevolent, murderous spirit, until his eloquent explanation of his presence to Hamlet convinces the prince "it is an honest ghost"

I'm crazy about the style of their voice and singing. I could understand all the words, if you train your ears to hear the words, you can hear the words. Spend a week listening to Bob Dylan and this should be no problem (:

jwbunny said:
not sure what yall are smoking but i understand the words. maybe pay closer attention to the lyrics and not so much the flash of the melody

cthaw21 said:
If any of you like this style cheeck out a band called whitetrash they're. From the early 90's they had a song called apple pie I thought it was them doing this theme song...crazy! Have a listen

nanbarwel said:
I thought the lyrics were "my independent mandolin" and thought that didn't make any sense