Supernatural will End in It's Fifth Season.

samsgirl84 posted on Feb 16, 2008 at 01:29AM
Article Credit:link

Supernatural star Jared Padalecki has confirmed the hit series will end in its fifth season. This year’s run of new shows could also end at episode 12 because of the writers’ strike in the US.

The first and second seasons of Supernatural had 22 episodes in total but filming in 2008 has been disrupted for over eight weeks because of the Writers Guild of America dispute. It has now been settled but its impact on the industry has been estimated at costing £766m.

Speaking to ITV.com in London Jared, 25, said: “The show is doing well but it is not clear if we will come back to complete season three, much less that we will come back this season. There have been rumours that season four will be extended and that season three will just be 12 episodes long.”

Speaking in London’s Mayfair at an international press junket for the show he suggested that fans will have to say farewell to the series some time in 2010 or 2011.

“There is a point in time for shows like this where you are not telling THE story any more. You are just telling a story. If you do that you are at the point where you’re saying ‘Oh well, let’s just keep on going.’
But doing that dilutes the strength of the show and its impact on people.”

Eric Kripke, Supernatural’s creator and executive producer, has a clear vision for its future. Jared said: “One thing Eric has always been great about is that he doesn’t keep on asking questions. He answers them.

“A fifth season would give us time to ask all the questions we need to ask and answer them all.”

Supernatural 22 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago angelicaamy said…
5 seasons of Supernatural! I love it, to know I don't have to worry it won't get picked up for the next season. Thats awesome!
over a year ago thedemonchild said…
Eric Kripke (Supernatural creator) said in an interview that he had a rough plan for 5 seasons of Supernatural (including the 2 and a 1/2 already aired); you can read the whole interview here:

link

and another interview stating that the last 4 episodes of Season 3 will begin being shown on January 31st (2009) can be seen here:

link

YAY!
over a year ago thedemonchild said…
IGNORE the four episodes I mentioned; I'm in the UK (not an excuse in itself) and I mixed up what he was saying (wishful thinking)he was talking about episodes 9-12 of Season 3 beginning over there (US) on Jan 31st of THIS year. The stuff about the 5 seasons still stands though.
over a year ago chris_brighton said…
your not totally wrong the final 4 episodes for season 3 will be shown in the u.s. from April 24th alongside the remaining smallville episodes, hopefully the u.k. should follow shortly after
over a year ago lucysmusicbox said…
Why is CW taking off the awesome show in the world is it because the main actors have other projects. I'm going be stuck watching repeats whats up with that? This is CW second time taking off a great show like VeronicaMars but they made it up with bringing back Girlfriends and The Game.
over a year ago Feflower said…
OHH, the writer's strike!, that must be the reason why i have been waiting for soo00 long here in NZ for season 2!, it's been nearly a year that the first season was shown here in nz, I LOVE SUPER NATURAL!!! @ can't wait for it's return!!!
over a year ago Cladra said…
Just five seasons?
over a year ago WinchesterAngel said…
I don't ever want it to end *sad*
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
im sad about only 5, but thats better than 4 coz how long can u go with only 2 main characters?
theres not much left which they havnt already done.
they only hav 2 explain all the stuff now. i hav no idea how they r gonna drag that out 4 2 more seasons.
over a year ago Kaidi said…
maybe it's the best to end the show when it's still at the top , but i'm gonna miss it very much :(
over a year ago Kristin98 said…
I wish it would go on longer, maybe season 6.
I will miss it, sad :-(
over a year ago girly-demon said…
i love supernatural and never want it to end! i enjoy watching supernatural every sunday on itv2 (i live in britain by the way so we dont have the cw channel) during series 1 and 2 my parents told me i was too young to watch it so i have only just got into it properly and now it has to end so soon! please reply to me, i would love to hear from u all soon! love GIRLYDEMON xxx
over a year ago iyaats said…
smile
i have already finished watching the 4 seasons.. i bought a dvd box set.. hahaha.. i super love supernatural.. and oh my! dean and sam i love them.. i love the way they love each other.. esp how sean wud do everything just to protect sam..
over a year ago Bagoas said…
angry
This would be a catastrophe. There have been other shows that have only been half as good as Supernatural, and they have lasted much longer that only 5 seasons. This is, if true, an abomination. I hope that each and every fan writes in to complain about this. Stand up for Supernatural, and stand up for Sam and Dean.
over a year ago iluvwinchester said…
angry
Hey! Supernatural deserves way more than that!!!! This was posted a long time ago too. It might be out-dated. X-Files(still a very good show) was half as good as SPN! And it last 9 friggin' seasons!!! Hey, Kripke! If you're reading this, if you end supernatural you will get SO MANY angry letters I swear to god!
over a year ago castielfm22 said…
smile
well obviously the show will still go on it is too good into the show and we need to see how it all ends and plus since misha collins came onto the show it has just gotten better and plus there are a whole bunch of ppl around the world watching the show now.
over a year ago metallicarfan77 said…
i cant believe the GREATEST show on earth is gonna end in a few more weeks, pisses me off, but I'm glad I've got to watch it for the past 5 years, but what i want to know is if M*A*S*H was on for 12 seasons how come this WAY better show has to end so early in its career
over a year ago Amber132 said…
I think I read somewhere that Kripke was warming up to the idea of a season 6 and I think if he wanted it the CW would give them another season I mean they gave Smallville another season and that show isn't even half as good as SPN so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
over a year ago kristine95 said…
CW has said that without Supernatural, Smallville and Gossip Girl, they won't have as many viewers as they to now. Also Kripke has finally said he's interested in doing a 6th season. Personally I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for it to be confirmed ASAP =D
over a year ago ureverydaykid said…
wink
its still going season 5 hmm it isnt the last whic is good
over a year ago maverickpml said…
mischievous
just watched season final of season five...der has to be a season six...
over a year ago shomill said…
All I can say is, thank God it's not true!